Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Splintered Ark: A multi Gm suggestion game. Stowaways: Unfortunate 'Accidents'  (Read 10652 times)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
Re: Splintered Ark: A multi Gm suggestion game
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2012, 09:15:53 am »

Request a parlay between the Car'ya and the Snakes. Send the scouts out to explore every nook and cranny. See how easily we can contact the biodome triumvate.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2012, 01:56:36 pm »

1.The high temperatures are probably caused by a failure in the nearby radiators. Since we're drifting through space, the only abundant heatsource is this ship, so the problem shouldn't be to complex. Probably some radiators failed and the heat build up in the cargo bay. Try to check on the lifesupport systems of the cargo bay, and see if the heat management is online. (For all we know, the system is just dumping excess heat into that bay, so we might be able to redirect that heat.)

2. Try to see if you can get the doors connecting us to the rest of the ship working. Those'll probably blast doors( though this being such a cheap part of the ship, they might not be that strong) to stop decompression in case of hull breach. When attacked we could use these to lock ourselves out.

3.Check other surrounding cargo bays, if we can reach them. Priority: Tech, food, weaponry

PN: Spacesuits should be able to stand the heat in there, but getting spacesuits to get more spacesuits is kinda pointless.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't like the Snakes having their own militia this early into our reign. Lets side with the Car'ya clan and crush them before they gain more power!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

The Snakes have sided with you, the Car'ya formed another militia.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I see that now. Strike that, reverse it. Crush the Car'ya with the Snakes!

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't crush them, we can't afford the losses. We want to bring them back into the fold.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, we should crush them and bring so much needed order. As for losses... less people= less mouths to feed. Let's build a totalitarian society, in such conditions it's much more efficient

And take no prisoners, kill all Car'ya's. Kill all but young fertile females. Everyone should learn to obey
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

No, we should crush them and bring so much needed order. As for losses... less people= less mouths to feed. Let's build a totalitarian society, in such conditions it's much more efficient

And take no prisoners, kill all Car'ya's. Kill all but young fertile females. Everyone should learn to obey
I want to know how big their share in the total is before attacking. As long as we don't have a five to one advantage I wouldn't do it , and I prefer diplomacy in all cases.

Besides, that high population is one of your only advantages. (The other is cargo bay acces.)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile

I'd like to remember all potential GMs that one of them will have to run the turn. I won't do it twice in a row.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I'd like to remember all potential GMs that one of them will have to run the turn. I won't do it twice in a row.
If know 'one else does it, I'd do it tomorrow .

((I will ignore my own suggestions though))

Edit: If we are following the turn rules, (which i'm not sure) it should be  Ukrainian Ranger.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 09:46:37 am by 10ebbor10 »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2012, 10:01:34 am »

You spend much of the next few days considering the problem posed by the Car'ya's and the Snakes. The thought of a rift in your new society is painful, but you are uncertain that you could retain enough power to hold your position if you openly opposed the Car'ya's militia. Their militia is sizeable, and if it lacks the firepower of your own, it makes up for that in discipline and unity. You decide, for now, to pursue a diplomatic solution.

After a few brief meetings, tensions haven't subsided. Apparently the son of Bejel Ah'kter (the Snake leader) has been accused of impregnating the daughter of a prominent Car'ya merchant, and then denying paternity. For the Car'ya, who cling strongly to the ethos of respect and propriety, this is tantamount to a declaration of war. Thankfully, the Car'ya's sense of honor prevents them from attacking while diplomatic proceedings are still underway. Still, a solution must be found.

The wily Sheb McSheb has been working on lowering the temperature in the cargo bay. He found a few blown circuits and popped fuses, and has been able to get a vent fan up and running in the bay. It has managed to lower the temperature by 50 degrees in a few days. Unfortunately, that is the extent of his progress at this point in time. He seems to think that he'll be able to get it down to the point where entry to the bay is not fatal in a few more days.

Scouts examine the perimeter of the habitation modules, which form a ring around the farm module, and they report back that their connections to the rest of the ship would be difficult to defend, as they are wide and lack cover. Currently, the blast doors seem to be locked from the outside, probably the security forces of the ship have done so to quarantine the Stowaways.

A few sorties are sent into other cargo bays, and much to your dismay, they have all been opened to the void. Without any space suits, your scouts will be unable to retrieve anything of value that may remain in them. The lead scouts are doubtful that much remains, but stranger things have happened.

So with your tenuous peace hanging by a thread, and no new technology or weapons to tip the balance, what do you do?

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Surrounding (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Military (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:09:33 am by Maldevious »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

1. Update the food reserves?

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile

Just slaughter the snakes.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just slaughter the snakes.
Nope. Don't attack. We can't risk losing the support of anyone. Instead, we could assasinate various leaders of both factions.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5