Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46254 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #210 on: August 12, 2012, 08:59:12 am »

I find everything dwarf-level crazy and monstrously imbalanced.
Follow the kel'nar, and do not rest until life ships are annihilated.

I'm not at home, note. I only have my phone.

Going to space as well?  Then to the mostly-water planet it is!

bye-bye, won't be able to post until Thursday 6:00 P.M. EST if I am lucky, may have to wait until Friday, cause: I am part of marching band, and I just want to say one last thing, I know that if the Life Ships were brought to the point of annihilation they would be allowed to go extinct, ergo just let the ones in the home system die and the out of system ones too, because really the Atquaalus won't care.

You could have them idle till you get back.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 09:00:56 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #211 on: August 12, 2012, 09:04:37 am »

Hmmm... thats not the reason I just want to see the guidlines the Atquaalus use
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 14, 2012, 06:05:30 am »

Guidlines? Simple, lets see
Never Slaughter the innocent for no reason
Never destroy entire environments just to destroy one foe
If death must be resorted to, make it as swift as possible
Never emotionally destroy someone
Never use trickery to turn a people against itself

And any other completely evil acts
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 14, 2012, 09:57:46 am »

Pretty much all of those have been violated by this project.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 14, 2012, 09:59:23 am »

Pretty much all of those have been violated by this project.

Kel'nar being the exception.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 14, 2012, 10:10:27 am »

I can see that you're very humble Zanzetkuken, and while a certant degree of tolerence can be accepted, things like the Life ships activly seeking to destroy the environment will not stand, intentionaly breaching these boundries will be met with retaliation, and the Life ships are still quite powerful and strong, they recovered from the loss quite easily
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 14, 2012, 10:17:21 am »

I can see that you're very humble Zanzetkuken...

Was that sarcasm?

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #217 on: August 16, 2012, 06:36:40 pm »

F*** the life ships they can do whatever the hell they want, anyways new race.

The new race is a strange non-organic one, the Diamond Ones the fall to the planet build a civilization join together into a massive spaceship and go into space to repeat the cycle, no psionics until they are in space.

I don't want to use the lifeships anymore they are now a force of nature.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 17, 2012, 06:50:45 am »

SoHowAreYou I'm fine with you making a new race, but it must be Organic, oh and you could put it on any planet in the system, but it must be on a planet in the system, and more explanation that what you gave me

Year 1080

These years saw the alliance begin to crumble, and the Life ships retreat to their moon base. The Vorglockie fell into civil war once again and the Alliance's remaining members launched the Ark to a new planet. They attempted to study the Life ships however the Life ships had moved away and so they were unable to make any progress whatsoever.

The Life ships were clearly suffering phsychologicaly from the attack of the 'Saviors' as they were known, as in 1068 they retreted to their moon base on Phoras, next to the planet Marlista. What happened to them from there is unknown although occasional images show that the ife ships are gathering their strength and the odd scout is seen over the planet, now named Ataskira.

Tensions among the Vorglockie ran high as multiple disputes over territory caused much agrivation among the Hives, and by the year 1064 skirmishes were breaking out among the hives however war still hadn't been declared. Then in 1069, word spread about that the Life ships had retreted, and the Vorglockie saw little need for the Alliance. A mere month later the Mega Hive Bilkrish invaded the territory of the smaller Vorish meta hive, this resulted with Mega Hive Asklier, who alongside Bilkrish were the two hives who had survived the Vorlon Plauge and were two of the three most powerful hives, declaring war. Then Mega Hive Maneskal, who had risen to become the Third Mega hive through controll o the highly reasource rich forests of entila, entered the war and soon all support for the Alliance crumbled as the Mega hives scrambled for the fighters that the Vorglockie had designed for the Alliance that belonged to the Vorglockie. Each Mega hive was in charge of its own allianceof Meta hives as those who weren't in an alliance were quickly savagly conquered. By 1080 the situation had ecalated and the three Mega hives were attempting to pressure the Salmass and Kel'nar, although mostly the Salmass, into joining the War.

The Alliance began to recive both good and bad fortunes. Through out the start of these years the Alliance continued to work on the Ark while the Kel'nar and Salmass attempted to check the internal pressure from the Vorglockie, fearing that a war would draw them in too, however the continued threat fro the Life ships allowed the Kel'nar and Salmass to keep the fracturing Vorglockie from civil war, so when the detected that the Life ships had withdrawn they attempted to keep the knowledge from the Vorglockie. However the Vorglockie found out and almost immediately after they fell into civil war. The Alliance then had to try and balance itself between the Mega Hives and ended up giving each hive a third of the built spacecraft.

