Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46259 times)

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #240 on: August 31, 2012, 05:37:54 pm »

Peace for now Mariners, assume defense so that the alliance can't attack us.

Maybe develop a way to make anti-matter, for Life Ship use
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2012, 11:23:01 am »

Just waiting for Kaian
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2012, 11:47:31 am »

Just waiting for Kaian

As filler until he posts, you could post the Atqualla's (?) thoughts upon the colonization effort.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2012, 03:33:53 pm »

Also my current tech

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 04, 2012, 06:18:33 am »

Well that Alliance was setting itself up for conflict with the Vorglockie, by both helping their ancestral enimies and by giving them those species classifications. Still, at least the alliance would have a place to stay if things went bad, not that would have to though, on the subject of which the colony had been making significant progress, the colony was still rather undefended if the Life ships decided to attack it though, the Alliance was either overestimating their own ships or underestimating the Life ships, but they were increasing their fleet and if some odd few life ships attacked then the colony could probably defend itslef, but it would be better off if it had those GTS lasers as well. The races were reching the space stage, and the subject amongst the Vorglockie is one on change from organic to machine, which would be good for expansion since they would meet other projects if they expanded, the time to reveal themselves was near, although she would need a majority vote from the makers for that. Another prject was coming, with alot of them, they would easily be able to compete with the current races when they arrived, although the counsol still had too explain which race was coming.

(Note on new race, If anyone wants to introduce a new race feel free right now, if no one new wants to make a new race then someone curently playing can, but they would be controlled b me, and if no one still doesn't want to introduce a new race, then I'll make one, but I would really like some new involvement, either a new race or a new player)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 04, 2012, 09:01:22 am »

I drop. I have school soon and I'm moving out, so less time. Sorry. Dragon guy (Zanzetkuken The Great is it?) can take over.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #246 on: September 04, 2012, 09:30:29 am »

A new race, how about a race that are a bunch of strands joined together and that manipulate all strands to attack?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 04, 2012, 11:30:17 am »

(Zanzetkuken The Great is it?)

Yes, that is I.

Well that Alliance was setting itself up for conflict with the Vorglockie, by both helping their ancestral enimies and by giving them those species classifications. Still, at least the alliance would have a place to stay if things went bad, not that would have to though, on the subject of which the colony had been making significant progress, the colony was still rather undefended if the Life ships decided to attack it though, the Alliance was either overestimating their own ships or underestimating the Life ships, but they were increasing their fleet and if some odd few life ships attacked then the colony could probably defend itslef, but it would be better off if it had those GTS lasers as well. The races were reching the space stage, and the subject amongst the Vorglockie is one on change from organic to machine, which would be good for expansion since they would meet other projects if they expanded, the time to reveal themselves was near, although she would need a majority vote from the makers for that. Another prject was coming, with alot of them, they would easily be able to compete with the current races when they arrived, although the counsol still had too explain which race was coming.

(Note on new race, If anyone wants to introduce a new race feel free right now, if no one new wants to make a new race then someone curently playing can, but they would be controlled b me, and if no one still doesn't want to introduce a new race, then I'll make one, but I would really like some new involvement, either a new race or a new player)

It would be interesting if that race was based upon dwarves.  :P

Anyway, I think that space should be saved for a new player, or for you if no one shows up.  Just don't give them everything if it is a race you create.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 04, 2012, 06:24:50 pm »

Aww, I lost a player :'(
The reason that I don't play this is that as noble as I like to think myself, I would probably be a bit byast towards myself, and I actually enjoy using my imagination to type these things, so I get something out of this too :) (Not to mention I already pretty much control all neutral races)
Anyway, post comming this afternoon, If no one has joine or suggested a new race then I must say the race doesn't appear until the post after next, so theres time, I would most certaintly like a new player, but I can improvise
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 04, 2012, 06:26:39 pm »

Aww, I lost a player :'(
The reason that I don't play this is that as noble as I like to think myself, I would probably be a bit byast towards myself, and I actually enjoy using my imagination to type these things, so I get something out of this too :) (Not to mention I already pretty much control all neutral races)
Anyway, post comming this afternoon, If no one has joine or suggested a new race then I must say the race doesn't appear until the post after next, so theres time, I would most certaintly like a new player, but I can improvise

You could send a Pm to some of the people who posted earlier on.  Maybe one of them would like to join?

