Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245220 times)

deoloth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #555 on: April 19, 2015, 01:22:28 pm »

My clan has pretty much gone inactive so my brother and I might be looking for a clan soon if that does not change.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: April 19, 2015, 03:29:19 pm »

Ah, I guess I'll have to see if the clan dojo has researched it yet. I can't seem to enter the dojo though. I have a clan key, but it says I'm not a high enough rank to enter without another person already in the dojo.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: April 19, 2015, 03:32:01 pm »

Ah, I guess I'll have to see if the clan dojo has researched it yet. I can't seem to enter the dojo though. I have a clan key, but it says I'm not a high enough rank to enter without another person already in the dojo.
I didn't even know that was a thing. I don't see why 'can enter dojo whenever' would need rank.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: April 19, 2015, 05:28:33 pm »

My advice in that situation would be to find a clan that isn't run by tossers.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: April 19, 2015, 06:56:04 pm »

I am really glad I promoted you to Officer status today. I should probably also edit the ranks -_-
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: April 19, 2015, 07:14:34 pm »

I picked this up recently and have been enjoying it a lot, although finding squads for missions to grind through getting planets' missions is miserable. I'm stalled out midway through Saturn because some of these missions are just impossible to solo and nobody shows up to squad after 10 minutes of waiting.

On another note, how hard is it to get the Dread Blueprint off the Stalker? It's a neat weapon but it seems pretty hard to kill.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 19, 2015, 07:23:23 pm »

You have to beat Stalker for there to be a chance of a blueprint dropping. The stalker flees at low health, which can make finishing it difficult, but it will still have a chance to drop a rare mod or other item. I've only gotten one blueprint off it, which was a dread. Though I've only ever killed it a couple times.

The grind will get a bit easier as you rank up and get access to better equipment. Finding a squad for some areas is a major pain though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 19, 2015, 07:28:14 pm »

Not all of his mods are rare either. (molten impact, y u drop so often from him?)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 19, 2015, 07:40:31 pm »

Follow up question: I've been marked by him, but I've played quite a bit since being marked and he hasn't show up yet. Does he only show up on particular missions, or have I just been unlucky?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 19, 2015, 07:49:00 pm »

Randomly shows up, preceded by flicking and a message or two by him. Same as the other assasins and the evil perrin moa attack squad.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 19, 2015, 07:52:51 pm »

He's got a pretty low chance of spawning. According to the wiki, it's something like this:

Spawn Chance = 1.5% + (0.5% × P); P = Number of Cell members.

Not sure what Cell Members means though. Might be how many people are in the party?

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 19, 2015, 07:57:29 pm »

Huh, that is pretty low. I guess I'll see if I can find a party of Stalker hunters at some point then. No way am I paying $60 for one blueprint.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 19, 2015, 08:00:19 pm »

I got it by accident, to be honest. Playing stuff, suddenly stalker, a success later and me and this other guy end up pretty dang excited we got a dread.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 19, 2015, 09:12:45 pm »

Just play normally, there's not much point hunting him until you've got the gear to insta-gib him.

As for soloing: You pretty much need squadmates for Defense and Mobile Defense missions, barring a handful of builds that require you to have a fully outfitted set of specialized gear that you need planetary progression (or loads of plat) to get in the first place. Your best bet is to get a Loki, mod for power duration, efficiency, and reserves, get Energy Siphon, and stealth your way through everything.

Loki's top-tier for a reason: enemies don't target you when you're invisible, and Radial Disarm hard-counters a lot of nasty stuff. Better still, a Loki's the ideal way to spend your starter plat + a little extra: 75p gets you a Loki from the marketplace with a potato already installed (meaning that the actual cost of the frame is 55p) -- it's the only thing apart from potatoes that's worth buying on the market.

I specifically avoid recommending Rhino because he's so easy to play. A lot of bad players turn him into a crutch, never learn to play without facetanking, and then can't pull their weight in the endgame when he falls off. Learning to play with a super-squishy frame vastly improves your skills because you'll either learn or keep dying over and over.

--

On another note, look into this. He hasn't updated it for the latest changes yet, but it's still mostly accurate (and the Synoid Gammacor continues to be beast anyways) and gives you a very good idea of what to aim for. Some of the God-tier and Tier 5 list items are discontinued, Primes, Syndie gear, &c. that you're not going to get without spending plat or getting to mid-late game, but some like the Marelok, Galatine and Vectis are available and easy to make pretty much right off the bat, even if you don't have a clan, don't play Void missions, don't play Invasions, &c.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 19, 2015, 09:40:29 pm »

If you don't want to be stealthy with Loki (I haven't played as him, but I've seen plenty of good loki do as well as FD says), then get Oberon or Valkyr built for sturdiness. The former has a team heal and generally is well rounded with higher than average armor (which still won't keep you alive if you don't get out of the way of the flying death, but it'll give you a bit more of a chance to do so compared to excal or other normal-armor-or-lower frames), though he's harder to put together than before. Put together one of the casters like Mag or Nova if you don't get a Loki for the squishy-practice.
The latter requires getting to Themisto (and a good deal of power duration/efficiency w/ steel fiber and vitality wouldn't hurt), but can survive a crapton of things without hysteria on, and nearly anything away from a nullifier with it on. Good for emergencies and survival extraction, good in general if you know when not to rely on hysteric invincibility, terrible if you dislike melee weaponry.

I'd second the rhino avoid. Also get a pair of Aklex, I had a reccomendation to do so from someone in this thread before and they are a spectacular secondary to have on hand if you don't have the rep or the palt for a synoid gammacor.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:46:45 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 133