Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: You are an ancient alien  (Read 46261 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: You are an ancient alien
« Reply #165 on: July 31, 2012, 10:13:50 am »

Oh, Deny, in the peace talks, the kel'nar will mention that they would share some of their technology and disease-fighting agents if there is peace between the two opposing races.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #166 on: July 31, 2012, 11:55:15 am »

Frankly I am suprised that no one brought up how viruses are species specific. In the future expect more challenges from the fleet once I remind Deny that I don't like retroviruses a.k.a. the mutatable ones.
Starting marching band will not be able to post everyday.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 31, 2012, 12:31:59 pm »

Frankly I am suprised that no one brought up how viruses are species specific. In the future expect more challenges from the fleet once I remind Deny that I don't like retroviruses a.k.a. the mutatable ones.

Note the word viruses.  The author might have misunderstood.

And who is to say that due to your viruses had infected an already infected cell causing the retrovirus inside to mix genetic coding with yours, causing unpredicted mutation.  I am fairly sure that that scenario is unlikely in the extreme, though.
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 31, 2012, 02:47:16 pm »

I just assumed it was some kind of special biotech techique alowing them to do things natural viruses can't.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #169 on: July 31, 2012, 04:36:46 pm »

*Facepalms

Guys I meant pretty much every virus on earth is very species specific. A virus however only needs a slight mutation to change species however our species probably have radically different genomes that should go a long way to protect them from slight mutations, of course there is a another explanation which involves symbiotic bacteria but I doubt even that would work to explain this.

Also two things:
ah? well... quarantine, develop medical technologie, then study the disease to understand how it work (as in: what does it f**k up in our bodies) to make counters. Also try to anti-psy it to death since it originate from Life ships.

Stop crusades until plague is eradicated and population is rejuvenated.

Yes because a plague meant to target you was developed with psionics despite the life ships knowing that you can stop that*sarcasm.

I just assumed it was some kind of special biotech techique alowing them to do things natural viruses can't.

Any sufficently refined virus should be just this effective, I mean look at the Black Plague or Spanish flu, they were random chance not biological warfare weapons.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 31, 2012, 06:47:57 pm »

Note that the key word is plauge, that does not specify a virus, it can be any type of infection, if you want a virus then specify
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #171 on: July 31, 2012, 06:59:35 pm »

Anything will do for this and future diseases, just make sure that they have a hard time coming around and biting me in the ass like comments made about a certain relay team.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 01, 2012, 03:45:57 am »

ah? well... quarantine, develop medical technologie, then study the disease to understand how it work (as in: what does it f**k up in our bodies) to make counters. Also try to anti-psy it to death since it originate from Life ships.

Yes because a plague meant to target you was developed with psionics despite the life ships knowing that you can stop that*sarcasm.

Salmass are not supposed to know that, do they? worth trying anyway.

Also, virus can mutate from species to species super-easy. look at bird-flu. this bastard went bird, then pig, and then human, in, like, a year or less.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

SoHowAreYou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Game
« Reply #173 on: August 01, 2012, 06:33:33 am »

Yeah but thats because we are actually somewhat genetically similar to those animals, these creatures are fully artificial and different.

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2012, 08:33:08 am »

Year 1020

This was a time of peace and plauge, the three races joined together to combat the plauge as the Life ships developed ways to enhance the plauge and started work on a new one, the years went by for some time till eventually an effective cure was developed, onlyit didn't actually cure the plauge.

The Kel'nar emissairies were met with open arms as the survivors were the ones who had been working with them, the Kel'nar offered secrets on medicines and other non-leathal technology were shared with both races, key of which were computor systems and environmentally friendly power sources such as solar panals and nuclear power. The Kel'nar sent robots to try and cure the plauges but they were unable to find a cure, meanwhile one city was infested and soon the entire populace was cleansed, the Kel'nar were beginning to lose hope for any way to stop the Plauge when finaly a cure ws developed in 1019, but it wasn't really a cure, more like a repellant. The repellant was developed for Kel'nar in 1019, Salmass and Vorglockie in 1020. If the repellant was taken one hour before exposure to the plauge then the user was immune for 12 hours. This allowed the humanitarian Kel'nar groups to send actual Kel'nar rather than robots, and begin to work on the plauge more openly.