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 07, 2012, 06:57:36 am »

Year 1120

The Alliance began to change into a fully political and even social alliance, as the governments of the Salmass and Kel’nar began to merge. The Salmass concept of kin now began to expand to the Kel’nar as well. And now the Alliance attempted to bring others into their fold, one of them the Karlask. The old Slask capitol ship was renamed the Kl'Kror, and work soon began on a multitude of fighters for the Karlask, who happily joined the alliance as a separate group. Then the Alliance began the construction of a series of defences to protect the Karlask hives from the Vorglockie, although they have yet to see action. They then began making stronger cannons to use against the Life ships, which in a test proved capable of blasting a seven kilometre wide hole in the side of a mountain, although it itself was about a hundred metres long, whilst at the same time the fleet continued to expand, it now contained the three capitol ships and over 800 fighters. All the while their technology continued to strive forward, lasers and plasma were now common sight for the Alliance.

On Vistig the alliance colony continued to expand, the Alliance, being a fully fledged united nation now, agreed to take measures to make sure that this beautiful planet would not turn out like Ataskira, which was now largely a hot barren wasteland. To this aim reaserch began on a shield that could absorb hits from the feared ground pounders, whilst clean energy sources were worked on and mass produced. In the meanwhile they began to build a large series of underground bunkers and tunnels that could survive an orbital bombardment, these were complete by 1117. All this time they continued to try and learn more about the Negur, however the Negur were an elusive race, and information was hard to gain from them. But from the small pieces they gleaned off them, they identified that the Negur were an old race, who once had a sister race on the land, and who had not been touched by the gods, but had suffered from some great apocalypse that had ravaged their species, and turned it from a largely land based world, to one covered in water, and according to these Negur, had destroyed the sister race, whose name is unknown.

The Karlask’s integration into the alliance was a welcome respite from constant war of survival and they happily shared their story with the Alliance. They were a young race who had only gained advanced technology in more recent times. They had flourished and expanded across the world, wielding technology of bronze and they had an advanced culture, then the stranger came, many were scared and chased him away, but one hive spoke to him, and they were changed forever, from that hive the first Vorglockie emerged, and they began a brutal war of expansion, they were exactly the same as the Karlask, however they had the capability of advances psionic abilities, and as they won strings of victories, many hives joined the Vorglockie, forsaking the belief of the Seven gods. By the time the Salmass arrived, the Karlask were a shadow of their old selves, sometimes the Salmas would mistake the Karlask for Vorglockie, and so the Karlask continued to decline. Then the Vorglockie expanded their technology even more rapidly, and the Karlask were forced into hiding, it was here that the first great queen emerged, Kl’Kror, and she led the Karlask to safety in the mountains that the Kel’Nar now dwell, her hive was the only one to survive when the Life ships first began their assault on the world as many hives were destroyed witlessly by the fleeing Salmass. She then led hive through new technological advances that allowed them to remain hidden from the Vorglockie. Every Karlask today can trace their line back to her.

When the Kel’nar first arrived the Karlask, fearful of further war, fled the mountains and began to expand along the coast of the main continent. And when the Matalosh crusade began the Karlask seized the opportunity to take many now abandoned Vorglockie hives, although they only held one. All the expansion they then made form that hive was lost when the Vorlon plague struck, and the few other hives were destroyed. This large Hive was in fact home to a few warring Karlask hives, as the Karlask did not have the unity of the Vorglockie. By the time the Alliance found them however, the Karlask had after numerous Vorglockie raids, formed an internal alliance centred in the main hive construct, now occupied by five colonies, for as much as they despised the Vorglockie, they had to admit that some of their ways were quite useful. And so this is the history of the Karlask, that they know of at least.

