Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Build A village: When the Mountain Falls (formerly Adventure!)  (Read 16840 times)

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure! (Really a build a village sequal)
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2012, 09:53:15 am »

Also, whether glyphs actually exist, or they're just the creation of lousy authors is anyone's guess.
I completely deserve that. When you put runic fire in the example for proffesions you should probabley decide on what runic magic actually is.

Part of the problem is that I am afraid of posting walls of text, I just think no one will read them so I don't say a lot of things. But here I go now:

The way Talara uses Runic magic as of now is that her staff has 3 slots. Each of these has a rune-stone in it and each of these runstones mean different things. Right now she only has the three which give her one of each catagory. Nothing about the staff is magical, only the runestones are magical and the staff only acts as a device to allow you to channel mana to the stones evenly and not create some sort of crazy unbalanced spell that could kill you. Right now I am not sure if it is just the stones that are magic(and the runes on them are only mere labels) or if both the stones and the runes are magical. If the runes are magical then it would open up that whole placing traps with magical graffiti thing but even then I'm not quite sure how that would work, would it be just like writing but using these runes, so you'd have to learn the runes for things like 'the', 'then', 'I', ect or would it be more of a streamlined thing where it just uses the intention of the writer. It really depends on how magic is going to work in the adventure, I sort of want to have lots of magic this time around since there are already skyships, why not go all the way and let you send a special child off to mage school or something like that. I'm really just afraid that it really wouldn't be like the original build a village which is obviously what this adventure is meant to be channeling. But then again build a village did have supernatural monsters and a wizard who lived in the woods, I'm really not sure right now. But I promise I will make up my mind by the next update.

So in short:

Runic magic works with stones in the staff and maybe some writing stuff(depends on other things).

Common magic would be cool since stuff like the blacksmith knowing a bit of fire magic to help the process is appealing but

It might spoil the mood of build a village(although there area already skyships).

I'll make up my mind soon.

On a less ranting note:
I don't know what to do with the items. Someone wants to take them both back, someone wants to take one back and someone wants to keep them both and abuse the crystals power as a source of light.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2012, 09:57:46 am »

How did I not realize this before, me being  grammar/spelling nazi...

IT'S SEQUEL, not SEQUAL.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2012, 10:02:47 am »

How did I not realize this before, me being  grammar/spelling nazi...

IT'S SEQUEL, not SEQUAL.

I thought that looked a bit off. Title is changed now though.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build A village: When the Mountain Falls (formerly Adventure!)
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2012, 01:43:50 pm »

Do useful things w/ the tree like starting work on a hut, then hypnotize the jubjub.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2012, 09:28:04 pm »

Establish an embassy on jubjub island and attempt to negotiate peace.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Duncan_McShal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2012, 12:18:56 am »

I believe we should return the magically chalk back to the surface and give it to our 'House Engineers' so they might be able to design the base of their houses on the grounds; plus it might be interesting to use that magic detecting stone to see if there's anything of the magical sort above ground we haven't noticed before.

fergus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2012, 05:38:16 am »

I believe we should return the magically chalk back to the surface and give it to our 'House Engineers' so they might be able to design the base of their houses on the grounds; plus it might be interesting to use that magic detecting stone to see if there's anything of the magical sort above ground we haven't noticed before.
+1
BY THE GODS! THIS QUOTE MADE MY SIG BOX HAVE A SCROLL BAR! HAPPY DAYS INDEED!
BY THE GODS! YOU HAVE TOO MANY SIGS!

Heavy Weapons Pony

• Bay Watcher
  • Luna is best Admiral.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2012, 06:40:23 am »

Anyone stopped and thought that is might just be detecting the Runestones in Talara's Staff?

Continue with all the other things people have said!
Ahhh, yes... Killing the ecosystem of a other planet and burn the product as fuel... Simply brilliant 

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #68 on: June 27, 2012, 06:42:01 am »

Anyone stopped and thought that is might just be detecting the Runestones in Talara's Staff?

Continue with all the other things people have said!
It could also be detecting the chalk.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2012, 12:34:02 am »

Super bad news. My hard drive died. I've lost all the adventure files so I can't update anything right now. I don't know how bad it is so there is a possibility that I can still get my data back.

T.T

NOOOOOOOOO
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Evil Lincoln

• Bay Watcher
  • Is non-inflammable
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2012, 10:02:15 am »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100204.msg3419196#msg3419196
Most of that holds true for this adventure as well.

Although truth be told I could start a new build a village fairly easily I'm just not feeling it right now.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2012, 07:43:02 pm »

Damn you to hell computer C: drive! RAAAGGHRHG
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

DAPARROT

• Bay Watcher
  • More parrots
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2015, 02:58:52 pm »

Hey sorry for the necro guys,but I was wondering if anyone would be interested if I started something like this

I would also like it if someone told me what evilLincoln was using to get those images,and I would feel less guilty if he gave me permission to use his ideas
I should probably introduce the actual plot soon
7/11 guy, bringer of the apocabeepse. Uplifter of threads. Herald of the hive.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]