Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: What's the most badass artifact you've gotten recently?  (Read 15389 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: What's the most badass artifact you've gotten recently?
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2012, 07:37:23 pm »

Most recent artifact: A black bear bone battle axe, menacing with spikes of pig bones and decorated with gems of some sort
Best artifact EVAR: Scornbreed, a raw adamantine mechanism decorated with raw adamantine, worth a couple million. I put five steel and five addy disks in it, and its in the middle of the most used hallway in the fortress. If I ever have a tantrum spiral/berserkdorf/successful siege, someone is getting disassembled.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2012, 12:10:47 am »

I just got a wooden figurine of a forest titan killing an elf. If only I could trade it to the elven caravan, an elf being killed by a forest being carved into wood.

I think that titan must have an aura of giving and kindness...
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

DerNachbar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2012, 03:30:00 pm »

I just got a hematite floodgate named "Viperstalkers" after a hematite mechanism named "The Zealot-Prophecy of Minds" :)

Is that Armoks Voice? He whispers...

"Create. Let them worship. AND RELEASE YOUR FURY WHEN THEY PROVE UNWORTHY!!!

I'm thinking of a doomsday device in my new uber-legendary dining room. Hematite everything means I could do it with Armoks Lifeblood, but a magmasafe artefact floodgate with 140.000ish value (including artefact mechanism) might be put to other uses, or for that matter, release other horrors into my dining hall.
Maybe a fb-trap, that makes them nose around a small corridor and when they get stuck on the floodgate, I close the trap and then release magma in their face + spike them? I haven't built a fb-trap before, so this sounds interesting, too.
Any suggestions?

edit: I also have a copper cabinet, would that work too as a lure? And is [artefact] magma safe?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 03:34:47 pm by DerNachbar »

VerdantSF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2012, 03:44:20 pm »

Best artifact EVAR: Scornbreed, a raw adamantine mechanism decorated with raw adamantine, worth a couple million. I put five steel and five addy disks in it, and its in the middle of the most used hallway in the fortress. If I ever have a tantrum spiral/berserkdorf/successful siege, someone is getting disassembled.
NIIIIIICE.

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2012, 03:47:10 pm »

3 artifact weapon racks and an artifact armor stand in the same fortress. That should make it rather easy to appease the nobles.

WJLIII3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2012, 05:36:50 pm »

Pig Iron Door.

Hell. Yes.

Also, three musical instruments :(.

BUT! Two Weapon racks, one of them carved whole from a single red spinel. Also a red pyrope statue, in the tradition of Dwarves making frickin incredible furniture out of a single gem.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2012, 05:21:19 pm »

A statue made from gems? Damn, that sounds cool.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2012, 06:36:53 pm »

Maybe a fb-trap, that makes them nose around a small corridor and when they get stuck on the floodgate, I close the trap and then release magma in their face + spike them? I haven't built a fb-trap before, so this sounds interesting, too.
Any suggestions?

edit: I also have a copper cabinet, would that work too as a lure? And is [artefact] magma safe?

Artifact Floodgates don't work as artifact doors. They canno't be destroyed but can be deconstructed, thus are useless agains FB.

In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

DerNachbar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2012, 04:43:22 am »

Artifact Floodgates don't work as artifact doors. They canno't be destroyed but can be deconstructed, thus are useless agains FB.

Thx for clearing that up

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2012, 07:16:12 am »

Emerald bed.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]