Hintred’s influence continued to expand, and by 1108 he had the entire Mega Hive alliance at his command, and he even began to extend his influence further as he recived what he interpreted as, “messages from Slask,” to continue his work on the upgrade. Hintred, now in complete command of an Alliance, divided his time between expanding his influence, working on the machine bodies, and leading the Armies of his alliance to war. Despite a multitude of defeats in his early battles which would have been disasters if not for pure strokes of luck, Hintred grew into an adept tactical commander, and then even better. By the year 1117, the remaining Mega Hives had formed a mutual non-aggression treaty to fight Hintred, and yet he still drove onwards as the dominant force in this war. His advances in the technology for the Upgrade as he called it, took great leaps as he designed what he considered to be a complete and working body in 1118, and as his subjects worked on copies, he himself worked on improving the body and working on the conversion process. His other Ornalords in the meanwhile worked on a shield generator, they were highly successful as in 1112 they had created a shield that could protect the entire Meta Hive Maneskal, and Hintred himself designed a shield for his new body that he would use. They also began work on nuclear energy, no-one knew how far into the project they were until in 1120 they destroyed an entire hive with a single bomb splitting a single atom, this was made all the more significant in that this hive was Hive Asklier.

The rest of the Vorglockie in the immediate aftermath pleaded to the Alliance for aid, putting forward many cases, saying that they would join the Alliance again, they put forward evidence of Hintred’s plans for an assault on the Alliance, plans of how Hintred wished to enslave all who did not follow. While the Credibility of this evidence is highly doubtable, it is known that Hintred has publicly paraded his own fighter designs and made technological leaps that even the Six cannot understand. Many of the Salmass also point out that if Hintred conquers all the Vorglockie, and without the threat of the Life ships, he may well seek to reopen the ancient enmities between the Vorglockie and the Karlask and Salmass.

The Mariners continued to expand their own culture and technology, they were now firmly the ones in charge as they continued to prepare the Life ships for war, they built up defences on their moon, and some on the planet as well. The work on a new Anti-matter began in earnest as the Mariners progress on the substance revealed dangerous quantities, the power of the Anti matter was so great, yet the Mariner government classified it and censored it from the public. But many of the government believed that they should use this new weapon against the Alliance, believing that if the Life ships had continued their attack, they would have won beforehand. Regardless of all this, one thing that every Mariner sees in the night sky, are twelve life forges each with three rings, and three more under ‘construction.’

All the while, a large object continued towards the system

Spoiler: Kel'nar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salmass (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vorglockie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Life ships (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Karlask (click to show/hide)

(Final call for a new player, remember you will have a huge bonus, and for those of you who haven't figured it out, they are on the Large object, I think I'm gonna pm those people who had first posted on this, and the Ataqalaas post will come later, this took me a long time to type)
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 06:59:10 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #251 on: September 07, 2012, 09:54:08 am »

In 19 years advance all tech, computers, physics, and other non-organic non psionic tech, for an assault on the 20 th year timing is everything, hit the colony not the home world, also limit the use of antimatter but still use it as a clean nuke.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 07, 2012, 11:47:54 am »

In 19 years advance all tech, computers, physics, and other non-organic non psionic tech, for an assault on the 20 th year timing is everything, hit the colony not the home world, also limit the use of antimatter but still use it as a clean nuke.

no...not the colony...
Why do you want to destroy everything?

Ataskira
>Construct an orbital defense station.  The first of many.
>Tell Hintred to stand down.  If he refuses, bombard Hintred's hive from space.
>Create a heavy watch upon the area the life-ships fled to.
>If a life-ship is returning send half the fleet to stop it.
>Construct more of the stronger cannons.

Vistig
>Construct super-cannons to protect the planet.  (You forgot to mention the cannons that were constructed over the past turn.)
>Construct the shield.
>Perform a deep-sea scan with the Ark's sensors.  See if we can find remnants.
>Create a map of the planet.
>Put a capitol ship in orbit.

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #253 on: September 07, 2012, 01:15:45 pm »

I have npc race idea when I get home.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 07, 2012, 04:14:07 pm »

> Send Hintred visions of all the inadequacies of his design, so that he may correct them. Not giving him the *answers*, just trials to prevent dead ends and direct his work towards a more long-term productive direction. After all, there's a reason why we're going thorough all this trouble creating races rather than just building robots from scratch.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29