Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245221 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #585 on: April 21, 2015, 04:02:18 pm »

Okay, I need some advice here. In about two or three weeks I'll be going back onto a connection I know is bad for Warfame; it's got Strict NAT because of ISP dickery, but it's my only option. What this means is that past that point I won't be able to connect to ~97% of people for playing missions or trading. I've still got a decent chunk of plat from when I got a good discount on my daily, and I need to spend almost all of it, barring a small reserve for potatoes.

What do I need to pick up in preparation for long-term solo play? Both in terms of things that will make it much easier, and things that are basically impossible to get playing solo but also highly desirable.

e:

Looooool. Had a visit from Stalker-senpai on a solo mission. When he poofed in, he did so on the little ledge outside the railing on a walkway over a pit and was stuck there until he died.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 08:38:50 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 23, 2015, 05:11:00 pm »

New operation up, will last for about a week. Rewards include a sigil, some mods, and a colourful quanta.

A Space Nigerian Prince has been asking for help from many people. For just a small portion of your credits, he will be able to claim his throne that lies within the Void.

Also, people seem to have misunderstood what the red text in chat was teasing us about, as it was poking fun of Darvo, and his entire stock sold out fairly quick.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 23, 2015, 05:31:24 pm »

The mods are for impact damage. I'm not sure if anything I have actually produces enough impact damage to be worth using them, but hey, event mods. Maybe I'll be able to actually get a buzz kill without a ridiculous plat price for once! (probably not, since trade chat will get flooded with the damn things.) And it gives me a chance to try out the quanta.

Edit: Holy cow the base crit chance on the new weapon. 35%, 2.5x multiplier
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:37:47 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 23, 2015, 05:41:06 pm »

Is it still the case the physical damage mods blow compared to the Elemental, because they don't scale off the modified weapon damage?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 23, 2015, 06:24:01 pm »

I believe they scale off of their own damage type only, rather than the total weapon damage.

I'm not quite certain on how to stun the droids for the operation, but it doesn't seem to matter, since people seem to want to destroy the droids, rather than do the operation.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 23, 2015, 06:37:11 pm »

Pub groups are for obvious objectives. Trying to scan synthesis targets or hold onto riot moa variants is too complex for them. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 23, 2015, 08:28:10 pm »

Solo valkyr on europa, smallest offering, 100 points. Heres what I've found out:

Ground slam the bursa to stun it (if you don't have a more reliable cc), make sure it can see you (the transfer bugs out for a bit if its blinded or loki is being sneaky), do not smash it until you get the red message on screen. Do so immediately when it does, unless in a group. No clue when to do it in a group, it only worked 1 out of 4 times I tried to group for it in clan. Solo has much quicker transfer time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 23, 2015, 09:19:59 pm »

There appears to be more than a few bugs with this operation.

These include such fun things as only the host earning any points after a successful mission; people who have been knocked down by bursas being unable to get back up; and having multiple offerings being consumed if you have more than one of a kind in your inventory, even though you will still only get the points for one of them. Getting hit a second time with a knockdown or getting killed may fix being stuck though.

Also, for some reason a lot of people have been falling through the floor in the Europa tilesets. Dying from that and reviving or even using the unstuck command may not work.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 24, 2015, 12:01:59 pm »

The event keeps getting stuck for me: 100% transfer then the thing just freezes. No verify stage. It's getting kinda frustrating. Me wanty the beam gun with the potato and slot.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 24, 2015, 12:20:09 pm »

At least people have been getting better at doing this. Slowly. Maybe all the trolls got bored of being assholes or something.

There's still the odd "i thot u wer supost 2 kill it :-((" or people forgetting to turn off their sentinel weapon or bring their dog, and have those kill it.

Defense missions become a lot more annoying when the thing you are defending wants to kill you. Whose idea was it to strap an ATM to a tank?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 24, 2015, 12:51:05 pm »

Honestly its simpler to do the event with solo valkyr. (or solo frost, apparently. But I don't have a frost.)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 24, 2015, 04:26:32 pm »

Finally got my shiny new Quanta. The event was cool enough, but man it started out soooo buggy (still is if you're unlucky). I tried it out a bit, and put a split barrel mod on it, more pew pew beams of death. I also invested some of my winnings towards the new grineer grenade launcher, the Tonkor (queue Tonka Tough jokes), because it's explode on impact, which officially makes it sound pimp even if it probably isn't.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 25, 2015, 02:58:12 pm »

Saryn is pretty fun to play with. Feels sorta like Oberon or what I see people do with Nova, but with a thematic reason to use shamrock pallete orange as a main color for once and much better armor than nova.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 12, 2015, 06:14:59 pm »

New event. New tileset, which the event takes place in. New weapons.

I don't know where the primary blueprint can be obtained, but the secondary and melee blueprints are in the market.

This is a sided event. Who will you help; everyone's favourite two-faced zombie Salad V, or our newer entry, Nigerian Void Prince Nef Anyo, the Prophet of Profit?

I don't quite like either of the offered rewards.

E: Also, with the new invasion mode interface for choosing a side, I can't seem to actually click on a side. I can press the mouse as often as I want, but it does nothing.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 06:20:41 pm by BlackFlyme »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 12, 2015, 07:18:42 pm »

If the blueprint isn't in the market, either its clantech (and appears to be according to wiki, assuming you meant the new bow), or it has some other method of showing up like the miter and its lol boss reward shenanigans.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 133