Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Sanity's Eclipse -Turn 6; Revival  (Read 11777 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Sanity's Eclipse Turn 5:A Horror-Apocalypse rtd
« Reply #90 on: June 21, 2012, 08:49:16 pm »

(I feel like an idiot for taking so long to say this, but anyway, welcome to the forums, chrome1. ^^^)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 21, 2012, 08:54:33 pm »

"Ah, hometeam fans. My state win or lose, right?" Benny nodded. It was a common thing for fans to want to represent their home state, even if their team kinda sucked. "Well, I didn't play for a national team, not yet anyway. NCAA. Belmont Abbey Crusaders, out of North Carolina. I was just going for a business degree and hoping I'd get picked up, y'know?" He shrugged. "I was a relief pitcher, not quite the star of the team, y'know, but I did pretty good on strike-outs and hit the occasional home run when I batted. Usually hit doubles and singles, probably had a 65/35 split between stealing home and getting caught out."

He turned back to Desmond. "What about you? What did you and yours do... well... last week?"

Desmond adjusted his glasses.

"...I am...was a Stock Broker. Buy low, sell high, you know? I was doing pretty well for myself...not that it matters now, I suppose. Puts all the time I spent into perspective.

From a purely social standpoint, my kind is likely to become extinct in this new world...there's no place for one so ingrained into the system as I was."
The man mused, smiling bitterly.

((@Serc: Likewise. ^^ It usually takes me a few games to notice when a new regular shows up.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 21, 2012, 09:05:49 pm »

"You and me both. I don't see much in the way of six, seven figure contracts in my future now." Benny sighed. "It would've been nice, though. Have my own trading card, bobblehead, be on Wheaties boxes, maybe rookie of the year... I'm in a game, did you know that? MVP 11: NCAA Baseball. It was just a facial scan and some input on what my stats should be, but, y'know, it was something. A start, I guess, not that that matters anymore."

Benny turned the box upside down and shook it on the off-chance he'd missed anything. "Too bad, right? If this hadn't happened, hell, in a few years we might've met in a professional capacity. So what'd you do when you weren't watching prices?" he asked.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 21, 2012, 09:14:52 pm »

Mortimer stops for a while to hear his teammates' conversation.
"Well, you do not know if this 'apocalypse' has spread all over the globe. As far as we know, it may be a localized end-of-the-world situation. Theoretically, we could manage to escape this town and find the world as normal as it was when we left it to be thrown into this catastrophe."

The russkie sighs.
"The main problem is that we are all contamined by whatever has been turning humans into monsters. Even if the outside world manages to hold this place off, if we escape this city we'd be risking dooming the rest of the population...But only time will tell. Today we save your sister and tomorrow we plan."

Well...Even if their theory happened to be true, then Mortimer would be better off than most people as far as occupation goes. A trained shooter with some military training would be more valuable than most other professionals in a doomed world, even if only to prolong their suffering by keeping them alive.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 09:19:12 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 21, 2012, 09:20:16 pm »

"You got a point there, Mort. But I always think in worst-case scenarios, so that way I'm always happy when things don't go the way I think they will. It's kinda like optimism and pessimism put together, y'know?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 21, 2012, 09:23:42 pm »

"Yes, I know how it feels. Keep your expectatives so low that everything that happens is actually above or within them. It is actually a good way of facing things."
Mortimer smiles a bit. He is also realistic, but he does not want to hurt the moral of the group by going around spitting the harshest truths on their faces.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 22, 2012, 12:24:33 am »

((Everything fun always happens when I'm offline...))

(I feel like an idiot for taking so long to say this, but anyway, welcome to the forums, chrome1. ^^^)
((This too, sorry chrome1 for forgetting the greetings.

Welcome to Bay12!))

Ires stepped out of the room with a weary look on her face. That was out of the ordinary, but Mortimer had the attitude that kept her spirits up.

She looked at the general direction of everyone else after listening in on the talk. "So I take it, we move out of this place? We need to secure supplies and edible food. Or we could search the security station next," she added with a nod before looking closely at the Uzi.

"And...aren't there any silencers for these things? Earmuffs and whatnot? Does anyone know gun safety, I've never fired any weapon in my life."

Check if we didn't miss anything needed - food/water prioritizing; self armor and explosives next, lastly medical aid and cloth scraps for wrapping. Highest priority: Gun manual - for dummies. Examine Uzi.

Follow behind Desmond.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 12:36:58 am by Tiruin »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 22, 2012, 12:33:50 am »

Mortimer's ears perk up as he hears the woman ask about guns.
"Gun safety? There are some basic rules you should always follow, but I'll only cite the most important for our situation: First, do not point a gun at anything you do not want to kill. Second, treat unloaded weapons as if they were loaded. Third, keep your finger off the trigger. You can keep your index straightened by the side of the trigger, but never on it. Fourth, know what you are shooting at. Fifth, know your gun. Sixth, don't shoot at hard surfaces, which includes water, and seventh, don't rely on the safety mechanism."

He eyes her Uzi.
"By knowing your gun I mean the action, behavior and all that you need to know before shooting. Try not to press the trigger for too long and remember to hold it with both hands or you may end up hitting your allies."
>Yes?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 22, 2012, 12:36:22 am »

((I knew Caellath knew it.  :o))

"Thanks Mort. I'll try to find something for that."

Added action ^

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2012, 09:04:12 pm »

this was a great read keep going and in the starting area one of the doors without a red X there was crying and latter all the doors were broken down so good job not meeting the witch
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2012, 09:22:45 pm »

this was a great read keep going and in the starting area one of the doors without a red X there was crying and latter all the doors were broken down so good job not meeting the witch
lol,  this reminds me the turn IS half done but I've been in the process of moving, however I am free all day tomorrow so it shall be finished then.
Nom nom nom

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2012, 10:36:58 pm »

This is not left 4 dead or whatever you call it.

This is an RTD which I have no idea what to do but to survive.

Stop connecting things to what we know of. :I

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2012, 04:46:39 pm »

I don't know if this seems like a crazy 3 month necro of an rtd but either way after 4 insane moves all in succession during which my computer was largely destroyed I have managed to recouver my hard drive.  Which means I know have the story line and other material I had written up.  We can either pick up at the same spot where we were, or create a new one with the same world ((I was about to create a new thread when I suddenly felt bad about this ending after 5 turns...))
Nom nom nom

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sanity's Eclipse -3 Month Nerco By Gm, refer to latest post
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2012, 04:51:40 pm »

((I'm still up for it. I say we continue!))
>Yes?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Sanity's Eclipse -3 Month Nerco By Gm, refer to latest post
« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2012, 08:34:11 pm »

((I'm good to.))
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8