Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245243 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #645 on: May 21, 2015, 09:48:16 pm »

I don't have much issue getting mutagen samples. Put on my nek/mesa/gmag/frost, get the missing parts, run ODD for 40 minutes.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 21, 2015, 09:59:49 pm »

Mutagen samples and detonite injectors get in the way of stuff I need more of most of the time anyway, I've ended up with plenty.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 21, 2015, 10:05:43 pm »

Barring the recent farming I've been doing in ODD, I've never actually gotten any mutagen samples. A couple masses from invasions is about it.

I discovered this when I tried to contribute to research in the bio-lab.

And I managed to get a Mesa system blueprint. Now I just need to wait for invasion to offer enough coordinates, and hope I can get the chassis. At only a one-in-three chance per run, it will not be a fun task. The RNG is strong in this one.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 03, 2015, 10:10:16 pm »

Double post, but I finally got a Mesa! It's fun, but I am way too used to tanky frames now, so I'm shit at surviving.

Also, 16.7 incoming. TL:DR of it is a new tileset on Earth, new augments for Limbo and Saryn, and the kunai and the paris are getting a graphics upgrade.

https://warframe.com/news/new-spy-vaults-preview

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 03, 2015, 10:51:41 pm »

Oooh, updates. Whee.

Kinda sad they fixed Excavation mode, was so hilariously easy and fun when the excavators would never die.

Thoughts on the Nyx, now that its maxed out. Mind control is great for specific high value targets, assuming you are skilled enough to keep track. I tend not to be, but do notice the difference in tagging an eximus unit over a basic grunt. Of course, even tagging a grunt draws some fire from you. The 2 power is nigh useless, being a rather weak 3 target attack, but it has its minor uses in dealing with long range foes. Chaos is, well, chaotic. It covers a massive area and makes foes attack each other. However, I'm not entirely sure of how effective it is. When I used it, I noticed little difference. However, I've seen other Nyx's use it and utterly decimate foes. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Now, absorb. This is beastly. 25 energy to start, causes a big AOE around yourself, and makes you immune to pretty much everything while it runs. Extremely spammable, and an amazing thing to drop if your shields get low, as you regen while its running. Definitely at least as potent as Volt's shock, if not more so despite the lack of range.

Currently leveling Ember with a Grakata, and I must say, the only thing I want at the moment is a Metal Auger mod. The thing is such a bullet hose that the only problem so far is that most corpses absorb half a burst of bullets before they fall down.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 04, 2015, 09:58:33 am »

Mesa's actually really hard to kill. Press 3, and realize that you take 0 damage with it on.

Re: Metal Auger. It's never, ever better than Shred. There's nothing that needs the extra meter or so of punch through and doesn't benefit from fire rate.

As far as Nyx goes, the secret is -% duration. As it turns out, the base length of Chaos is utterly insane, so you wind up casting it in one room then not having it up when you need it. Reducing duration reduces cooldown with it, so you can spam it and actually have everybody you need affected by it.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 04, 2015, 04:24:11 pm »

Re: Metal Auger. It's never, ever better than Shred. There's nothing that needs the extra meter or so of punch through and doesn't benefit from fire rate.
High fire-rate weapons (like say, the freeze ray gun) do not need to drain ammo quicker for the same effect. You will just have a useless gun faster.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 04, 2015, 05:20:59 pm »

The ability to empty ones clip faster never hurt anybody. The benefit of Auger over Shred is either nothing or 1 extra body, depending on your angle, and you're going to have trouble finding 4 bodies lined up for that sometimes-benefit to ever actually apply.

On another note, new Paris-flavored scythe is out. Tenno lab clantech, respectable damage (70, mostly puncture, some slash). 2x 20% crits, 1.1 attack speed. Not the best thing in the world, but best scythe by a long shot, and it'll be pretty respectable with the scythe-exclusive mod coming soon.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 04, 2015, 06:07:28 pm »

New tactical alert as well. Melee-only Corpus capture missions.

50k creds at three points, 25 fusion cores at 6, and a catalyst blueprint at 9. Not sure if there is anything after that.

I kickstarted the Anku research as well, so that's something to look forward to trying out. It looks cool, at least.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #654 on: June 04, 2015, 06:43:02 pm »

Shred is in the vast majority of cases (and probably all practical cases) better, just because especially as you get into higher end stuff enemies get absurdly tanky and your ammo economy is secondary to making sure those heavies focused on mini gunning you to death die as soon as possible, and you were probably gonna have to reload a time or two in the process of killing them anyway.

With that said Augur has some uses with non auto weapons and hallways in the void, when enemies are stacking up in a big line? single shot, big damage weapon, aim for the head, you'll probably hit a few other heads and certainly a few other torsos and probably kill a bunch of dudes. Metal Augur pays dividends when everyone's all stacked up and there's a huge density of dudes, the issue is that doesn't really happen most of the time. It's usually one or the other.

Buuut even then metal augur is like 15 mod points for a niche use that shred basically fills slightly less efficiently, so it's definitely only used when you really want to make a railgun that can potentially kill like eight people in one shot. That is a totally viable reason in my book. :P

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 04, 2015, 08:56:03 pm »

New tactical alert as well. Melee-only Corpus capture missions.

50k creds at three points, 25 fusion cores at 6, and a catalyst blueprint at 9. Not sure if there is anything after that.

I kickstarted the Anku research as well, so that's something to look forward to trying out. It looks cool, at least.
Wave 10 is to fight the new Juggernaut infested.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 04, 2015, 09:11:32 pm »

That thing absolutely devours ammo. And drops the component pieces for some new type of gear.

Pods that attract infested. I don't personally see myself farming for something like that, though I suppose it could be useful.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 04, 2015, 10:18:44 pm »

It seems like the Behemoth has bullet damage against it capped. Paris P fully modded was doing 100 damage with and without Mesa's 1 charges. However, Mesa's 4 did full damage so that's definitely the way to go.

It's still not nearly as horrid as fucking Mutalist moas. Tar and Swarms might actually be the single most obnoxious enemy types in the game.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #658 on: June 05, 2015, 02:02:03 am »

That thing absolutely devours ammo. And drops the component pieces for some new type of gear.

Pods that attract infested. I don't personally see myself farming for something like that, though I suppose it could be useful.

New gear is some kind of pod that attracts enemy attention, and he drops the BP for it. Enemies will shoot at it until it's destroyed, it sounds like it's only supposed to work on infested but it currently seems to work for everything but.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 05, 2015, 11:47:19 am »

Bursas are also spawning in that mission. No idea if the void gifts still work but they do have some rare drops.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 133