The Salmass cities were very welcome to aid against the plauge, especially as their isolation ment that food supplies began to run low, so the Kel'nar aid was most welcome. However this wasn't enough either, and soon when they developed a way to detect the plauge no-matter what it was on, they began to send out parties who gave their lives to collect clean food and water, in this way the Salmass population diminished, but survived. Meanwhile computor systems, Solar power and laser working allowed for great advances in their cities, making them far more prosperous, an when the repellant arrived, it seemed things could only go up for the Salmass.

The Vorglockie introduced a new room-floor system in their hives, which allowed them to seal off the infected parts of the hives, this along with the aid from the Kel'nar, gave the Vorglockie a great bonus against the plauge, and vast sections of the hives were quarantined to stop any plauge outbreaks. While this cut off sections that were sometimes important, such as the main power supply of one hive, it ment that the Vorglockie were able to quickly work against plauge outbreaks. The Vorglockie were also able to start to breed 'spare parts' drones whose sole porpose was to be replaciple parts, this allowed for the surival of many key mambers of the hives. Their technology with things such as computors and lasers, provided by the Kel'nar, allowed for increadable advances in the strength of the hives. And when at last the repellant arrived, the Vorglockie could reopen their lost quarantined room-floor's after all the infected perished.

The Life ships had very little involvment in these years, they introduced a nano-bio thta helped the spread of the plauge, however the Kel'nar technology negated it and so all it did was wipe out nearly all other life on the planet. Meanwhile the Life ships began the developement of a new plauge, one that would not attack Life ships yet would be far more deadly than the previus plauge. They began the enslavement of the races on the planet and at the same time they began to replenish their numbers, by the end of these year they had at least a sizable force once again.

The races cooporation was, interesting, how they would handle the new plauge being developed by the Life ships would be interesting, speaking of which the corpses of the Life ships were now gone, the high council meanwhile had given her orders to intervene if the races lives were at stake,as there must be some life left at the end, if the life ships continued this indiscriminant  then she was orderd to make action.

(Again, do you want a map, please tell me so i can get this off my head, either yes or no will do)
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2012, 09:28:36 am »

Sure, I want to know what the world looks like!

Great update.  I believe that it is time for revenge upon the "life"-ships.

The plan for all races on the planet (depending upon approval of other players)
>Construct a sealed underground facility staffed by all races.  The following shall be built there:
>>High powered laser weaponry.  Matalosh-class
>>Fighters armed with those, and a couple missiles.  Vorlask-Class
>>Capital Ship with heavy armor and basic shielding.  Guardian-Class
>>Construct three Guardian-Class capitol ships equipped with 100 Matalosh-Class lasers, one for each race and named after the being who created that race.
>>Construct 72 Vorlask-Class Fighters equipped with 2 Matalosh-Class lasers, 24 fighters for each capitol ship.
>>Each pilot will carry repellant reserves in his/her space suit along with breathable air.

Kel'nar only
>Create a mechanical uplink for knowledge to be sent to the other races.  Must be removeable, and be restricted to only what the Kel'nar wish to send.
>Continue working on a cure.

Sound good?  I am open to changes for the class names.

Went back and found the names so you don't have to:
Alerish-Salmass
Slask-Vorglockie
You do need to create one for the Kel'nar, though
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 07:19:19 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2012, 09:57:02 am »

yes! REVENGE!
Cooperate with Kel'nar on getting space-era technology, build big fighters-bombers and some carriers. Each Salmass pilot will carry repellant reserves in his/her space suit. We must prevent any life ship to get near the planet, and continue working on a cure.

Meanwhile, salmass scientist will get on GM-ing salmass themselves to resist the plague. And livestock+vegetals.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2012, 10:29:19 am »

Each Salmass pilot will carry repellant reserves in his/her space suit. We must prevent any life ship to get near the planet, and continue working on a cure.
Added those to the list, because I considered those good ideas.

...build big fighters-bombers and some carriers.

The plan I gave was what I thought EVERY race (except for the life-ships) would work on.  They would all work as one to create 1 Capitol ship for every race and 24 fighters for every race.  The figures I placed are realistic considering the technology levels of the current races.  I figured that since we are just now beginning to create space-worthy ships, we would not be able to build much.  My original figure was less than what I put up there.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:40:16 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2012, 01:25:00 pm »

I have done a Vorlask-class fighter in blockade runner (lite):

Front:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Side:

Rear:

Firing:
Full Sig

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2012, 03:34:03 pm »

I have done a Vorlask-class fighter in blockade runner (lite):

Front:

Side:

Rear:

Firing:

I approve of that design.  It could easily be modified to suit different species.  I'll post my design for the capitol ship soon.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29