Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32

Author Topic: Cybrid 5:The Tunnels Of Mars-Game End: Rebel Vittry (Plus Survivor plus scum)  (Read 58660 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid 5: The Tunnels of Mars - Day 1: It's all downhill from here.
« Reply #105 on: June 11, 2012, 03:07:35 am »

borno:
OK, finished re-reading the thread. Unvote:
Please answer these: what's your read on Hapah's bandwagon vote, Tiruin's wall of questions, Toony's reactions to it, and Dariush's reactions to that?
I thought that Hapah's posts looks like no effort was put into them, and that they were just made to un-even votes against himself. Tiruin doesn't seem to be too scummy in my eyes. Toony's response was justified, as it is RVS, and Dariush's response can be justified in the same way.
Nice bandwagon with no actual pursuing of your target.
Hapah:
As promised, here are my reasons for voting you:

It seemed as though you were voting people to get the tie off you, not voting them because you were suspicious of them
Your posts didn't have enough reasons; looked lazy
You were just going onto a bandwagon

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 11, 2012, 04:37:04 am »

Toony, pretty much nothing of what you say has any relation to what I say. It is randomly riddled with pointless sarcasm, deflections and simply unrelated shit. Your last adressed to me part of your WoT had exactly one sane tidbit, about Tiruin.
The thing is, you're not saying what.  I can't waste my time explaining myself when you aren't.  I could probably find the Tiruin tidbit you're referencing but nothing else.

It is entirely possible that someone has enough time or ability (think school computer) to read the thread, but not enough to actually post.
Fair enough, the point was already addressed by Tiruin himself.  Although it is the only thing I'm happy about...

Questions:
Toaster: Can't think of one. Deal with it, it's 4 AM.
Hapah: Look up.
ZU: Look down.
What's your reasoning for doing this?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 11, 2012, 09:12:06 am »

Borno:
Of course, as Bookthras said, you might of been using it as an excuse for a scum slip. But I guess I'll unvote for now.

Oh yeah, you're scum.  Backing off as soon as you catch hell for it?  Enjoy your noose.

Oops. I guess I'm contradicting myself a bit there. I'm not to confident, but I'm pretty sure of myself. But why is that reason to jump on my bandwagon, Zombie Urist?

OMGUS-FoS?  Why not vote him if you're not voting anyone else?  (I'll answer this one for you- it's because you're scum 1) trying not to look like you're doing what I just called you out on, slinging your vote around like you don't care about it [because you're scum and don't care about your vote] and 2) trying not to look like you're OMGUS voting him.)  Scum, scum, scum.

Dariush:  What is your read on Borno?

Zombie:
Toaster: What's the "solifuge strategy"? Also why aren't you following "Toaster's #1 scumtell" this game? See above.

Solifuge liked to act scummy on the first day to see who attacked him and, crucially, why.  He sorted out those who attacked him in a lazy/bandwagonny fashion as likely scum candidates.  I don't recall it being particularly successful.

Hapah has been putting out enough content to not invoke T#1ST, but he is on my watch list for both his possibly fake scummy bandwagon and his thin actual content.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2012, 09:48:56 am »

PFP

Urist: I inferred that Toony and Dar probably aren't Cybrids, because I would imagine that I would have gotten completely wrecked if someone built a case. That very aggressive lynch Hapah post never materialized, and I would have been a very easy scapegoat target to get their Cybrid buddy off the hook.

Dar: It was a quarter until 1 on a Sunday night and I've got to be at work at 8. I've got to build at least a little credibility back after my recent actions, and going to bed making no post at all doesn't get me very far. If it is still day when I get off I'll see if I can put something together for you.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2012, 10:11:55 am »

Hapah:
Urist: I inferred that Toony and Dar probably aren't Cybrids, because I would imagine that I would have gotten completely wrecked if someone built a case. That very aggressive lynch Hapah post never materialized, and I would have been a very easy scapegoat target to get their Cybrid buddy off the hook.

This logic is faulty.  Your theory only holds if both one of them are cybrid- it doesn't help anything in the case where one is and the other isn't- they would have no need or desire to move heat at that point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 11, 2012, 10:21:03 am »

borno, Hapah: You've both missed my questions again.
-This post-

PFP

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2012, 10:50:48 am »

Toaster: I'm not sure I follow. If only one of the two was a Cybrid, then their partner could have built a case on me and it wouldn't have been a particularly hard wagon to get rolling. That initial "Hapah is super scummy" push never came (you and Book did try to set me straight, but it didn't seem malicious). Borno hopped on the bandwagon, but that really wasn't the spirited attack I was hoping for either.

