Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32

Author Topic: Cybrid 5:The Tunnels Of Mars-Game End: Rebel Vittry (Plus Survivor plus scum)  (Read 58629 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid 5: The Tunnels of Mars - Day 1: It's all downhill from here.
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2012, 03:29:18 pm »

Vote Count

Hapah(2) <- borno, Urist Imiknorris
Dariush(1) <- Toaster
ToonyMan(2) <- Tiruin, Dariush
Urist Imiknorris(1) <- zombie urist
Tiruin(2) <- ToonyMan, Think0028
borno(1) <- Bookthras

Not Voting: Hapah, obolisk
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:02:35 am by GlyphGryph »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2012, 03:43:35 pm »

EBWOP:

borno

You missed this.

Toaster:
Borno:  Who do you suspect and why?  I think you're still voting me, but your post had broken quotes.
You. Although your question is not much to base a vote on, Its still the most scummy thing I've seen so far.
For Xmas, Santa is bringing you a mirror. And really, that is the most scummy thing? Seems to me you are keeping your vote on whoever has pressured you the most.
The most scummy thing I've seen. I don't have enough time for mafia in weekdays, but I'll probably have time to re-read the thread now that its the weekends.
Why is Toaster's question the most scummy thing you've ever seen, and why aren't you pushing your cause on him to fortify your vote?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2012, 03:54:58 pm »

Hapah:
I made myself out to look a fool with my last couple of posts intentionally.
Maybe. Or maybe you were caught in a scummy act, and your predictable scummy reaction was to backpedal fast, and claim "uh, I meant to do that! it was a trap for the scums!" as justification. I don't quite buy it.
Skepticism is good. If everyone was simply nodding their heads I'd be worried.

The couple games that I've been in here have shown me that I'm poor at scumhunting, so I decided to try this little stunt. Questions get us going round and round on D1 (but are still useful, for context in later days), but I was hoping actions could be more telling. And if I want people to act, I need to give them a reason to act.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2012, 09:48:58 pm »

Roughly 24 hours until day end

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2012, 11:23:26 pm »

Dariush:
Dariush:  I'd argue you're attacking him simply because you like attacking him, in the same sense that you were always after NUKE when he played.  You don't react well to differences in style, rather than actual scumminess.
Wrong. I outlined my case yesterday. You ignored it completely...

Waaaait a miiiinute. Why are you defending Toony using his own arguments?

I didn't ignore it. I read it and countered with my own interpretation of events, which I still stand by.  To answer your question, it is because we share the same opinion- that you seek after people you don't like the style of.

Nevertheless, while I think your case is built on bile instead of suspicion, I think you at least come by it honest and that you believe what you're saying.  Unvote Dariush.

Borno:  You, however, are slinging shit just to see what sticks.

OK, finished re-reading the thread. Unvote:
Please answer these: what's your read on Hapah's bandwagon vote, Tiruin's wall of questions, Toony's reactions to it, and Dariush's reactions to that?
I thought that Hapah's posts looks like no effort was put into them, and that they were just made to un-even votes against himself. Tiruin doesn't seem to be too scummy in my eyes. Toony's response was justified, as it is RVS, and Dariush's response can be justified in the same way.
Where is your answer to
Please answer these: what's your read on Hapah's bandwagon vote, Tiruin's wall of questions, Toony's reactions to it, and Dariush's reactions to that
I'll get to that once I've re-read the thread.
Right here.

Lazy, lazy, lazy.  Could you put any less effort into your vote, your response, and into the game as a whole?  You just hopped off me when you realize no one was buying your nonsense and hopped on to somebody who was getting lots of attention.  You posted three times between the post of his in question and your vote of him- I simply don't believe you could have read that post, not reacted to it, then come around and base your whole case off it at a later date.

Hapah:  The Solifuge Strategy is not one I'm a fan of- you better be careful with doing that.  I'm still keeping an eye on you.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 10, 2012, 11:46:39 pm »

Hapah:
As promised, here are my reasons for voting you:

It seemed as though you were voting people to get the tie off you, not voting them because you were suspicious of them
Your posts didn't have enough reasons; looked lazy
You were just going onto a bandwagon

Of course, as Bookthras said, you might of been using it as an excuse for a scum slip. But I guess I'll unvote for now.

Tiruin:
EBWOP:

borno

You missed this.