The Alliance stayed neutral in the war and continued to make gains, the attempted reaserch on the shielding of the Life Forge was unable to be made due to the retreat of the Life ships, while weapons designed specifically for the Life ships were untested and so how well they would work was unknown. However reaserch on the Human warp drive went on quite well as did reaserch on the map, it appeared that the mysterius 'Earth' was the home planet for the humans. The warp drive reverse engineering alowed for a weak and small, but still functional warp drive to be placed on the Ark and when it was eventually launched the test proved succesful. The Ark was completed in 1074, behind schedual due to the reasources of th Vorglockie being lost, but launch happened in 1076 with a crew of eight hundred Salmass, two hundred Rangers, forty Guardians, and over a thousand Monitors, was launched to the planet Vistig, which happened to be a planet with nearly 90% of it covered with water. With the Ark launched the Alliance began to increase the size of its fleet, and a larg debate emerged over whether or not to dismantle the Slask for materials, and for now at least they chose to keep it, by the year 1080 the Salmass had 100 fighters and a nearly complete Alerish, while the Kel'nar had 74 fighters and a complete Maierish. When the Ark landed in 1079, after spending some time finding out how suitible for life the planet was and making the nessisairy adjustments, landed and established the Colony of Vistig, and finding much life on the planet.

The Kel'nar underwent many projects as they attempted to get some of themselves to use their full brain capacity, thirty test subjects were used, but only 3 monitors, 2 hunters and 1 Guardian survived, these became known as the Six, and they soon became the leaders of the Kel'nar as under them they underwent a Golden age, the Maierish was upgraded with sophisticated shielding as the monitors were largley responsible for unraveling the Warp drive, while the Guradian and Hunters began to reorginise the militairy of the Kel'nar.

The Salmass followed the alliance to the true however by the year 1080 multiple cities of Salmass were beginning to consider joining the Civil war of the Vorglockie.

Spoiler: Kel'nar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salmass (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vorglockie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Life Ships (click to show/hide)
And Armok, for your Vorglockie, the ones before the Larvae change worshipped you, the ones after protected you with their lives, but tried to tell you what to do
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #219 on: August 17, 2012, 08:23:15 am »

Could they be partially organic?

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 17, 2012, 08:29:43 am »

They must be organic, not cyborgs or half organic half diamong, they can use the environment to help them, for example with your diamond ones they could be creatures that use their psionic powers and/or anyother natural ability to cover themselves with diamonds, but the creature's themselves must be fully Organic
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #221 on: August 17, 2012, 10:30:41 am »

Well I was thinking more along the lines of all muscle and nerve tissue be organic and anything else be made of carbon structures like fullrene for skin and heavy duty non fracturable diamond for armor and bone, and here is their life cycle:

Phase 1 planet fall hundreds of  shards fall from space

Phase 2 shards grow until they reach a point where they gain enough intellegence to begin civilization, this process is enhanced by imprinting of all of the technology the mmother ship knew of.

Phase 3 Civilization they grow they and advance new technology is researched, eventually groups will come together to form spires which will go into space

Phase 4 spires grow and travel and start the cycle over again this is the only stage with psionics

Planet to be chosen, the richest in carbon, of course that may well be the forest planet so, just in case leave a large brood on another planet in suspended animation just in case the first brood is wiped out. If the first brood reaches spire form, let them gather up the second brood.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 17, 2012, 11:25:44 am »

Everything is going better than expected. The "tires to tell us want to do" is probably a feature not a bug, given that they do have our best interests in mind and that in the kind of hectic situations where instincts are not easily override they are most likely to be dealing mostly with us in the context of clueless civilians, not political superiors. There is nothing improper in a presidents bodyguard shouting at him to duck.

It seems likely that, with the increasing reliance and power of machine interfaces, growing global communications networks, and probable unrest, new kinds of more classical hive-mind-like Anonymous-style powers are bound to arise. And given the psionic coherent array stuff I mentioned earlier, may have quite some more unique and direct power.

I also, using superior Ataqalaa phsycology and memetics knowledge to make it spread virally and have an almost frightening emotional impact, disseminate from a false source, labelled as fiction, entertainment media depicting the general planed scenario (vorlocke protecting elder godlike and perfect races in a very dogmatic good vs. Evil way), both to gauge reaction and to make the notion and the proper reaction to it be familiar once it actually happens. Naturaly, it's all very propagandistic and manipulative, relying on the fact it's presented as pure fiction.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 11:33:18 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 17, 2012, 11:31:28 am »

SoHowAreYou, sorry but no, I have 2 problems with your race, number one it doesn't fit in with what I said for Organic, and number two I don't really see how it could be useful for the Ataqalaas, remember the end game is to make a protector race, not a consuming one.
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #224 on: August 17, 2012, 11:40:23 am »

O.k.  I will try to make a new race at another time but for now I need a break from this game.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 29