Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How frequently do you change usernames?

I have one username which I have always used.
- 76 (40.6%)
I have a set of usernames which I have always used.
- 52 (27.8%)
I have changed my username(s) one time.
- 27 (14.4%)
I have changed my username(s) two times.
- 9 (4.8%)
I have changed my username(s) three times.
- 6 (3.2%)
I have changed my username(s) four times.
- 5 (2.7%)
I have changed my username(s) five or more times.
- 12 (6.4%)

Total Members Voted: 186

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Username Permanence  (Read 14376 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Username Permanence
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2012, 03:34:32 am »

Been using Siquo since... '95 I guess? Before that, used several names on BBS'es and stuff. Mostly DARKEVILHAXSHADOW666 stuff, because adolescent.

I chose it for sounding like sicko (which I was), and I'm still the only Siquo on the net, AFAIK. Sometimes Siquo Shodan, and my female in-game characters often have a name derived from Imajica.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2012, 04:27:31 am »

I use several different usernames depending on what the context of the site is, but Cheeetar is my all-purpose username which I use for most stuff.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 04:31:21 am »

I be Caz in most places. Sometimes with a second word added though.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2012, 04:35:21 am »

« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 11:50:44 am by Dutchling »

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2012, 05:17:51 am »

I've been using eerr for quite some time.

A username usually not taken, except by like one person who I lectured about picking a good username

Super short, ect.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2012, 05:20:53 am »

I'm Scelly9/Nafar/Mark Denoron/Jack Dendy depending on where I am on the nets.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2012, 05:29:25 am »

Bay12 is my third real online hangout; first was Runescape, where I had more characters than I can remember, though my 'main' was waaaaaaaaaa3 (that's ten A's, folks). Later I went to the Bolter and Chainsword, under my own name in UpperCamelCase, and now I'm here. I don't consider either of the previous two to have really given me a 'handle', so I'm BlargityBlarg, Balrgityblarg or Blargity Blarg for most things, though I have been recently leaning towards Billy Keys' Killer Bees; the issue is that's way too long for anything much.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2012, 05:35:12 am »

My first internet handle was *cough* notsogood666.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2012, 05:35:33 am »

I've no consistency at all. They change depending on what I like at the time of my registration.

I love Steam for the ability to change my name on the fly.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2012, 05:40:29 am »

Yeah, we all been there :)
My first was *myinitials*666 on a dial-up telnet MOO. Just googled for it, and it's still alive, and still asleep.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2012, 05:48:06 am »

Yeah, we all been there :)
My first was *myinitials*666 on a dial-up telnet MOO. Just googled for it, and it's still alive, and still asleep.
The semi embarrassing part is that when I switched over to MrWiggles for IM handles, to let my friend ID the new tag, I kept the last numbers...

MrWiggles666
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2012, 06:11:40 am »

I called myself DarkWolf when i played Diablo II as druid lycantrophe, DarkWolf was taken so i added X, when i played runescape i had to add XV instead, so now it is like it is.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Q
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2012, 06:33:27 am »

Wow.

Had to go through some ancient internet pages to find what I have been known as.

My very first username ever, before I knew what an internet was, was on Neopets, at the age of 10. It was Asher199.
I then used that same one for Runescape in early 2003, when I was 11, later jettisoning it in favour of Asher198. (Why? I don't know.)

I used to browse a little finnish indie racing game by the name of GeneRally's forums, under the name "Ungoliant4." Because giant spider.
This was ~2004. Ungoliant made just one contribution, a tiny wee three-polygon car. That forum is no longer existent, replaced by a new one long since. (Generally is ridiculously light on system requirements; its cars can have no more than 40 polygons.)

Later on, I used Ungoliant on Crankeye / RMRK, then replaced that with Fenrir, starting up a little thread on a game that I was making circa 2006 to try and learn the RPG Maker series. It was tough. I never posted again after submitting my idea and having it shot down. Neither user is findable.

I also began playing AdventureQuest at this time. I had two characters, a Guardian called Fenrir, and a f2p called Sticky who was promptly deleted (as they do to free players after a set time not playing.)

After that, I really only continued with Asher198. I made various new accounts on Runescape, among them another "Ungoliant4", "Dr Bootsy", "Axen Renai".
Of them only Axen received half hearted attention. :P

Until I really began to use the internet in earnest again in 2009, I started playing World of Warcraft on a private server. There were SO MANY NAMES. My username was 'Harya', like a garbled version of 'How are ya?'. I had various player names, so many that I'll list them here. I should be able to find our old guild website.

Aha, found it.

Our recruitment video, made by one of our 14 year old members. :P
And our other site after we swapped servers.

Nismo was my first, a friend had made his character on the same server and called it "Mugen", Mugen being Honda's racing unit I named mine Nismo, for Nissan. :P Just because we both played shamans.

Leitdor was my Troll Warrior; pronounced "Light-door" but most people called it Leetdor. Pretty cool dude.
Spoiler: Leitdor. (click to show/hide)

If I remember right, I show up in that recruitment video as one of the shamans, on Nismo.

Varok, Orc Hunter.

Elyn, Blood Elf Paladin.

Illius, Undead Priest.

Haemonoth, Orc Death Knight.

I think that that's all of the world of warcraft ones.

I remember planning to swap Asher198 to a newer name, after going through a series of names:

Llansing, Reudh, Ruadh, Rauthaz were the frontrunners; Llansing was just gibberish, Reudh was a bastardisation of Ruadh (gaelic for Red), and Rauthaz was proto-germanic for Red. See a theme here? I never ended up changing it, but more or less everywhere that I started calling myself Lord Reudh or Reudh is a result of that.

(Oh, and I forgot, in my early SA-MP days I was [AS]Dincht).

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2012, 08:13:24 am »

I use the same username for pretty much everything BUT bay12 (Though sometimes I have to change it when I forget what it is or something)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2012, 08:13:41 am »

I'd never used the same handle at two different places, before I picked "Aqizzar".  I picked it as a really oblique reference to the first handle I ever used, and I knew I was onto something when I learned that particular combination of letters had never been put together that way in the history of Google.

Of course, now I turn up a shitload of results, and I'm registered at several different places.  It's certainly recognizable and not-very-confusing (except the Q thing).  Which actually does make me a little paranoid, since there's a handful of people who know my name and couple photos of me floating around.  Especially since in all the time I ever spent on the Internet before, I always with a certain about of "don't leave behind around you can't walk away from" in terms of identifying information.  Certainly if a future job interviewer ever linked it together, it'd probably be a door-stopper.

Oh well, Aqizzar I am and I Aqizzar I'll be, now.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10