Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Exiling dwarves into the caverns  (Read 7133 times)

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Exiling dwarves into the caverns
« on: June 20, 2012, 09:09:38 am »

Has anyone done this? I've been thinking when I get my next vampire I may toss him into one of the caverns that I may not really be using. If there are enough forgotten beasts and nasties down there it surely would be an eventual death sentence but at least the guy could possibly do some work down there and role playing wise, he could of course escape potentially, not that he would game mechanic wise.
Edit: By exiling I'm thinking just to simply lock them down there.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:11:43 am by Viking »

Bartok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Exiling dwarves into the caverns
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 09:32:21 am »

I just killed a vampire by walling her in with a pick, then having her dig into a cavern with a forgotten beast in it.

She fought well, and it was pretty easy for the military to finish off the beast when she was dead.

Dragor23

• Bay Watcher
  • A brazillion of football
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 10:04:01 am »

Just wall the vampire in and fill the room with magma. This is the dorfy way of exile.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:14:13 am »

Give him/her a pick, train her a bit in the military and in mining, and have him/her then dig into the cavern.
Picks are badass weapons.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 12:30:47 pm »

There are still places deeper in the Earth where Dwarves can be exiled to.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 09:53:44 pm »

Arming the vamp is a cool idea! I could always retrieve the weapons/picks/armour later.
I have yet to go to the circus myself but someday. I have yet to make a fort with a defense that I think could handle all the clowns.

SRD

• Bay Watcher
  • Who the hell do you think I think you are?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 10:12:00 pm »

Get it to kill the magma crabs.
Quote from: LoneTophat
EDIT: HOW DO I STOP THE BLEEDING!
SUPEREDIT: Nevermind. Bled to death ._.

Felix False

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 11:51:07 pm »

I have a vampire in my fort somewhere. Once I locate it I'm going to train it in the military and send it to one of the caverns I discovered to see if I can train it to legendary status in all combat skills. This can't possibly go wrong.

kujpat

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarf in a +Red Dress+
    • View Profile
    • Some Guy Called Cody
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 12:31:44 am »

Not so much exiling, but something like this is close to the project I'm working on at the moment.

Once a Dwarven child turns 12 (and becomes a peasant) I'll check him for good physical attributes. If he passes the grade then he is given a copper spear and shield and forced to live in the caverns for a month. He is then given some time for any treatment of wounds and recovery.

Then I give him some more armour as a badge of honour and he spends a month in cavern 2.

If he still lives he gets some rest and gets upgraded to iron armour and weapons, and sent into cavern 3 for a month.

Rinse and repeat for 10 successful dwarves. Once they've proven themselves as heroes I'll turn them into vampires, seal them away deep in the earth with candy armour and weapons, and have them train constantly so they become legendary warriors. Only to be released in my forts direst emergency.

NOTE: I haven't actually started this yet, just started a new fort and getting everything up and running. But this is the plan.
You can now continue to scour the landscape, defile the depths of the earth, and ruthlessly murder the creatures of the world knowing you've done your part for the environment.

Dragonchampion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 05:30:10 am »

Vampires never level skills. Train them before converting them.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 05:33:47 am »

PTW.  Also, dwarven eugenics is awesome, I've always wanted to make a Sparta fort. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 07:04:21 am »

Vampires never level skills. Train them before converting them.
They don't level STATS.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Sprin

• Bay Watcher
  • I am Sprin Dragon, Master of Madness!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 03:33:38 pm »

ive done exiling above ground.
most of my dwarves suffer from caveaddaptation so its very tourcheres to make them blow chunks tell dying of starvation.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
HOW DID YOU KNOW I WAS LOOKING UP RULE 34 OF D*CKS?
Sprin is certifiably insane, but there is no denying his brilliance.

Snowdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 05:22:28 pm »

I like to build a small hunting community on the surface made of exiled dwarves you have to hunt animals to survive.  They are given the worst of the equipment needed to survive and most are mauled by bears or wolves.
When a siege arrives they are the first to die.

Viking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 07:55:12 pm »

Kujat: That's crazy! But in a good way and it sounds interesting! If only you could put all your children through physical stress at puberty to cull off the weak and feeble. There probably is a way, maybe having them fight badgers in pits or something.

Sprin: That's really funny and clever.

Snowdog: That's actually brilliant. Its funny how the surface can be just as dangerous as the deepest depths in DF.
Pages: [1] 2