Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244899 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1920 on: August 07, 2019, 03:52:03 am »

Look the part up on warframe.market, it may be surprisingly cheap. Gram Prime Handle for example is less than 20p. You are probably better served farming something else that you can sell for plat and buying the last few parts you need.

Selling prime parts for plat is rarely worth it BTW. Rare parts that are vaulted (or new parts just released) are about the only items worth anything. Better to trade them in for ducats and buy sellable stuff from Baro if you want to make plat from relics without waiting for a long time. If you don't mind waiting farming rare parts and then holding them until a while after the item in question is vaulted can be a real gold mine. However only the rare quality parts are ever worth much. Sets are worth the most of course, but a set is only rarely worth much more than the sum of its rare parts.

What isn't worth selling is often worth buying. Farm the easy to get stuff, make an attempt at the harder stuff, then just buy it from people who are desperate for plat if it takes too long to get.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: August 07, 2019, 04:01:38 pm »

I have already decided I'm just going to buy the redeemer part because I'm sick of farming relics by now, but as long as I still have relics to maybe have a shot at actually getting the part then I'm going to use those first before resorting to using platinum.

Honestly I'm not worried at all about making platinum via selling things.

E: I just looked and apparently Wukong Prime Neuroptics, which is a COMMON drop from this relic, as in easy to get, is worth 40 platinum... more than the RARE part for this relic. This is pretty damn absurd, why would you pay 40 platinum for something you have a very good change of getting without trying? I don't get it.

If I sell the spare I have I can pay for getting the things I'm missing. =/

E2: HA, finally found a group and got the rare part. Suck it. Still need the tipedo parts though...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 07:01:34 pm by Ozyton »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: August 07, 2019, 07:38:16 pm »

Redeemer Prime is probably also heavily undervalued because melee 2.9 completely ruined gunblades. The autoblock, which procs all the damn time, cancels your shots.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: August 07, 2019, 07:41:49 pm »

When Void Traces are plentiful, the common/uncommon/rare drops all have about the same chances of dropping. The rarity of the relic and the demand of the part are what drive the price.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: August 08, 2019, 03:39:40 pm »

Now that I've got that venting out of the way I must say that the UI changes have been overall pretty good since last I played. It they must have updated the loadout screen since yesterday since before it was just a list with names but now it looks more like the current inventory screen. The removal of the menu button from the top left is still the biggest change that I disapprove of, since it was nice being able to access it from any screen. Currently you have to keep mashing escape to back out of any screen you're currently in until it lets you open the menu.

Apparently there's a returning (new to me) event going on where you can get an opticor vandal. Finished my prime grind just in time... though I still need to get a million orokin cells

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: August 08, 2019, 06:51:36 pm »

I don't think I've ever gotten all chunks of a prime on purpose.  Like actually refining relics has been mostly a waste of time.

I'll just run random relics (because I have a million these days of just vaulted shit) and pick whatever of the 4 I don't currently have.  Then suddenly I have equinox prime.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: August 12, 2019, 12:40:53 pm »

Hi all,
Just got back into this - any active players/clan around that I could join?
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: August 13, 2019, 06:46:19 am »

I could probably get you into the clan I'm in, but we have some pretty strict requirements and we may be full at the moment.

Requirements are MR 14+ & 350h+ in game (not Steam) hours. Also it is a Moon clan (1000 people) and rules are pretty strict (You get kicked after 10 days inactive for example).

If you are just looking for a clan to hang out in for a few weeks before going back to other games, Phantom Vanguard is probably not for you.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: August 13, 2019, 02:52:50 pm »

I may be able to invite you to Archangels legion when I get back - but they’re fairly strict as well.
15 days inactive will result in a kick, and new members are on a probationary period where they cannot buy clan research blueprints.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: August 13, 2019, 04:28:53 pm »

I'm lucky since the clan I'm in is a shadow clan with pretty much everything unlocked all the time. I go inactive for months at a time and I still haven't been booted yet, and I don't even really talk to anyone in it, hehe. Unfortunately I believe it is full as well since going over a certain player count will mean it's no longer a shadow clan and will make research and such more difficult for the people who do contribute.

Also lucky, because after 1060 hours of playtime Stalker finally dropped War. Still can't get Zanuka to drop the last Detron piece I need though.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: August 13, 2019, 05:19:52 pm »

Yeah really, really not looking for a strict clan - just wondered if there was a casual B12 clan as I know there was at some point. Warframe is the kinda game I love jumping into a few times a week, put down for a few weeks, and then come back to.

I also don't want to join a clan with probation periods and all the rest - it starts to feel a bit too much like work, and I can't stand when people get all high and mighty about their standing within guilds and all that - it's a grinding game; you've literally just sat still for longer than me.

If there's a B12 clan around or a nice relaxed clan (or someone fancies starting one) - I'd love to join!
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: August 13, 2019, 06:41:23 pm »

I've been doing the Nightwave and learned what the 'recovered' objectives meant. So I've been doing them but the two it wants me to do now are kill Profit-Taker and do 3 perfect runs of Index in a row. I've only done Index solo so that's probably impossible without a good group, and I don't think I'm able to take on Profit-taker just yet... and a third objective isn't popping up for some reason.

Is there a way to check what week of the Nightwave we're on and what the objectives I've missed are?

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: August 14, 2019, 01:48:36 am »

Each week the challenges are posted on reddit, so you can dig through there.

Fire and Glory

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: August 15, 2019, 06:59:42 am »

I've been doing the Nightwave and learned what the 'recovered' objectives meant. So I've been doing them but the two it wants me to do now are kill Profit-Taker and do 3 perfect runs of Index in a row. I've only done Index solo so that's probably impossible without a good group, and I don't think I'm able to take on Profit-taker just yet... and a third objective isn't popping up for some reason.
We can try to do the Index runs together if you want, I've gotten to that Nightwave objective as well and two people would be a lot better than one.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: August 15, 2019, 04:36:58 pm »

Index is easy. Just go into low-risk with Gara, drop your ring around the Tenno goal, and keep it refreshed until you finish. All you really need is one competent-ish teammate to score points.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 133