Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: What's the most badass artifact you've gotten recently?  (Read 15394 times)

Tomsod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's the most badass artifact you've gotten recently?
« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2012, 11:32:24 am »

SLADE WARHAMMER. Unfortunately, it got STOLEN when the hammerdorflord using it decided he wanted to be a speardworf instead.

Full name- Cakes the Bashing of Arrows
It menaced with spikes of adamantine, spikes of steel, more spikes of adamantine, and silk. Engraved in the stone was an image of the hammerlord I gave it to striking down a FB.

Sweet Armok! Your fort definitely was built under a dozen of lucky stars. I never got a slade weapon no matter how I tried. In fact, I don't even know what kind of mood it comes from. Was that a weaponsmith or stonecrafter?

Fallenworldful

• Bay Watcher
  • The Expert !!Newb!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2012, 12:59:12 pm »

I don't remember! Shortly after the siege I lost the hammer in, a miner accidentally breached the Circus defenses and I lost the fortress.

I did get another sweet artifact at my current fortress, though. Bronzeclean, a adamantine pick that menaced with spikes of bituminous coal and platinum
The Vile Force of Darkness strikes Fallenworldful's Fortress, jamming the skull through the brain!

Fallenworldful's Fortress has been knocked unconscious!

Fallenworldful's Fortress has been struck down.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2012, 02:47:21 pm »

Is it even possible to make Slade Warhammers without modding?

adasdad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 02, 2012, 02:48:31 pm »

well, you can mine slade with the use of a bug, and if you lock a Moody dwarf who wants stone in an area where the only available stone is slade, you can get him to use it.
There are no words to describe my state of euphoria right now...
euphoric?

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2012, 02:49:16 pm »

well, you can mine slade with the use of a bug, and if you lock a Moody dwarf who wants stone in an area where the only available stone is slade, you can get him to use it.

The dwarf has created balablah! A adamanite warhammer! It is encrusted with spikes of slade!

-Ragequit-
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 02, 2012, 02:54:55 pm »

I got a kobold bone warhammer named "Smashedmatched". It also had a picture a one of my dwarves killing a goblin on it. Corai, beware.

Spoiler: On the other hand... (click to show/hide)
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Tomsod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2012, 09:18:36 pm »

I saw three or so (now four) mentions of getting a stone weapon through mood when I searched, so it seems this does happen, if very rarely. The question is, is it a weaponsmith who occasionally demands stone, or stonecrafter/mason who occasionally makes weapons? I 'm more inclined towards the former, since there was some guy on the wiki who got all possible things each mood can produce from DF's binary and according to him only weaponsmith, bowyer and bone carver can ever make weapons. But who knows.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2012, 10:28:09 pm »

I've been getting artifacts that suck lately, nothing badass.  I did get something I can only describe as a wool pimp hat, though.

Ganadcuggan Dostob ikthag, Specialsand the Clearing of Squeezing, a sheep wool cap
Basic Value 55000
encircled with bands of sheep wool, cushion cut brown zircons and round diorite cabochons
made from sheep wool cloth
thread is midnight blue with dimple dye
menaces with spikes of brown zircon
image of a cushion cut gem in sheep wool
image of itself (yay, fractal artifact) in dacite
image of some dwarf individual in giant coati bone
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2012, 09:40:19 pm »

I have finally had someone make an artifact bucket!  And it was a jeweler at that (though he was supposed to be a woodcutter).

Value: 66,000 Urists

Radukzulban, The Bitter Banners, an aventurine bucket

This is a aventurine bucket. All craftsdwarfship ... quality. It is decorated with giant cave spider silk and encircled with bands of rectangular aventurine cabochons an dbaguette cut green tormalines. The handle is made from jaguar leather. This object is adorned with hanging rings of microcline. On the item is an image of a mangrove in green tourmaline.
On the item is an image of Zuglar Glovefeeds the dwarf in microcline. Zuglar Glovefeeds is traveling. The artwork relates to the hunting of great beasts of the dwarf Zuglar Glovefeeds in The Perplexing Forest in 165.*

Now I just need to end up with an artifact mechanism and an artifact chain or rope, and I'm set! :D

This was the third artifact produced in Zaneglektag (Reliclures), with the second being an onyx floodgate and the first being a porcupine leather long skirt.  I'd have to say this is the most productive fortress I've run (since 31.11) in terms of useful artifacts.

*It is currently 1002 (embarked in 1001), and my fortress is on the edge of the Perplexing Forest and the Aquamarine Dune, some badlands.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2012, 09:42:39 pm »

I got a kobold bone warhammer named "Smashedmatched". It also had a picture a one of my dwarves killing a goblin on it. Corai, beware.

Spoiler: On the other hand... (click to show/hide)

Challenge accepted. That will make a nice meal for the kobolds.
Now enjoy the next 50 waves of free kobold meat & bones.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Stoup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2012, 12:49:08 am »

Not exactly epic, but quite amusing was the first artifact my fortress of Tinclam produced: A diorite crown by the name of "The Fleshy Vessel"

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2012, 07:25:47 am »

Not quite mine, but found this in legends of one of my worlds:
'In the early winter of 105, The Dwarf Sizzling was created in Crescentbook by Kib.
In the late autumn of 107, The Dwarf Sizzling was stored in Crescentbook by Kib.
In the early autumn of 108, Can Crescentbook Save The World? was created in Crescentbook by Kib.
In the late autumn of 109, Can Crescentbook Save The World? was stored in Crescentbook by Kib.'

Kib was the necromancer dwarven queen of one of the dwarf civs.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2012, 06:07:34 am »

Candy table. My Dwarves sure do like their furniture. Might put it in the emergency vault for an instant dining room therapist.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2012, 07:07:12 am »

I got a goblin bone bed and soon after that a goblin bone chest (or was it a coffer?) and a goblin bone door. I was really excited when a third dorf went moody and was hoping to get a cabinet so I could give my baron a full goblinbone room. So much goblin bone!

..Urist McIdiot has created somethingsomething, a glumprong trumpet...
Why are all the most disapointing artifacts made of glumprong?

Edit: Not quite recently, but I once got an artifact blue wool skirt. One of my militia commanders was soon walking around in high boots and a spiffy skirt. I wonder if he also had a handbag and some lipstick..
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 07:13:17 am by Scruffy »
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

MehMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2012, 04:03:38 pm »

I just got a wooden figurine of a forest titan killing an elf. If only I could trade it to the elven caravan, an elf being killed by a forest being carved into wood.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5