Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How frequently do you change usernames?

I have one username which I have always used.
- 76 (40.6%)
I have a set of usernames which I have always used.
- 52 (27.8%)
I have changed my username(s) one time.
- 27 (14.4%)
I have changed my username(s) two times.
- 9 (4.8%)
I have changed my username(s) three times.
- 6 (3.2%)
I have changed my username(s) four times.
- 5 (2.7%)
I have changed my username(s) five or more times.
- 12 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 186

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Username Permanence  (Read 14387 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Username Permanence
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2012, 08:19:16 am »

For me, only the numbers have ever changed.
Miauw is the sound a cat makes in dutch, and i like cats. This name was chosen a long time ago tough, when i was still in the phase where a thing that i liked a bit, was a thing that i like very very very much. But i stuck to it.
It used to be miauw39, but then i forgot my password on runescape. (let the looks of disapproval begin!)
Thats pretty much sums it up.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EveryZig

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Liar
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2012, 09:34:25 am »

When I was very young (early middle school) I had one or two accounts named Jjjoe (a name I found funny at the time).
I was still in middle school when I came up with the name after watching a certain youtube video too many times. By the time I considered that this might be a bad idea, I had used the username for lots of things to the point where I feel like changing it would be awkward.

...and I just googled 'everyzig' and discovered that the first result (rather than the meme reference I was expecting) is some other everyzig who is apparently the 'minimalist alter ego of BoobsToday2 and BoobsToday' :o
Soaplent green is goblins!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2012, 10:25:20 am »

I like how most everyone here had the first real username on Runescape, was it really that popular back in the day?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2012, 10:28:13 am »

I like how most everyone here had the first real username on Runescape, was it really that popular back in the day?

Wait a sec.  I just realized that's the same for me.  And I've actually been using this username since '99...
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2012, 10:29:17 am »

Yeah... i think it was
Now there still are some novice gamers that keep holding onto runescape, but that period is over.
I enjoyed playing it back in the day.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2012, 10:29:24 am »

If Runescape wasn't very popular, it wouldn't still be going. Its not the best of games, but it works more or less on everything with a graphics capability more recent than windows 2000.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2012, 10:43:20 am »

Yeah. That game was fun. I think I stopped playing because they updated so much though. It became impossible for me to keep up with the new content. Not a bad thing I guess. It's a pretty primitive game, but in some ways I still think it has fun things that other games lack. And like a game like WoW it has been along for so long that it has so much to do you can find fun with whatever you like.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2012, 11:16:29 am »

I think Neopets was my first but Runescape was probably my second.  "Leafsnail" came from sewing on the wall.

I used Riverrider on Club Penguin for some reason and I do have a bunch of alternate name ideas if I ever need to not be directly attached to the account but I've never had to use any.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2012, 11:20:55 am »

I think Neopets was my first but Runescape was probably my second.  "Leafsnail" came from sewing on the wall.

ARr harr, neopets was about my first online "game" too xD
And then came runescape, as far as i can remember.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2012, 11:33:39 am »

Heh, I have a number of usernames for different things, but, most consistently, I use Zangi, which I made way back before 2000 when I was looking for a unique name for myself on the internet.  Yea, I later find out it is a jewish name or something and sometimes other people take the name.  Still, fairly unique on the english side of things. 
So other alternatives are Zangi of Nydus and Zangi Haisha. 
There is also just Haisha, but I usually reserve that as a last name.  Haisha comes from a japanese word meaning loser or something, picked that up as a last name for myself during my Naruto fandom days. 
Alternate commonly used last names are Nydus and Trigger.  Nydus is nice for a kingdom/empire/group thing name, which also comes from the Nydus Canals of Starcraft.  Trigger is well... Chrono Trigger...

I use others when I'm testing out things and am pretty sure I won't bother coming back to... or when I just don't want to play 'me' in an RP sense.  I have two female names that I usually use when I play MMOs, Jayle and Lilun.  Cause, ya know, I'm one of those people who like em pixels.  Plus, I could never get into an MMO as 'me' anyways. 
Jayle can sometimes be snagged by others, that name comes from Valkyrie Profile... I sometimes also use Aelia/Lyseria when I need more characters or Jayle is taken.  Aelia is usually taken and Lyseria seems pretty unique as in noone else takes it.  Lilun seems to be unique also and is my main MMO toon name usually, its a play on Little One...  I'd also nab Ayla if I could, mostly cause of Chrono Trigger...

EDIT: I'd say my first ever name was Cyrus... not so unique... and I abhorred adding random numbers and crap onto my name.  I think I also used Flaming Skeleton... cause that sounded cool when I was a kid.

EDIT 2: Also, most recently, Ponies.  Mostly for the trolling effect, but yea... ain't too shabby.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 11:40:02 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2012, 11:35:32 am »

You know, I kinda want to see if my runescape guy is still there or not now. But I don't remember anything about the account.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2012, 11:44:39 am »

I've used this username just about everywhere for decades now.

It used to be fairly unique, but nowadays you've got to go 14 pages through Google before you start actually hitting results that are me. Judging by the 13 pages before that, it's mostly because there are a lot of idiots that don't know how to spell AllStar.

Which is fine, I suppose. A little anonymity never hurt anyone.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2012, 11:47:51 am »

Thanks to the MSN Gaming Zone back in the 90's, when first signing up to play Quake II online it assigned me the quite cool (well, I thought so) name of "Bacterial Moth". That stuck for just under ten years or so, until the missus questioned it shortly after we first met at Uni, and suggested Monkey Head would be better for no reason other than she thought my shaved head made me look like a monkey. Ten years later and its stuck all that time.
This is a blank sig.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2012, 03:35:57 pm »

It varies a bit but I'm pretty sure my handle comes from ToonTown (which is quite unoriginal there) and possibly the Man part comes from City of Heroes.  I used to play those with my friends when I was like, 13.  I registered on these forums when I was like 14 so I'm completely underaged forever.

But yeah, always have been Toony in one way or another...

EDIT:
I'll have you know this name has nothing to do with cartoons or anime.  That was a completely retroactive interest.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 03:38:10 pm by ToonyMan »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2012, 03:37:50 pm »

I remember those ads. Any reason toontown just stopped having tv ads all of a sudden, or did they just close down?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10