Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: Sanity's Eclipse -Turn 6; Revival  (Read 11778 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sanity's Eclipse Turn 4:A Horror-Apocalypse rtd
« Reply #75 on: June 21, 2012, 12:29:55 pm »

Turn 5: What the hell was that thing!?!
         Ires, Clara, Desmond, Alec, and Benny quickly go about getting changed into the clothing that fits them best.  No one looks around as everyone just faces the walls, someone attempts to comment on the fact that the basements a bit cold for changing, but a conversation about the temperature seems strangely inappropriate in light of everything.  As everyone finishes, amidst the sound of Benny slowly loading his shotguns the group slowly disperses out of the room.  Ires quickly looks for some types of safety headgear but only manages to find a single pair of Carpenters Glasses.  Leaving together Clara and Ires heads over to the Experimental Fac., while Benny moves to check out the security room Door.
     Before leaving, Ires pauses, taking one of the twin Uzis along with the stock of .45 ACP ammo, she places it into Desmond's hands.  A few words pass between them, and as they part ways both wonder how the world has changed like this.  Changed in such a way that people who before would of never imagined using such an instrument of death, are now forced to take up arms to save themselves from abominations and horrors.
     Left alone Desmond and Alec cautiously look at each other for a second before Desmond speaks;
     "Alec, you mentioned once that you went to Jail for a number of years.... I just need to ask for my own knowledge, in your opinion... in an event like what is happening what are the chances of the prison surviving?"
Alec-"Well, the concrete walls and metal bars for the jail cells would definitely keep anything from breaking in and easily keep anyone infected or mutated detained within the cells.... of course there is the fact that jails don't often stock that much ammunition and we've already seen something that looks to be mutating towards flight.  Also, you have to realize that guards are often all out for themselves and would tend to just leave the jail... leaving the prisoners locked up with no source of food.  There is also the possibility of a revolt, in which case it all depends on how well the person was liked by fellow prisoners.  All in all I'd say they have a better chance then we do.  Either way, if you want to try and get there before the place becomes a concrete graveyard, I'd hurry..."
Desmond almost asks whether that means Alec would want to try and get there as well, but the way that Alec deftly slides the magnum into his belt, and absentmindedly pulls his coat over it to conceal the weapon tells him something.  It tells him that in any circumstances that would of happened before the outbreak, Alec is the sort of person that Desmond would of crossed the street to avoid.  Of course... death everywhere and the world crumbling apart seems to have a strange way of removing those sort of inhibitions about a way a person acts.

Outside the armory, Benny pauses to examine the locked security door.  It is a large thick metal thing, designed to resist threats of most types.  The large dead bolt is set firmly into the concrete foundation of the building.  However one of the explosive rounds may be able to punch through the lock or door, of course it stands a huge chance of simply ricocheting and a thumb sized grenade flying about the room may not be the best idea.  A more sensible approach would be to try and find the doors key, maybe it's in the basement somewhere or in another part of the building.

Experimental Fac:
    Mortimer carefully crosses the room to the medicine closet, the corpses of the scientists and dissected subjects stay quite dead under his glaring watch, and the injured women just lays there slowly breathing.  She is either unconscious or uncaring as Mortimer begins rummaging through the medicine closet.  Many of the chemicals inside appear to be tailored towards specific diseases and he is completely unable to tell what they do through the medical jargon on the bottles.  Taking the things that are obvious, he begins taking out and stacking various pills and sets of bandage wrappings.  At the back of the closet is a bottle of Moonshine, the extremely high alcohol content making it extremely flammable, a great antiseptic, as well as an alcoholic beverage.  Just as you begin organizing the useful items Clara and Ires walk in;

Clara-Mortimer-Ires: Together you gather up any of the useful medicinal supplies and load them all into the backpack carried by Clara, since trying to pack all the tiny bottles of plastic and glass into your pockets would be insanity.  At the end the backpack as been filled completely up with all sort of useful items;
Items-
6xCloth Bandage Wraps
Cauterizing Machine power=100%
2xMorphine Pill Bottle-25p
2xEmpty Clean Syringes
Tramadol-20p
Suture Kit-10m of string as well
Valium-10p
Adrenaline-500ml

Mortimer-Ires: Leaving Clara to finish packing the backpack the pair move over to the women bound to the medical table, hearing the two approach the women eyes flick open.  Her pure white eyes glare up at the cieling as she speaks
"What are you, that fucking bastards replacement!  I Already told you all that I don't know how I can see without sight, nor how I am fucking healing!!! Cut me all you want, if I die then I die happy and defiant!"  The women screams at the ceiling.  Ires speaks in turn "We aren't military, we are just normal people..." she stutters on the normal people part, but then continues "look, what do you mean by healing and sight?  We want to help you but... but by all rights you should be dead..."  At the closer inspection point you can see that the majority of the women's chest and the flesh on her arms and top of her skull as been peeled back, somehow she has survived bleeding profusely for what must have been a very, very long period of time.  The women blinks a few times, then slowly looks over at Ires, white eyes fixing directly on Ires own eyes, "Fine, you want to see what I mean by healing?  Remove the things pinning my skin back and that damned metal thing they have jammed in my skull."  Unable to say no to the poor women, Mortimer and Ires quickly begin removing the various tubes and metal needles, seconds pass as the women's flesh twists and warps, refusing itself shut.  Within just a few minutes the women looks perfectly fine.  The women speaks "Well, thank you mortals, I suppose when I have destroyed the world you will be killed less painfully then the rest of your putrid kind!"  she begins cackling as blackness spreads throughout her eyes.  Mortimer reacts by leveling the pistol at her head and firing, within a single flash the woman turns to black smoke and vanishes, the bullet driving into the dissection table.

