Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Build A village: When the Mountain Falls (formerly Adventure!)  (Read 16849 times)

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Really a build a village sequal)
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 05:28:21 am »

Hmm nevyn, people resurrecting popular forum games...
Cough Cough
Anyway, if we plant em now then it will pay off.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 05:30:32 am »

This would allow us to irrigate some fields (4 people) to plant more of the orange fruits.
But the Fruit come from trees. How would planting them even give us a prospective future of food from them???
Fruit contains seeds --> A few Years ---> trees---> A few months ---> more fruit.
Added something you were missing... Fruit are long term food after long term things...
Magically fast growing trees??

Normally crops also takes a few month's to grow, but I doubt that would happen. It would clash with the games timeframe, so really, I'm pretty sure the trees would need a few weeks at most to grow.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 05:30:50 am »

This would allow us to irrigate some fields (4 people) to plant more of the orange fruits.
But the Fruit come from trees. How would planting them even give us a prospective future of food from them???
Fruit contains seeds --> A few Years ---> trees---> A few months ---> more fruit.
Added something you were missing... Fruit are long term food after long term things...

We're in a world where magic is possible. You never know...
Oh, and Nevyn? What kingfisher said :D

EDIT: DAMN YOU EBBOR YOU NINJA!
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 05:41:10 am »

Hmm nevyn, people resurrecting popular forum games...
Cough Cough
Oh, and Nevyn? What kingfisher said :D

Geh.... I am still working on it, making something complex turn simple isn't as easy as I hoped. I keep coming up with new ideas and as I start writing up the new method I go... "wait a minute... Thats just worse...."

I AM still working on it, I really am, there is a folder on my desktop and...... Ohh, whats this??? Mount and Blade Prophesy of Pendor updated..... OH Wazhack has come out of beta.... Oh Whats this mod for Skyrim, better add it to the list.......... Heh...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure!... or is it?!
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 06:21:36 am »

Turn 3:

Village: Warning: This is a really big image. Unless you have a large screen you will have to scroll to see it all (I suggest right clicking the image and go 'view image').
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The campfire is complete and burning. The villagers give up thier hopless efforts of catching the chicks and set up a cunning trap using the duffle bag and some fruit. While one of them watches the trap the other goes to investigate what everyone else is up to.

The settlers who were lounging in the pond decide to design some things. Although being only peasants with some sticks they only manage to create a crumy picture of a house. Another pair of villagers gathers up some stones to make a dam. Although the water source seems to be infinite so daming it might not be worth the effort or wise.

Another villager investigates the long grass to evaluate it's dancing decoration potential. The grass is long enough to be woven and it has many seeds along it's stalks.

Down Below:
Our brave heros have ventured down the stairs and come to an intersection.

Projects:
Campfire - DONE

Population:

Village Inventory:

Ryan:

Talara:

Spoiler: Author Notes (click to show/hide)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 06:25:28 am »

For the peasants:

Don't dam the water.  Try to collect the long grass.  Craft some basic spears out of the sticks. 

For our heroes:

Go left, with Ryan in the lead. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 06:32:04 am »

Good. Name the lumberjack Hans.
And get those guys dreaming up more.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 06:47:30 am »

Well, now we know that we won't die of thirst.
Can you use the water to fertilize the land? (I have no idea if that works in real life.)
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 06:50:13 am »

ok, it seems that 1 person with no tools is going take like, well, until our water source runs out, to cut the tree so someone or even the grey who is chopping wood, should go and work out why its taking so long, and how it can go faster -- perhaps a splitting rune could be devised?

Talara should use her mage sight/intuition/wisdom to decide which way to go, and be decisive in her decision. (and tell ryan that he should go ahead of her that way also).
« Last Edit: June 25, 2012, 06:52:31 am by andy_t_roo »
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 07:03:36 am »

Also, is that writing on the wall?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2012, 07:09:47 am »

Well, now we know that we won't die of thirst.
Can you use the water to fertilize the land? (I have no idea if that works in real life.)
We don't need to. This seems pristine land, so no soil degradation should already have taken place. In fact, excesive watering might cause degradation.

Anyway, some peasant should collect some long grass and attempt to plant it. I'm pretty sure we got ourselves a variant of fantasy-grain equivalent, which will mysteriously domesticate itself when planted.

We should send someone to investigate the shrubs, also, someone should set up a leaky dam at the river. (In such a way that it doesn't hamper the water's flow, but stops everything else, like fish.)

We can use the fire to harden the sticks we already have into spears.

Also, our villagers should gather the fruits near the staircase.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2012, 07:12:01 am »

Have two of the peasants dig irrigation ditches starting from the small stream of water. Passive irrigation is a nice easy way to start agriculture.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2012, 07:23:29 am »

Pool party! Everyone in the pond! Those coloured people will probably be nagging us when they get back, us peasants need to have fun while we can...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

andy_t_roo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2012, 07:27:38 am »

we need a scientific trial - plant 2 seeds, water 1, let the other grow naturally, since the plants are growing normally without irriguation already.

Also, have a look at the pond, to see if it contains any fish/turtles, cute little guppies, or anything else of vague interest.

We could always build a watermill in the falling water to power fans so we can live in luxury.
Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Hell if I know.  Pretty humourous suggestion, but utterly useless in the case of roleplaying, if indeed the whole game world was one whole huge ass field of fruit.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2012, 11:06:01 am »

We should get the seeds out of the fruits and plant them.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5