Basic, Tribal Technology
- 2 (25%)
Modern, Zombie Apocalypse
- 5 (62.5%)
Advanced, Abandoned Alien City
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Roll to Game Show - Turn 25: This is....Axel?  (Read 37503 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Roll to Game Show - Turn 25: This is....Axel?
« on: June 24, 2012, 01:51:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Welcome to channel 4497, otherwise known as The Hunger Games! I am your host, Hal. Today we bring you a violent, dramatic race called humans, from the planet Earth! Intrigue and violence is sure to run thick in this episode with these mammalian bipeds, so make sure to stay tuned!

The Camera zooms out from the stage, away from the surprisingly human-like host, and darkens. The screens lights up again over a lush countryside of varying biomes.

The battlefield today is custom tailored, to be just like the natural habitat of the humans! Comfortable temperatures, rolling hills, forests, it's got it all! The humans are so stupid, they probably won't even know they left home!

The crowd laughs

Let's introduce our competitors, shall we?

Spoiler: Additional Info (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:16:59 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
Re: The Hunger Games: The Orb Interpretation
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 02:00:53 am »

Name: Anderson
Bio: Anderson was a soldier in the US Army. During training, he and his best buds, Jack Sillbyn and Zak Barn we out in the wild for survival training, before he adventured alone in the woods. He was following human foot tracks in the undergrowth, a bright light flashed with the sound of gunfire. He then found himself in rolling hills, not knowing where he was.
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 03:03:36 am »

(I've never seen or read the Hunger Games either.  Let's be united in our ignorance and create something hilariously wrong!
Also you seem to have stolen my idea of writing a game from the perspective of the camera from my brain.)

Name: Pauly Traeker
Bio: A quiet, conservative young man, ostracized by his peers for his unusual interests, such as crossword puzzles and classical music, and classical music-themed crossword puzzles.  Pauly has a massive sweet-tooth and will kill for an oatmeal cookie.  He also competed in an orienteering competition once and placed third.  He was attending a writing club meeting with his equally socially awkward friends when he heard a high-pitched "woooo-boing!" noise and passed out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 03:26:56 am »

(I've never seen or read the Hunger Games either.  Let's be united in our ignorance and create something hilariously wrong!
Also you seem to have stolen my idea of writing a game from the perspective of the camera from my brain.)
(High-five!)

Name: Ferren Summer
Bio: Ferren is a young woman, an avid outdoorsman and one interested in the more unconventional methods of approaching things. She works mostly as an analyst and a mechanic, until she heard something like a loose gas compression valve sound off nearby.

Checking it proved wrong, as moments later, her consciousness ran away in fear.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 04:48:41 am »

(Me too!)

Name: Axel Greyson
Bio: Axel is a young man, just turned 25, and works as a part time lab assistant and part time boxer. He is a headstrong and passionate man who has a strong positive outlook on life and believes that there is always a way to suceed in any situation. He was cleaning out lab supplies when he heard the chime of a small bell and everything went black.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 04:55:17 am »

((Technically, you could just scratch the name. This game has nothing to do with it, and in fact it only serves to draw attention. In fact what you're doing is just creating an ordinary, if semi-realistic deadmatch game))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 08:53:41 am »

((Technically, you could just scratch the name. This game has nothing to do with it, and in fact it only serves to draw attention. In fact what you're doing is just creating an ordinary, if semi-realistic deadmatch game))

((Pft. It's like someone calling a game a Pokemon RTD because you run around and poke Jamaicans. In fact, I'm guessing the title is going to repel a lot of people like yourself who haven't read or seen the Hunger Games.))
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 10:04:07 am »

Woops. I thought it had at least something in common. Sorry about that. I really did think it had to do with surviving in the wilderness, and potentially starving. The Aliens? Eh, I thought that would be a fun twist.

I'll change the title to "The Not Hunger Games: The Orb Interpretation" and edit a few bits of the OP.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 10:15:28 am »

Woops. I thought it had at least something in common. Sorry about that. I really did think it had to do with surviving in the wilderness, and potentially starving. The Aliens? Eh, I thought that would be a fun twist.

I'll change the title to "The Not Hunger Games: The Orb Interpretation" and edit a few bits of the OP.

Well, to be fair, a good portion of the actual Hunger Games were about searching for food in the wilderness and not getting killed/immolated/eaten.

The simplest way to put the series is: Battle Royale mixed with the Highlander in the wilderness with ancient-era weaponry.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 10:17:33 am »

You could just call it Roll to Game Show. Sounds the most accurate.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
Re: The Not Hunger Games: The Orb Interpretation
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2012, 12:10:00 pm »

Name: John Baxter
Bio: John wouldn't be regarded as a remarkable man, in his mid 20's he had a failing physiche, and was studying to be an astrophyscist.
With aspergers, he has always felt diffrent and by extension paranoid aroud others.
He was getting some books for studying when the "abduction" occured.

YES! got my application in.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: The Not Hunger Games: The Orb Interpretation
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2012, 04:18:00 pm »

Alright, sign-ups are duly noted. I don't believe we are going to get anymore, so I'll start right away. Remember when posting turns to keep in mind that they are 15 minutes. I may write-up a map, but I don't think it's needed.

Spoiler: Profiles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:28:02 pm by Orb »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile

Pauly groans, and holds his head.   Once the mysterious blue voice is done speaking, he turns to the others.
"God, my head hurts worse than that time with the copper piccolo and three metric tons of lobsters... never mind that."
He considers his next words for a second.
"Hi, guys.  I'm Pauly Traeker, human extraordinaire.  What are the odds you guys don't feel like fighting, and instead want to all survive together in peaceful harmony until four of us drop dead?"

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile

"I don't see a problem with that. Anderson, US Army," the private says before moving to shake hands with Pauly.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 10:21:20 pm by ansontan2000 »
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile

"My name is Axel. So, how are we going to get out of here?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13