Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Plant Oil As Lubricant  (Read 7898 times)

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Plant Oil As Lubricant
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2012, 04:24:28 pm »

Gnome thieves a big issue for you?
Nah, just principle. They are not allowed to touch my booze. Mine. My precious Booze.

Then again, using it as lube could TOTALLY work because careless Dwarves can forget to wash their hands and poison everyone (because their hands touched other things).

And I know this is TOTALLY random, but I wanted to say it-

Urist McGuyDwarf: Hey baby...
UristMcGalDwarf (while building new minecart tracks): Uuuuh... Yes? What?
Urist McGuyDwarf: When I saw you bent over like that, I KNEW I wanted to lube your tracks...
Urist McGalDwarf: Well... Wait 'til I'm finished, okay?
Urist McGuyDwarf: But... Baby!!! I got protection!!! *holds up a bottle of gnomeblight*
Urist McGalDwarf: Well... Don't just stand there!!! Put your gnomeblight in my tracks!!!
Urist McGuyDwarf (after applying gnomeblight): Aaaah... Much better!!! Wanna f*** now?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2012, 04:26:24 pm »

...Putting the second part aside, you know gnomeblight only affects gnomes, right? And that it causes massive necrosis?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 04:33:32 pm »

...Putting the second part aside, you know gnomeblight only affects gnomes, right? And that it causes massive necrosis?

I assume you are referring to my post about preserving dead bodies. Perhaps it kills Goblins, but preserves Dwarven corpses? Like a Yin and a Yang?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 04:37:35 pm »

Gnome =/= Goblin.
I don't see why it would preserve corpses.

And I was talking about the end of the post above mine.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: WD40
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 04:47:24 pm »

You could apply this idea to gears too.

I overlooked that one.

Do I have your vote?

And does the topic name "WD40" keep people from clicking on it? Or are they too busy to read threads at the moment? Alternative thread names are welcome. I've already thought of "Lubricant", but knowing me, I would turn it into something of a sexual nature and I didn't want to go that route. :)

In reverse order: At first I thought it was going to be a spam-bot advert.

I wouldn't mind this so long as it didn't turn into too epic a struggle.

I'd also like it to take item quality into account. High quality items might need oiling less often. Gears made using artifact mechanisms might never need oiling.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 05:02:52 pm »

Gnome =/= Goblin.

It would preserve corpses because I have an imagination.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 05:11:36 pm »

Gnome =/= Goblin.

Alright, I accept that. I don't see anything in the game or raws that would suggest that it would preserve corpses.
Sig

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 05:13:35 pm »

Gnome =/= Goblin.

Heh.

Anyway, while this seems like kind of a minor suggestion it would give the player more applications for the stuff that would otherwise just be lying around the fortress.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Felix False

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 05:15:16 pm »

No. My dwarves have too many children already.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 05:22:41 pm »

The corpse-preservation part! Get your mind out of the gutter!

Gnomeblight should have at least somewhat adverse effects on non-gnome creatures if it prevents rotting. If nothing else, it should cause nausea from having the intestinal bacterial flora screwed up.
Sig

Deimos56

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: unicorpion]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 05:25:47 pm »

Gnomeblight should have at least somewhat adverse effects on non-gnome creatures if it prevents rotting. If nothing else, it should cause nausea from having the intestinal bacterial flora screwed up.
But if gnomeblight affects bacteria, doesn't that imply that gnomes are bacteria?  :o
I'm curious what the barely conscious ai wrote about.
Well that went better than expected.  He went nuts and punched a rabbit to death, then the dogs and the whole dining hall ripped him to shreds.

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 05:30:59 pm »

But if gnomeblight affects bacteria, doesn't that imply that gnomes are bacteria?  :o

Perhaps it affects gnomes AND bacteria?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 08:03:44 pm »

Exactly! It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to make up some rules and follow them!
Sig

DwarfMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 08:08:15 pm »

Exactly! It doesn't have to make sense, it just has to make up some rules and follow them!

Did yogurt exist back then? Perhaps the dwarves can make yogurt to alleviate the symptoms because it has probiotics.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 08:11:17 pm »

Did yogurt exist back then? Perhaps the dwarves can make yogurt to alleviate the symptoms because it has probiotics.

Yogurt is one of the newest of the fermented foods. Beer and cheese are ages older.

However, yogurt is like super old too. Dates back to the 1400s or so.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6