Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46269 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2012, 03:43:35 pm »

Just one minor correction Deny.  The name is Rangers, not Hunters.

Otherwise, great read.  May I ask what is on the water planet?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 19, 2012, 09:20:19 am »

Bump
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 19, 2012, 01:38:12 pm »

If you won't tell me anything, then:

Ataskira
  • Build up fleet.
  • Monitor Vorglockie situation.
  • Improve Warp Drive
  • Perform a more complete study of the entire map.  Find more planets.
  • Create a communication device for near-instantaneous transfer of information between the two planets, and ship-to-ship communications.
  • Upgrade Ships for more speed and shielding.

Vistig
  • Reinforce colony.
  • Perform Geological study.
  • Learn more about the planet's lifeforms.
  • Make a small fighter base staffed with room for 20 Kel'nar fighters and 20 Salmass fighters.
  • Learn more about the weather patterns of the planet

That is all, for now.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:20:39 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 20, 2012, 04:45:14 am »

The forest planet does have a name, Ataskira, and I wont tell you anything about the water planet because its fun to throw mean and unecpected things at you :P
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 20, 2012, 04:07:11 pm »

The forest planet does have a name, Ataskira, and I wont tell you anything about the water planet because its fun to throw mean and unecpected things at you :P

All the more reason for a comprehensive study of the planet.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 20, 2012, 06:28:10 pm »

Now I just need SoHowAreYou and Kaian's turns, and from their last posts they seem occupied
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #231 on: August 20, 2012, 06:51:40 pm »

I told you I am taking a break, just do whatever you think would happen
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 21, 2012, 03:15:49 am »

Thats right, wellstill waiting for Kaian, or perhaps I should just post anyway, since he seems to make the Salmass do whatever the Kel'nar do
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 21, 2012, 06:13:54 pm »

Thats right, wellstill waiting for Kaian, or perhaps I should just post anyway, since he seems to make the Salmass do whatever the Kel'nar do

I think the primary reason he agreed was that it furthered the assault upon the life ships.  That said, I am fairly sure that he would agree to that plan.  Though, I do not know for sure...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #234 on: August 21, 2012, 07:32:43 pm »

Actually one thing, tech up
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 22, 2012, 03:40:37 am »

Hey guys! I'm just back from some place where there is no internet, so answers: Tech up, go to space, DO NOT join vorglockie civil war. It's their problem.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2012, 10:57:37 am »

Sorry for the wait, expect periods of long wait as I temporairily lose interest in this before I regain interest

Year 1100

These timexs were of revolution and discovery, as the Karlask of Ataskira were rediscovered and the Negur were found on Vistig. The Vorglockie civil war continued as the Mega hive Maneskal made new revolutions in militairy technology. While far away the Mariners made their own technological Advances and the Alliance telescops began to identify that the Life ships were beginning to mobilize, and that something else was coming from deep space.

The Vorglockie civil war intensified as the hives began to race eachother to get to space with all different kinds of aircraft. The assualts for Larvae became a common thing and even a small patch of land with evidence of there bein iron was desperately fought over. Then word spread to the hives that the ancient enemy of the Vorglockie, the Karlaask, had returned and as news spread of the Alliances freindly relations with them, the Vorglockie began to drift apart from their old allies, this was wedged even further when one of the Six realesed a document of all the natural spiecies familes which put the Vorglockie, Karlask and Mariners in the same family. But it was mega hive Maneskal that made real gains, an Ornalord by the name of Hintred began to spread word of the old ways, of the princes and how someone shpould take that role, namely himself, and he also spoke of an upgrade, to turn the Vorglockie from their weak bodies and convert themselves into timeless machines, some dismissed his talk as simple gibberish, but many gathered and listened to his words, how far Hintred will go with this only the Gods know.

The Alliance made discoveries of new and old species, they found the Karlask, a race that the Vorglockie had evolved from, they had taken refuge in and old Vorglockie hive during the plauge and had spread once it dissapeared. These Karlask were very open and freindly to the Alliance, and soon trade was opened up to them, then the settlers on Vistig met an intelligent species whilst studing the local wildlife, fourtunately the Negur were aquatic so no clashes over territory were made, meanwhile an airfield was made on Vistig as the colonists transported fighters to the planet whilst the main fleet continued to expand. Advances were made in the study of shielding ad the warp drive however even the six could not decipher any more information from the map. The communications were a complex thing as an easy solution would be psionics however the signal would be weak by the time it reached its destination, so weak that the Salmass psi disruption capabilities would likely have ruined the signal, so the Alliance focused on another type of communication but kept that option open.

The Mariners continued to tech up and began to take controll of the Life ships, and it wasnt long before talk of a renewal of the war began as the Mariners began to mobilize their forces once again.

Spoiler: Kel'nar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Salmass (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vorglockie (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Life ships (click to show/hide)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2012, 05:13:23 pm »

Sorry for the wait, expect periods of long wait as I temporarily lose interest in this before I regain interest

Same thing I was doing with my mod.  People are patient.

Ataskira
>Create defenses to protect the Karlask from the Vorglokie, as well as creating more defenses against the life-ships.
>Learn more about the history of the Karlask.
>Retrofit the Slask and its fighters for the Karlask, and rename to their patron 'god.'
>Construct stronger cannons for usage against the Life-ships.
>Continue construction of the fleet.
>Advance Technology

Vistig
>Construct cannons to defend colony from life-ships.
>Construct deep-underground bunker to survive bombardment.
>Learn more about the Negur and their history.
>Make an agreement to do minimal damage to the natural ecosystem on Vistig with the Salmass, to prevent this planet from looking like Ataskira.
>Construct weather-monitoring stations near the colony.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2012, 05:16:39 pm »

Encourage Hintred.

Protect him and grant him indisputable proof of divine providence.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2012, 05:21:17 pm »

Encourage Hintred.

Protect him and grant him indisputable proof of divine providence.

I will warn you now, if conversion to machine becomes obligatory to all races, giving them no choice, the Kel'nar will attack.  If you make it obligatory within you own race, against their will, the Kel'nar will attack.  If you leave it to just those that want it, the Kel'nar will have no problem with that.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29