Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 133

Author Topic: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like  (Read 245069 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Warframe - F2P Sci-fi L4D-like
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2013, 01:19:44 am »

the 50% crit rates were unintended and fixed with the 10.0.1 hotfix.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2013, 01:36:27 am »

Oh, good! Did that include the Soma?

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2013, 08:33:14 pm »

Hey if there's still a clan (any clan :P) I'd like an invite, in-game name is Neutromancer.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2013, 09:24:42 pm »

I tossed you an invite.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2013, 01:05:23 am »

I tossed you an invite.

Cool thanks!

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2013, 12:50:00 pm »

So apparently the grakata is now good for procing elemental damage with an average proc rate of 2 per second with stock. The sobek is also a good for a shotgun if you want elemental procs...my only question is if the status effect scale with damage...if it is then those special weapons that do elemental damage as base are the ones to go for.

as for the volt...I really like it now, just with its abilities alone allows for me to keep up in terms of damage with others in tier 2 survival
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2013, 03:45:32 pm »

Hey, could I also get an invite to the clan? My username is malicious_pear (what I was thinking at the time is a mystery to even me.)
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2013, 05:17:32 pm »

This is a damn big update. The core of it though, I dunno, I need more time with it. But it seems to have failed at its initial goal of reducing rainbow builds. There's even more reasons to pile more elements on your weapons. Sure, they've eliminated contradictory effects like burning guys being frozen, or frozen guys starting on fire. But they haven't really removed the reasons for putting 4 different elemental mods on your weapons. They've just reduced the # of effects you get out of it, and moved the proc effect to its own attribute separate from everything else. But that doesn't change the fact that highest damage = most effects, for the most part. In terms of DPS, I think stacking as many elements as you can after you've done the critical ones will still be tops. Half the elemental effects are fluff when guys will be dead in less than 2 seconds. Maybe it will matter more in high level play, where all this stuff will really be put to the the test. (Time to do some Void runs I think.)

If anything rainbow build is more powerful now.

We lost AP damage, but we gained poison mods. Blast (fire + ice) and corrosion (poison + electricity) have no weaknesses at all, so it's like everything is turned into AP damage.

Meanwhile the physical damage split that's supposed to force you to specialize your weapons is a joke. With +360% anti-everything elemental damage, it's meaningless - even with a 100% puncture damage weapon vs infested you only lose something like 10% overall damage.

On top of that, the +physical mods are TERRIBLE, like... unbelievably bad. They only scale off their particular damage (elemental mods scale off total damage) and are only +30% (elemental are +90%) except concussion rounds for some reason which is +60%. On top of that, the physical damage is specialized, unlike the above anti-everything elemental damage. I honestly don't know why these mods exist, they are just noob traps since the only people who will use them are people who don't know better.

I don't know what they were trying to do with damage 2.0, but unless it was to make one uber build that works on every gun vs every enemy (because that's what we got) they failed miserably.

(granted it's still better then the old system where anything that was not AP damage was worthless, I guess)
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2013, 07:09:04 pm »

Yeah, my friend has identified Magnetism/Fire as the combination which gives you only additional damage, and suffers no penalties against any enemies of any configuration.

I mean, they've opened the game up to specialized builds for sure....but those require specialized scenarios to be meaningful. They said they want future difficulty to hinge more on these specialty damage types and armor, rather than levels. (Which is always trivialized by damage growth.) So we'll be seeing missions where every guy's gun does 100% Freeze Damage, or where they heal from taking Fire damage, ect.... Specialized missions requiring specialized builds, requiring you to have farmed your butt off and collected every single last mod so you can be flexible.

Hey, could I also get an invite to the clan? My username is malicious_pear (what I was thinking at the time is a mystery to even me.)

Done.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2013, 10:57:08 pm »

Magnetism loses 25% damage to flesh, since it's eating two elements that's effectively 45% less base damage against flesh. Fire is +75% vs flesh so it covers it, however it's inefficient. You're also missing out on an element completely, lowering your damage by 90% (of base, not total). To make it worse, most of the bonus from magnetism is only against shields, which not everything has and which tend to be lower then a unit's health bar (usually much lower).

Corrosion + blast uses all 4 elements and has no penalties at all. Also, the units who have the biggest life bar tend to have armor and corrosion has +75% vs armor. Blast is even arguably the most useful proc (not that procs are reliable enough to base anything on).

Making missions require specialized builds is just inverse WoW-style gear gating (instead of elemental resists, it's elemental damage). You must have x level heated charge mod to proceed.... ugh  ::). it's also *incredibly* penalizing to new players (especially because of how RNG the game is), meanwhile old players already have everything maxed out so they just slot whatever and go. Not good for the game (imo).
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 25, 2013, 12:00:48 am »

It's their idea for high-level gameplay. There's a crap ton of mandatory farming that has to be done by every player to do it. So I don't think it changes much in that regard. And if there's one thing WF doesn't lack at this point, it's a derth of things to do besides the one big thing. You graduate from farming all available mods to doing the Void, then Nightmare, then Orokin Derelicts. So. By the time you're ready to fight (what are now) level 80 enemies immune to everything but fire and that shoot pure ice, you'll have a lot of what you need. I just question if that's really going to be fun, or if it's going to be like Nightmares or Derelicts: something you suffer though then rarely do again.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #206 on: November 25, 2013, 05:41:11 am »

Yeah, warframe has always been about farming, one way or the other. I think overall damage 2.0 has accomplished the original goal of it, which was to make all (or at least most) weapons viable into the end game. Armored enemies are still troublesome but they're by and large the minority, unless you go into grineer.

The new goal of removing rainbow builds... yeah it hasn't done it. It's still very easy to stack elements in such a way as to have a combination that has no downsides. I'm sure they'll work on it, but until then Corrosive and Magnetic are very good combined elements. To give them credit, even though rainbow builds are still about, lining up your elements with the enemy your fighting now has a noticible benefit. Before it was really only noticeable on the infested, for me at least, and now I definitely feel it if I don't set up for a particular enemy type in a high end mission.

Weapons like Vectis and Soma I presume can still get around that.

Annnnd for anyone that's joined the guild, I am not in it! If you'd like to get in touch for whatever reason, my username is Seriyu. I'm usually up for doing whatever.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 25, 2013, 09:30:18 pm »

I hardly care about setting my loadout up in a right way, because I'm still using excalibur and stock weapons (other than lato vandal and cronus). I'm currently grinding up enough credits to build a Bo, because I was stupid and spent the majority of my money trying to figure out what transmuting mods did. Also, anyone use Rhino? His abilities seem pretty good, and I'd probably setting up as a tank, because I keep getting downed during boss fights.
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 25, 2013, 09:43:48 pm »

Rhino is considered one of the best Warframes in game right now. "Best" in the mind of players at large is "kills shit" and "doesn't die." Has a rush attack, an AoE stomp and is hard as shit to kill. Usually never gets knocked down. It's basically Excalibur but slower, less mobile and way, way tougher. With the right mods, most of his downsides are negligible.

Just finished building mine today, in fact.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 10:28:39 pm by nenjin »

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 25, 2013, 11:32:21 pm »

Oh man, I haven't played this since Alpha.

Methinks its time to patch this and get back into it!

Anything a person who remembers pretty much nothing from it needs to know?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 133