Toaster:
Borno:  Who do you suspect and why?  I think you're still voting me, but your post had broken quotes.
You. Although your question is not much to base a vote on, Its still the most scummy thing I've seen so far.
For Xmas, Santa is bringing you a mirror. And really, that is the most scummy thing? Seems to me you are keeping your vote on whoever has pressured you the most.
The most scummy thing I've seen. I don't have enough time for mafia in weekdays, but I'll probably have time to re-read the thread now that its the weekends.
Why is Toaster's question the most scummy thing you've ever seen, and why aren't you pushing your cause on him to fortify your vote?
I only had a question he asked, and the vote didn't get much more out of him, so I decided to drop it.
Toaster:
You ninja.  ;D

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2012, 12:03:17 am »

Unvote. I see the two posts were talking from different points of view.
Zombie, Imiknorris: Please give me your read of Toaster, Hapah, and each other, and ask each of those a question.
Toaster, Hapah:rebel
UI: not sure, leaning towards imperial.
Hapah: Why do so many of your posts promise more content later? And where is this promised content? Have some examples.
Toaster: What's the "solifuge strategy"? Also why aren't you following "Toaster's #1 scumtell" this game? See above.
UI: What are your reasons for voting Hapah?

Can't have a 4-way tie. Borno please explain this:
I'm not too confident of my abilities; but the only way to learn is to play. I'm quite sure about this game, though.
I am confident in my abilities, but having more people on my side then on the other would be part of my win conditions, so it would be easier to win if I had a lot of people on my side.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2012, 12:16:24 am »

Unvote. I see the two posts were talking from different points of view.
Zombie, Imiknorris: Please give me your read of Toaster, Hapah, and each other, and ask each of those a question.
Toaster, Hapah:rebel
UI: not sure, leaning towards imperial.
Hapah: Why do so many of your posts promise more content later? And where is this promised content? Have some examples.
Toaster: What's the "solifuge strategy"? Also why aren't you following "Toaster's #1 scumtell" this game? See above.

Can't have a 4-way tie. Borno please explain this:
I'm not too confident of my abilities; but the only way to learn is to play. I'm quite sure about this game, though.
I am confident in my abilities, but having more people on my side then on the other would be part of my win conditions, so it would be easier to win if I had a lot of people on my side.
Oops. I guess I'm contradicting myself a bit there. I'm not to confident, but I'm pretty sure of myself. But why is that reason to jump on my bandwagon, Zombie Urist?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2012, 12:22:31 am »

Hapah:

It seemed as though you were voting people to get the tie off you, not voting them because you were suspicious of them

Of course, as Bookthras said, you might of been using it as an excuse for a scum slip. But I guess I'll unvote for now.

Of course, borno, as you said, you're repeating reasons of what Bookthras said and then unvote when you're called out on it.

Why did you unvote, and will you borrow from what Bookthras said, or give your own reasons why you unvoted?

Blatantly bandwagoning there?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2012, 12:44:21 am »

Tiruin: You're accusing him of bandwagoning an unvote?

Oops. I guess I'm contradicting myself a bit there. I'm not to confident, but I'm pretty sure of myself. But why is that reason to jump on my bandwagon, Zombie Urist?
How can you be not confident but sure of yourself? That's what confidence means. I'm voting you because you seem to be having trouble answering a very easy question. Are you confident or not?
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2012, 12:47:08 am »

Tiruin:
Hapah:

Of course, borno, as you said, you're repeating reasons of what Bookthras said and then unvote when you're called out on it.

Why did you unvote, and will you borrow from what Bookthras said, or give your own reasons why you unvoted?

Blatantly bandwagoning there?
I said that I was going to give my reasons later, and looking back, I realise that my reasons had already been said.  I unvoted him because, looking back, it appears that he really wasn't acting the same that he was in other games. Of course that could mean that he is scum, and cracking under pressure. But I didn't really have much to go on then.
Zombie Urist:
I'm getting confused right now. I'm not overly confident, but I still am confident, even though its only a little bit.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2012, 12:51:49 am »

Quick post before bed.

ZU: It's sometimes hard for me to block out time to write up a proper post. It's usually easy for me to sneak in a short one even if I'm at work, though. As for the examples:

The first example was pending a re-read of the whole Dar/Toony/Tiruin thing, which I've now completed (Toony was right, I think I would have preferred the nails-on-chalkboard). I don't have the time for a long writeup, but the short version is that I think Toony looks a little better after reread, Tiruin looks a little worse, and Dariush is Dariush. Toony seems better at outlining his reasons (and more willing to, as well), and I'm seeing more static than answers from Tiruin.

The second one was me trying to bait the hook. I'm not very good at it. :/

And I'd completely forgotten about the third, honestly.