Groups Items Gained:
Alec-
Military Issue Jacket
Leather Gloves
Metal Army Helmet

Desmond:
Experimentally modified Uzi
.45 ACP ammo
Metal Army Helmet
Thick Jeans
Military Leather Jacket
Backpack

Clara:
Backpack
      +    6xCloth Bandage Wraps
           Cauterizing Machine power=100%
           2xMorphine Pill Bottle-25p
           2xEmpty Clean Syringes
           Tramadol-20p
           Suture Kit-10m of string as well
           Valium-10p
           Adrenaline-500ml
Thick Jeans
Military Issue Jacket

Ires:
Metal Army Helmet
Military Leather Jacket
Utility Vest
Thick Jeans
Item Belt
Carpenters Glasses

Mortimer:
-1 Bullet

Benny:
Military Leather Jacket

Locations:
Armory:
The small armory is now mostly devoid of useable weapons and ammo, excepting a few scruffy boxes on the back selves and a large number of blood stained and broken weapons.
-It does however contain a large Box of army clothing and a few helmets

Storage:LOCKED
Security:LOCKED

Science Lab:Contains 4 corpses of test subjects, 1 dead scientist.
                 -A Medicine Closet with some surviving supplies
                 -Everything else destroyed by retreating people

Time-1:30pm

Weather-Unknown

Local Safety-Elevator-Safe
5th Floor-Chaos
4th Floor-?
3rd Floor-?
2nd Floor-?
1st Floor:Main Hall/Defensive Zone/Entrance-?
Basement:Armory/Research Station-Safe

Alec
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mortimer

Benjamin

Desmond

Ires

Clara
[/quote]

***if I missed any items lemme know, that was a lot of changes to track in a single turn.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:55:04 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Sanity's Eclipse Turn 5:A Horror-Apocalypse rtd
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2012, 12:47:29 pm »

Benny closed his eyes for a moment, his left hand covering them. Things were still hard to see, like a video game with the brightness turned to 80% of the optimal setting. He had hoped that was just a trick of the lighting of the cell and now that he was out here it would clear up, but it was starting to seem that that wasn't the case. Jesus Christ, I hope this doesn't get any worse. I'd hate to think I'm gonna go blind. They'd leave me for dead for sure if I even mentioned the idea, and if I was one of them I'd do the same. Can't have a handicapped person dragging them down when they could use them to slow these fucking monster-things down.

Morbid thoughts, perhaps, but Benny was a longtime horror/zombie apocalypse enthusiast and found such mental exercises helped relieve boredom during long bus trips or flights, or hell, even when waiting to take the mound during games. ...I'll keep it to myself for now. Maybe I'm just being impatient, and if I wait long enough, it'll be fine. There was still the problem of the door; maybe the key was around here somewhere.

Benny looks for the key, and perhaps anything else useful that still remains in both the Armory and the Science Lab.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 21, 2012, 12:56:12 pm »

((@GM: You forgot my frag grenade.))

Mortimer sighs in relief. It was probably something akin to a demon, which is somewhat comforting to him. The lack of information is worse, and the fact the turn of events has driven his mind away from a possible "Lovecraftian horrors" situation left him calmer. He even smiles a bit before walking away from the room. His father would, once more, be right about what he should do in these situations.

Well, the magician woman could do anything as far as he cared. Supernatural creatures against humans is hardly a competition, and if she said she would destroy the world, tough luck.

"Thank you for your kindness then, miss."
He quips sarcastically with a last glance upon the room before turning back to the armory.

Get military clothing and wear it (including ear muffs, these weapons are noisy). Then search for an assault rifle, preferentially of soviet or russian fabrication, such as an AK-74. Not the AK-47.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 03:24:53 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 21, 2012, 01:47:15 pm »

((grenade added to inventory))
Nom nom nom

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 21, 2012, 02:02:21 pm »

Clara rolls her eyes and finishes packing the medical supplies.

Help search for the keys to the locked doors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 21, 2012, 02:09:30 pm »

(Also, I loaded my shotguns, but they're not loaded in my inventory. >.> For convenience, I loaded the Remington with the Shotgun Slugs and the sawed-off with the Shot-Shells.)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 21, 2012, 03:16:29 pm »

Desmond sat down to think numbly.

He hadn't found any trace of his sister in the station she had been held in-he had made sure, no matter how gruesome it was, that none of the bodies were hers. He supposed she may have escaped on her own. Most of the cells were open, some forcibly...or the army could have picked her up and took her to one of these facilities. But if either of those were true, then he would likely never find her then.

