Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why are my legendary miners producing alot less ore than they used to?  (Read 5849 times)

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just cut a huge chunk out of a tunnel and there was barely a 1/4th of it that remained as boulders did Toady nerf mining?

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile

Yes and no.  You only get boulders/ore 25% of the time now, but each boulder gets turned into four blocks and each ore gets turned into four bars, more or less balancing things back out. 
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

I just cut a huge chunk out of a tunnel and there was barely a 1/4th of it that remained as boulders did Toady nerf mining?
Mining was too OP, maps were always imba Dwarves. Now we just need to get Toady to nerf Kobolds.

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes and no.  You only get boulders/ore 25% of the time now, but each boulder gets turned into four blocks and each ore gets turned into four bars, more or less balancing things back out.
Oh i usually never make blocks

Laurin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You should. If you want to construct lots of things. Hauling stones is very slow now, so you want your mason to hurry on with only carrying a block.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile

Oh i usually never make blocks
You might as well, you get more use out of your stone and it makes dwarves get happy thoughts from the more valuable buildings or it just increases the architectural worth of the fort.  Plus they are lighter so it will speed up any construction projects now that hauling has been tweaked.
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Kromgar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It always bothered me that you cant carve placed blocks that's one of the reasons I never made them....

On a totally other topic... I need to learn how to make burrows... they're all dead why.... WHY!!!!!

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile

It always bothered me that you cant carve placed blocks that's one of the reasons I never made them....

On a totally other topic... I need to learn how to make burrows... they're all dead why.... WHY!!!!!
Well I would rather have smooth placed things than rough placed things...

That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Being able to engrave blocks would probably make me have a heart attack from excitement.

...damn, I need to play some other games.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

You get less flux and fuel though.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile

Since 31.xx I have had one map with fuel on it so I am used to utilizing charcoal extensively.  My forts tend to die to ADD before I get a steel industry roaring sadly.
[DWARFINEERING]

EvilBob22

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unless you make a bunch of stone crafts -- or doors, or coffers, or cabinets, or tables, or thrones, or....
I will run the experiment to completion anyway, however. Even if the only reason why there is a punctured equilibrium in the fortress is because I have been brutally butchering babies
EDIT: I just remembered that dwarves can't equip halberds. That might explain why the squads that use them always die.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mining was too OP, maps were always imba Dwarves. Now we just need to get Toady to nerf Kobolds.

Make my freaking morning. <3

Coal gets turned into 9 coke now.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile

It should be 12, since you need 4x as much from smelting to match the 1/4 you get from mining. Regular smelters are more efficient now because you need to put less of your produced fuel into making more, but with magma smelters you're definitely getting less fuel from a vein.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile

Coal gets turned into 9 coke now.

Wut.  This would be amazing IF I COULD EVER FIND FUEL.  >:(
[DWARFINEERING]
Pages: [1] 2 3