Toaster: I kinda figured it had a name! I actually put a little more thought into it than you'd think would be necessary: The only other time I've wanted to make myself look scummy is as Jester, and I like to play that with a lighter touch. I had to act like an oaf for this one to work.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2012, 12:56:52 am »

Tiruin: You're accusing him of bandwagoning an unvote?
Um, no. He voted on Hapah then unvoted.

How did you get to that reasoning?

Tiruin:
=snip=
-snip-
I said that I was going to give my reasons later, and looking back, I realise that my reasons had already been said.  I unvoted him because, looking back, it appears that he really wasn't acting the same that he was in other games. Of course that could mean that he is scum, and cracking under pressure. But I didn't really have much to go on then.
Could you quote-snip those reasons? Also, you...are doing such because of comparison to what he did in other games?

Do you believe meta is an efficient way to scumhunt? And of course, it could mean he is scum.

Why didn't you press him, then? Where I see it, Hapah didn't even address your vote on him, then you directly unvoted because people were calling you out on it.

PPE: Hapah
Yes, the whole argument is muchly like that.
Could you outline what you mean by Toony looks better, I look worse and Dariush looks like himself?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2012, 02:30:12 am »

Toony, pretty much nothing of what you say has any relation to what I say. It is randomly riddled with pointless sarcasm, deflections and simply unrelated shit. Your last adressed to me part of your WoT had exactly one sane tidbit, about Tiruin. It is entirely possible that someone has enough time or ability (think school computer) to read the thread, but not enough to actually post.

ZU, why are you bandwagoning Borno close to the day end for a pretty weak reason? (er, ninja'd)

Hapah:
The first example was pending a re-read of the whole Dar/Toony/Tiruin thing, which I've now completed (Toony was right, I think I would have preferred the nails-on-chalkboard). I don't have the time for a long writeup, but the short version is that I think Toony looks a little better after reread, Tiruin looks a little worse, and Dariush is Dariush. Toony seems better at outlining his reasons (and more willing to, as well), and I'm seeing more static than answers from Tiruin.

The second one was me trying to bait the hook. I'm not very good at it. :/

And I'd completely forgotten about the third, honestly.
That is extremely lazy. How about oh I dunno, quotes to support your opinion?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2012, 02:51:14 am »

Dariush:
Because the Imperials have a number advantage, so if the cybrid gets gone D1, Imperials win, Rebels lose.
Nope. Firstly, cybrid may get pulled from the imperial pool as well as rebel one, so they may also lose due to Cybrid lynch. Secondly, a faction must lack killing roles from the beginning for it to lose after a cybrid lynch.
1: Derp.
2: Oh yeah, martyrs are technically killing roles, aren't they.

Hapah:
And finally, I thought UI was alignment-fishing a lot
That's sort of the point of scumhunting.

I made myself out to look a fool with my last couple of posts intentionally. The ideal response would have been someone nailing me to the wall once I made myself an easy target; this would strongly suggest (to me, anyway) that either Dar or Toony was a Cybrid, as I would have been the perfect scapegoat/distraction to get their ally off the hook. Being able to point at a group of three and say "two are probably Cybrid" would have been DAMN nice, but I didn't get that "guns blazing" sort of response that I was hoping for.
Ah, so you're covering for your bandwagon by claiming it's a gambit? So tell me, what do you infer from the lack of the expected reaction?

As what faction? And there are a LOT of unknowns there, but I could try to take a stab at it.
Your own, perhaps?

borno:
OK, finished re-reading the thread. Unvote:
Please answer these: what's your read on Hapah's bandwagon vote, Tiruin's wall of questions, Toony's reactions to it, and Dariush's reactions to that?
I thought that Hapah's posts looks like no effort was put into them, and that they were just made to un-even votes against himself. Tiruin doesn't seem to be too scummy in my eyes. Toony's response was justified, as it is RVS, and Dariush's response can be justified in the same way.
Nice bandwagon with no actual pursuing of your target.

You don't need to vote to OMGUS, you know.

Book:
Reads:
Toaster: Haven't seen anything really off about him - neutral read, leaning imperial.
Hapah: may be imperial, probably not rebel, may be cybrid, more data needed.
zombie urist: I don't think he's cybrid, but I'm leaning slightly rebel on him, as his borno vote seems a bit contrived.

Questions:
Toaster: Can't think of one. Deal with it, it's 4 AM.
Hapah: Look up.
ZU: Look down.

ZU:
I decided to try to hammer away at someone until I got a better read on them. I picked Hapah.

Why did you vote borno over Toony, Dariush, or Tiruin?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 32