Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 244795 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #1065 on: December 03, 2016, 10:02:50 pm »

Kind of annoying how they're not giving Valkyr Prime different abilities, though, considering that Valkyr's current state is supposed to be a direct result of Salad V's experiments.
They're already making two new frames atm, three would be worse for all of them.
Also, it could just be he made them worse.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: December 16, 2016, 05:58:48 pm »

Spear-gun is here. Javlok spews fireballs, and explodes when thrown. Get the parts from Grineer Prostitutors Prosecutors, and research it in the Chemlab. Or buy it in the market.

Event for today only. Snowball fight in Conclave. Your loadout consists only of your frame and new and unique winter-themed throwing daggers and spear-scythes.

Oh yea, and there's an ugly-ass new skin for Kavats. Ever wanted a degenerate Hyekka instead of our current regal (sometimes) cat-beasts? Because that is literally what is on offer.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 22, 2016, 03:08:38 pm »

Another update, with a new frame. Nidus is an infested frame.

Also new quest, and two new infected weapons. One's a rifle to be researched in the Bio Lab, and the other can be built from Kogake for our newest Sparring-type melee weapon.

Also, the rifle requires 5,000 Mutagen samples for research. No, that's not a typo. Contribution requirements are getting a bit much, DE.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 22, 2016, 03:09:30 pm »

Especially when Mutagen Samples drop in one place in the whole goddamn galaxy. I've been running Distillers for 2 weeks in Eris and haven't gotten a single one yet.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 22, 2016, 04:17:12 pm »

Another update, with a new frame. Nidus is an infested frame.

Also new quest, and two new infected weapons. One's a rifle to be researched in the Bio Lab, and the other can be built from Kogake for our newest Sparring-type melee weapon.

Also, the rifle requires 5,000 Mutagen samples for research. No, that's not a typo. Contribution requirements are getting a bit much, DE.
Is that in ghost clan research amounts, or higher?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 22, 2016, 04:32:06 pm »

Yea, that's Ghost clan numbers. Sorry, should have specified. Javlok needs 1,000 Detonite Ampules as well. Again, that's just as a Ghost.

Also, trolls abound in the new quest. It's the Index's kill-and-cap game mode again, but you have to win by no more than a specified amount of points. Assholes wait until the last minute to dump 20+ points in to guarantee a fail.

Even one point over the margin fucks you, because the AI can't play for shit. You could go solo, but the specters you get play even worse than the enemy.

The new Nidus farm spot/mission type is a bit shit, too. It's like a Defense mission with three nodes to defend, mixed with survival in that you are reliant on enemy drops to sustain the three nodes. Nidus parts have around a 14% chance to drop on Rotation C, meaning four rounds to get a chance to win a part, while we also have a much higher chance to win garbage like Common-type mods or up to 80 Endo. Apparently this mission is a part of the Jordas Verdict Trial that was just clipped out into its own mission type, despite that every part of the JV Trial is still (supposedly) bugged to shit in ways that literally prevent you from completing it, with some of these still in the mission. Stuff like enemies not dropping anti-serum or not even spawning at all.

One good bug that came out of this is that if someone leaves at the end of a rotation, it gives tricks the game into skipping a rotation, giving you a free reward. Sometimes destroyed consoles will still work as well, so long as you keep feeding them serum.

I got all Nidus parts through sheer dumb luck. I'll never touch this mission node again. Unless they take out some of the trash rewards. It's a really good source of relics, but getting 80 Endo after four rounds, or a damned Common mod, is really grating.

Nidus himself, on the other hand, is incredibly fun, and very powerful. He can actually snowball, and is viable late-game. I hope they go back and make older frames more viable.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 01:41:38 am by BlackFlyme »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 30, 2016, 05:58:59 pm »

Bumping. People may have noticed a form of Space Aids going around. It's because of Nidus, and a special interaction he has in the infested room of our Orbiter.

It grows, and reaches max size after about a week. Here's what you do with it:

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 30, 2016, 06:55:31 pm »

They also mentioned they'll probably fix up the model after the holidays.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 30, 2016, 07:20:12 pm »

I hope so.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Plus everything about the thing seems rushed. Typos and incorrect images and such.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 12, 2017, 02:22:17 am »

Just came back to this game for about a week now, after playing it for a month back in 2014.  Right now holding off on buying plat until I get a 50 or 75 off coupon.  Can anyone on here spot me 24 platinum so I can get some more weapon slots? (I've been leveling weapons to 30 and it feels so bad to sell them after).  I'll give back the platinum when I get a coupon to buy a platinum package.

Also, do we have a B12 clan?  Or what clan are most people in?

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1075 on: January 12, 2017, 02:25:39 am »

I dunno if I've got 12 for a pair of weapon slots, but I do have some plat.

Out of curiousity, what did you do with the 50(?) you started with?
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 12, 2017, 03:03:40 am »

I had bought one extra frame slot and the rest weapon slots. 

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 14, 2017, 09:52:17 am »

I could give you 24 if you still need it. Bought a bunch with a 75% off coupon a while back. So I can afford to loan some out.

On a similar note, does anyone have a Rage they are willing to part with? Valkyr is really fun, but running out of energy sucks.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Mookzen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 14, 2017, 09:58:56 am »

Should I try this game?

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 14, 2017, 10:00:05 am »

I'd say so. It's a bit grindy, but the gameplay is fun.

It's free, so you don't lose anything by trying it out.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 133