Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you currently looking for a game?

Yes
- 7 (50%)
No
- 2 (14.3%)
Yes, but only of a certain type (specify)
- 3 (21.4%)
Seriously, No
- 2 (14.3%)
Yes, but only with a certain host (specify)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Want to play a Game? Post/Vote here!  (Read 11239 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Want to play a Game? Post/Vote here!
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 12:14:29 pm »

The BYOP/BYOR format is dead to me. The one that Powder hosted was my first, and I think it'll be my last.
PM has been on this forum for around half a year, IIRC, and this was his first modding (again, IIRC). The first BYOP was pretty awesome.

Like King of the Mafia crazy.
Are you that wasn't a typo for 'unbalanced as fuck, with the absolute majority of games being won by town, with the majority of townies simply drifting along into the victory'?
I thought the whole point of that setup was that only the best scum could win as scum.
What's the point of having a gametype where one team wins like 95% of the time? And the other can only win by extreme luck? I mean, the last KotM had like two vigs and two PGOs. A horrific clusterfuck happened and only two people were alive by D2, one of whom was a PGO. That's just ridiculous.

PPE:
Yeah, go read some better BYORs before writing them all off.
I want to help make the roles of someone's BYOR... :( I just can't trust myself to run it with the same diligence I used to.
I could run one. However, judging by the general... deadness of this forum and the amount of FUCKING FUCKASSES who don't join my games BECAUSE THEY CANNOT RECOGNIZE MY GENIUS, BUT I'LL SHOW THEM. I'LL SHOW THE ALL, AHAHAHA!

Ahem. As I was saying, I could run one.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 12:18:14 pm »

Actually, judging by the amount of people present and the general sentiment, what this forum needs right now is a Neruz-style bastard with less than 10 players. Optionally with a (non-vital) game mechanic that depends on replacements.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2012, 12:21:29 pm »

The BYOP/BYOR format is dead to me. The one that Powder hosted was my first, and I think it'll be my last.
PM has been on this forum for around half a year, IIRC, and this was his first modding (again, IIRC). The first BYOP was pretty awesome.

Like King of the Mafia crazy.
Are you that wasn't a typo for 'unbalanced as fuck, with the absolute majority of games being won by town, with the majority of townies simply drifting along into the victory'?
I thought the whole point of that setup was that only the best scum could win as scum.
What's the point of having a gametype where one team wins like 95% of the time? And the other can only win by extreme luck? I mean, the last KotM had like two vigs and two PGOs. A horrific clusterfuck happened and only two people were alive by D2, one of whom was a PGO. That's just ridiculous.

PPE:
Yeah, go read some better BYORs before writing them all off.
I want to help make the roles of someone's BYOR... :( I just can't trust myself to run it with the same diligence I used to.
I could run one. However, judging by the general... deadness of this forum and the amount of FUCKING FUCKASSES who don't join my games BECAUSE THEY CANNOT RECOGNIZE MY GENIUS, BUT I'LL SHOW THEM. I'LL SHOW THE ALL, AHAHAHA!

Ahem. As I was saying, I could run one.
The point of KotM is that it's purposely cruel. If it's not your type of game, don't play it. This might co-align with your whole "genius recognition" thing.

And I could co-mod. Mostly, I would update what I could, but you'd basically be in charge of the game. Also, we get to make sweet, sweet roles together. As long as these roles don't majorly suck lemons.

Actually, judging by the amount of people present and the general sentiment, what this forum needs right now is a Neruz-style bastard with less than 10 players. Optionally with a (non-vital) game mechanic that depends on replacements.
I don't understand. You're okay with Neruz level of cruel, but not okay with Web level of cruel...

His games are ruthlessly unbalanced... Whatever. I'm baffled.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2012, 12:30:32 pm »

The point of KotM is that it's purposely cruel. If it's not your type of game, don't play it. This might co-align with your whole "genius recognition" thing.
It is not cruel, it is stupid. Anybody who rolled town and wasn't Pandar/NF/some other kind soul would go fullclaim and roll along with whatever plan was proposed in the thread by the aforementioned kind souls. There is no scumhunting. There is no point.
And I could co-mod. Mostly, I would update what I could, but you'd basically be in charge of the game. Also, we get to make sweet, sweet roles together. As long as these roles don't majorly suck lemons.
Actually, I was thinking more about 'offer roles for stuff I can't think up and kick me inna eye if I think up some heresy for stuff I can', not co-mod.
His games are balanced. In exactly the same way as purple, square root and a maniacal grin are balanced.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2012, 12:33:34 pm »

The kind of game I'd like is a quick one since I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2012, 12:35:13 pm »

That's your fault. You're just not good enough to be King. For example, if you hadn't blown your daykill on Toaster until after the massclaim, things could have been different.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2012, 05:49:44 pm »

It is not cruel, it is stupid. Anybody who rolled town and wasn't Pandar/NF/some other kind soul would go fullclaim and roll along with whatever plan was proposed in the thread by the aforementioned kind souls. There is no scumhunting. There is no point.
Actually, I was thinking more about 'offer roles for stuff I can't think up and kick me inna eye if I think up some heresy for stuff I can', not co-mod.
His games are balanced. In exactly the same way as purple, square root and a maniacal grin are balanced.
And following that plan would simply be lawfully stupid. It's easy to have something go wrong. And when things go wrong, people start pointing guns. You refuse to acknowledge this point, so it's moot. If you don't scumhunt, you don't win. If you don't go against the town, you don't win. You can never win if you mindlessly go with any plan they make. If you're planning on being lucky and stepping on an instant win, you're going to have a bad time. It's actually hilarious to see people trying to make plans to do that. There's plenty of ways to counter that.

And I don't care about co-modding. Less work for me, really.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 06:32:20 pm »

The whole point of a town plan is to make the town win, so shockingly as scum you'll want to go against it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2012, 06:53:40 pm »

The whole point of a town plan is to make the town win, so shockingly as scum you'll want to go against it.
Not necessarily. Sometimes you'll go with it because it doesn't make the town win.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2012, 07:00:44 pm »

I guess, but in a kill heavy inspection heavy block heavy game like KotM it can be quite easy to make a strategy that simply obliterates the scum unless they retaliate in some way.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2012, 07:38:15 pm »

Or unless the scum has a trick up their sleeve (like, say, a redirector vs. six killers)

If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2012, 07:45:47 pm »

Or unless the scum has a trick up their sleeve (like, say, a redirector vs. six killers)
Redirecter would work really well, actually. Nobody's taken it yet, though.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2012, 07:51:00 pm »

I shouldn't have given that away, because that was my plan should KotM resume.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2012, 07:55:00 pm »

There are some better options than Redirector which I can think of.  But yeah, I would really like a game of it.  I think one solution to the swinginess is to not take it quite as seriously as Dariush seems to like to.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2012, 08:11:57 pm »

There are some better options than Redirector which I can think of.  But yeah, I would really like a game of it.  I think one solution to the swinginess is to not take it quite as seriously as Dariush seems to like to.
I felt like the quickness of it meant it wasn't supposed to be super serious. I mean, the whole purpose is to obtain a title. Is this title all that serious?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4