No, he had a singular hope-the local city prison had no doubt been re-purposed as emergency prisoner containment when the outbreak began. She might have been moved there with the rest of them...but, he knew it was a long shot. That she was still alive. That she was uninfected. Any place with a large amount of survivors might also be a good bet.

All he knew for sure, was that she wouldn't last long locked in a cell. He had to try. He wouldn't have minded, maybe, dying in the attempt...but what about the others? He doubted they would follow him. But maybe he could convince them.

He addressed everyone.

"...so, what now? Personally, I'm hoping we can secure transportation...get out of the city, naturally.

I do have a favor to ask. Since one direction is good as any other, I'd want us to travel in the direction of the local Prison. Someone...my Sister Elaine...is...maybe there. She's the reason I'm here anyway...not asking anyone to risk anything.

Once we're in sight, I'll go in myself if no one else is willing, and we can part ways.

Anyway, I'm going in that direction, if you all follow or not."
He said resignedly.

But could he really leave them all? Even Ires?

He closed his eyes, not wanting to think about that. He concentrated on getting a pair of carpenter glasses like Ires had. He was quite afraid of... contaminants.

Action: Also, Look for a pair of carpenter glasses like Ires has.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 21, 2012, 03:25:51 pm »

"I kind of want to find the rest of my team. You think they'd be there?" Benny said to Desmond while sorting through a box. "I mean, some of them were pretty good people, y'know. Rodriguez was cool, and Porter was shit at working left field but he had all the best jokes." He glanced over at the businessman. "So this sister of yours... she into baseball? Think she might want an autograph?" He smiled, trying to show that he was joking around to try and lighten the mood. "I'm not sure how much mine would be worth even before all this shit went down, and you'd have to find me a pen and some paper anyway..."

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 21, 2012, 03:52:03 pm »

((ok updating the shotgun thing, and fyi that women may not have been a demon, or even real.  She may have been real and just batshit insane.  Or of course she may have been a demon or something else as well, just don't want anyone thinking that demons and black magic are like the cause of everything.))
Nom nom nom

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 21, 2012, 03:57:06 pm »

"I figure plenty of people not picked up by the army, and brought here..." Desmond looks around at the corpses, not needing to finish that line of thinking. "..Was collared and taken to the penitentiary, or maybe some sort of shelter. We might find them there."

Baseball? Desmond smiles, as much as anyone can these days.

"Oh, she likes baseball, or did...we used to go to games, the whole family.

Can't say she was a fan of yours, but then again I don't recall seeing you play. Doubt you'd remember my family all in the stands shouting and stomping for your blood, either. We sure raised the roof, all eight of us.

Go Hampton Crusaders, right, the home team. Won the last series, eh 4 years ago...I think...

Which team did you play on?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 21, 2012, 04:03:12 pm »

((@GM: I know. I actually believe more the "not even real" thing. it is just that Mortimer thought the event was more on the "funny" or "amusing" than on the scary side.))

Mortimer glances over Desmond.
"As far as I care, we could go there, but then you have to be willing to risk both your and our lives. You know as much as I do that no matter how brave you want to be, you are just human, and you want help do pull that off."

He sighs and starts to play with his spare, considering removing a bullet and replacing the one he spent.
"I can't blame you for wanting to save your sister, so cut the hero talk, you know we are all going to help you anyway."

The russkie pauses for a moment.
"But I am leading the way. And be careful with those weapons, very careful."
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 04:08:02 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »

"Ah, hometeam fans. My state win or lose, right?" Benny nodded. It was a common thing for fans to want to represent their home state, even if their team kinda sucked. "Well, I didn't play for a national team, not yet anyway. NCAA. Belmont Abbey Crusaders, out of North Carolina. I was just going for a business degree and hoping I'd get picked up, y'know?" He shrugged. "I was a relief pitcher, not quite the star of the team, y'know, but I did pretty good on strike-outs and hit the occasional home run when I batted. Usually hit doubles and singles, probably had a 65/35 split between stealing home and getting caught out."

He turned back to Desmond. "What about you? What did you and yours do... well... last week?"

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2012, 04:33:01 pm »

((Lol, till this point I was undecided if we were in america, canada, or the UK... that or alter-Earth a place like ours with different names hahahah.  Suppose America it is, on the other hand I am Canadian, so you lot will need to help me with state names, city names, ect.ect.))
Nom nom nom

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2012, 06:53:12 pm »

Well I know chrome in real life and he won't be home till... well tomorrow likely, and since no one is really doing anything Life or Death, I'm going to start writing the next turn.  Also thanks a lot Caellath for the lazarus idea, (it actually saved that whole turn from being lost again... hopefully my comps not screwed).  I'll edit into this slot when i'm done :D
Nom nom nom

chrome1

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 21, 2012, 08:40:54 pm »

Alec decides to make himself useful and help everyone find a key. In the back of his mind, he doesn't trust what might be behind that big metal door. There's just something about it that doesn't fly right. Just to help put his mind at ease, Alec puts his ear to the metal door in a vain attempt to get an idea of what might be on the other side.

Help look for key and attempt to pick up sounds behind metal door.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8