PPE: Tir, I'll try to find the time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2012, 11:14:31 am »

Hapah: I'm harping more on the "Dariush and Toony both cybrids and then one dropping the case on the other to attack Hapah" theory.  If that's not what you were implying, then I probably just misinterpreted you.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2012, 11:26:01 am »

Questions:
Toaster: Can't think of one. Deal with it, it's 4 AM.
Hapah: Look up.
ZU: Look down.
What's your reasoning for doing this?
Book said ask each of them a question.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2012, 11:28:27 am »

Regarding Borno:
Anyway, I objected to answer what my preferred role in the alignment, because it was fishing for my alignment role, as toaster later agreed. I, however, forgot to answer the 'Happy of your alignment?' part on my second revision of the deleted post.
It's a good enough answer. His early game was scummy. I pushed him, hoping that he'd break and betray deeper scumminess. He didn't. I'm not saying he's kosher, but he withstood the pressure and answered the questions well enough, so I have no more reason to vote him. However, part of the reason for my pressing him was a reaction test, of him first (had he broken under pressure it would have been interesting) and of others. Others did indeed suddenly decided he was the right lynch for this day. Interesting. Starting with:

Toaster:
Borno:  You, however, are slinging shit just to see what sticks.
It is you who is slinging shit and sticking it to whoever seems a likely D1 lynch. I know you know better.

Do you actually have a scum read on Borno? What do you think of his alignment or intentions and why?

Lazy, lazy, lazy.
This is exactly what you're doing. Lazily jumping on a newbie for taking the (ostensibly intentionally laid) bait of Hapah's bandwagon vote. Other than that, what do you have on him? For what purpose do you want him to hang?

In particular, this quote. You are working very hard at making him look scummy. You seem to be channeling webadict:
Of course, as Bookthras said, you might of been using it as an excuse for a scum slip. But I guess I'll unvote for now.
Oh yeah, you're scum.  Backing off as soon as you catch hell for it?  Enjoy your noose.

Oops. I guess I'm contradicting myself a bit there. I'm not to confident, but I'm pretty sure of myself. But why is that reason to jump on my bandwagon, Zombie Urist?
OMGUS-FoS?  Why not vote him if you're not voting anyone else?  (I'll answer this one for you- it's because you're scum 1) trying not to look like you're doing what I just called you out on, slinging your vote around like you don't care about it [because you're scum and don't care about your vote] and 2) trying not to look like you're OMGUS voting him.)  Scum, scum, scum.

Your vote is disingenuous, lazy, opportunistic, and scummy. You are not the only one, but I know you know better, so you're the scummiest.

My second scummiest choice is Hapah, but I'm very worried about Obolisk's lack of participation. He hasn't been on the forums, but being absent is a very viable noobscum tactic.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2012, 12:20:38 pm »

I'm going to be sending him another prod now, unrequested. If he hasn't at least responded to me by the end of night, he'll be up for replacement.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2012, 12:36:55 pm »

PFP

Toaster: I didn't (and still don't) think that both Toony and Dar are Cybrids: Their dislike of each other seems genuine. I thought it more likely that one might be Cybrid, and that their partner (I assume at least 2 Cybrid in the game) could drop the hammer on me.

Tir: It's just little things like your response to Toony here. You lay into him for not answering an obvious softball/rhetorical/joke question. Hell, it wasn't even your question! And then you two just go 'round and 'round about it. You blast Think in your very first post for, as I see it, providing specific information? You seem to be very combative about seemingly innocent questions.

Out of time, will try to post again before day end. May have time for short responses if anyone has questions.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2012, 12:50:12 pm »

RVS, Hapah. Everyone has his own way. Also, I didn't go 'round and 'round it, conversation started on everything else that spawned from the answer to it.

Why do you find such questioning suspicious? Is it wrong to assert?

Toaster: I didn't (and still don't) think that both Toony and Dar are Cybrids: Their dislike of each other seems genuine. I thought it more likely that one might be Cybrid, and that their partner (I assume at least 2 Cybrid in the game) could drop the hammer on me.
About this, Cybrids? Why not Rebels?

What does dislike have to do here? Do you see it glaringly obvious, that there is no hammer?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2012, 01:31:25 pm »

Tir: I guess, but it's such a trivial question to attack someone over. It'd be like if someone really blasted Urist for not responding to my "lol you claimed Cybrid" post.

And Cybrid and not Rebel because of how the game starts. Don't Cybrids know who other Cybrids are, but Imps and Rebs start in the dark? I don't have a chat, in any case.

Dar and Toony are slinging mud at each other. It's not that scum can't come up with good arguments for each other, but that tit-for-tat posting and accusations between those two makes me think they aren't together (or don't know that they are, at least). That tone is kinda hard to replicate on command. I can't do it, anyway.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2012, 03:46:39 pm »

Book:  Bull.  What else was a shit-slinging vote, if it's something I've been doing a lot of?

Yes, I am quite convinced he is scum.  I think he is a cybrid trying to get someone lynched that isn't someone on his team. 

Lazy, lazy, lazy.
This is exactly what you're doing. Lazily jumping on a newbie for taking the (ostensibly intentionally laid) bait of Hapah's bandwagon vote. Other than that, what do you have on him? For what purpose do you want him to hang?

Here's where it's clear you don't understand my case.  I voted him here when he moved to my scummiest pick.  At this point, it was as much pressure as a lynch vote.  However, once this post and this post came out, it became 100% lynch.  My case was stated in the posts you've quoted, but I'll say it again.  I accused him of slinging his vote around, so he- without even acknowledging my vote- backed off his vote and held himself back from using it again.  He changed his behavior under pressure, which is a big red flag in my book.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 32