Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Splintered Ark: A multi Gm suggestion game. Stowaways: Unfortunate 'Accidents'  (Read 10653 times)

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Spend some more time looking at the farming module. If we don't get some food coming in quickly, we'll be out of luck, no matter what else is going on. Should be our top priority.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Spend some more time looking at the farming module. If we don't get some food coming in quickly, we'll be out of luck, no matter what else is going on. Should be our top priority.
This.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Splintered Ark: A multi Gm suggestion game. Stowaways: Keeping cool.
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2012, 11:20:42 am »

I find the fact that we're locked in from all directions extremely unsettling.

Also: Trying to find good titles is hard.

But yeah, priorities are:

1. Diplomatic solution
2. Food
3. Continue scouting, see if we can get past the blocked blastdoors somehow. Also, find weaponry and tools.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Splintered Ark: A multi Gm suggestion game
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2012, 06:58:12 am »

You sent ShebMcSheb to try and find the exact problem with the hydroponics. As far as he's able to discover, the bullets have grazed and damaged several of the pipes, although the key components seem to be undamaged. Progress in repairing them is nearly nonexistant,  as the complete lack of knowledge on hydraulics systems makes repairing them difficult. They also check the things supplies, and find that everything seems to be well supplied, except for the nutriental liquid that is mandatory for the systems operation. The tank was hit by a stray bullet.

Seeing an all out confrontation with the Car 'Ya as problematic, you decide it might just be better to assasinate them. You decide it would be best to let it seem like an accident, and arrange for a spontanous bulkhead failure. The assasination goes complete according to plan, except for the fact that one of the emergency airlocks failed to trigger, leading to the passing not only of the entire Snakes and Car 'Ya leadership structure, but also a hundred civilians, most of them children. Everyone is shocked, but nobody suspects anything.

Both the Snakes and the Car 'Ya choose their new leader, but they are both unexperienced. While they are to shocked now, their rivalery make soon spring up again, and this time they might not hold back.

Meanwhile the temperature in the cargobay is still falling, although a bit slower then expected. Temperature is currently around 315 degrees*, which is still way to hot for human survival. Attempts to contact other people have failed due to blastdoors being cut off, and the intercom seems to be dead.

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Surrounding (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)
[/quote]

*Are we using Fahrenheit or Celcius. (Can't be Kelvin, because Kelvin isn't measured in degrees.)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I was using Celsius. Also, Map ain't incoming anymore. I just can't fin a good way to have a 3D map. Or we'll need a map per "z-level" ?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I was using Celsius. Also, Map ain't incoming anymore. I just can't fin a good way to have a 3D map. Or we'll need a map per "z-level" ?
That might work better than a 3d map.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile

I think you would use one vertical map and one horizontal.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I think you would use one vertical map and one horizontal.
Wouldn't work that well, as the ship is kinda in full 3D. While you can't do it yet, you're not limited to one slice of it.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile

What about 2 horizontal and 2 vertical? Like this #
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 07:26:04 am by Child of Armok »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

One way to do it could be as a kind of graph, with the various components as nodes, and the vertexes as the adjoining doors. If you send me some details of the known area I'll see if I can mock one up for you guys.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

As far as I got, we've got the engine, beneath us, completly locked of, and various cargo bays above us. One overheating, another filled with food, and the other vacuumed. The on the middle level, we got the 3 habitation modules surrounding a single farm module.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile

But that isn't the entire ship....
Is it?
i hope not. :(

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it?
Nope from what I gather its generation ship, so we're faced with conquering something that is roughly the size of Australia, maybe larger.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Is it?
Nope from what I gather its generation ship, so we're faced with conquering something that is roughly the size of Australia, maybe larger.
Nope, that's what you know of the ship. The ship itself is quite large. While not the size of Australia,(Though in surface area, it might come close) it still quite large.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile

Oke  :)
but the map would be something like this :
########################
########################___________         Engine
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5