Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32

Author Topic: Cybrid 5:The Tunnels Of Mars-Game End: Rebel Vittry (Plus Survivor plus scum)  (Read 58633 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid 5: The Tunnels of Mars - Day 1: It's all downhill from here.
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2012, 12:33:20 pm »

Unvote Toony.  I was curious to see your reaction to an obviously bad question.  Seemed pretty reasonable.

Think:
1) The reason I mentioned an Enforcer instead of a cop was to in fact elicit a change in response: the existence of a cop is always in question til he dies, but it's pretty obvious when an Enforcer is around. The faction of the Enforcer matters in case you suspect he'd go after Imps or Rebels first if he was one faction or the other.

Why neglect the possibility that the "Enforcer" is actually a SK Cybrid?

Borno:  You're right- I am fishing for your alignment.  I would say yes, I'm happy with my alignment, and nice try sucker.

Dariush:  Are you going for a railroad lynch on Toony?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2012, 12:46:59 pm »

Dariush:  Are you going for a railroad lynch on Toony?
Nope. My vote was the second on him (with the first being your RVS one), it's early in the first day and I may juuuust have meant is as a pressure vote.

Toony, there you go again. Why! Are! You! Shouting?! Also this:
Oh no that makes absolutely no sense.  Tiruin hasn't even read (or at least hasn't replied) to me yet Dariush you twit.  For him presently he doesn't even know what the situation is right now beyond his first few posts.  He has made no attempt to target me since he plans to target everybody!
Pretty nice slip right there. That is an implication you know more than him if I ever saw one. Explain your words.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2012, 03:58:57 pm »

Woah shocker the same two people that always vote me are voting me again.  Time to go around in circles.

Very nice try to goad me with that there. What reasonable questions have you asked me?
They were accusations mostly.  If you really love questions that much then can you actually respond to my accusations with something?  It would really help.

Well, other than telling me that I asked too many questions, I ask you the same I did to Hapah. Are questions bothering you? And on your note on the "wall of text", it's pretty easy to read and see what I'm trying to say. You seem to be implying something else, though.
Yeah, what I'm saying is you build up a cache to distance yourself from what attacking players on you are even trying to accomplish.  It's like blocking a question instead of evading it.

**I'd like a nice response from Think too (about me and you).**

Don't imply that I'm not keeping an eye, by that 'hasn't even read'. Or are you trying to subtly set things in stone, judging by your tone there? Or the formatting.
Question is pointless, I doubt I could influence others by simply 'making up stuff'.  Everything I say is coherent and reasonable.  Are you admitting to reading the thread and then ignoring it?  I can find that understandable if nothing has really come up but that's not the case here.

Toony, there you go again. Why! Are! You! Shouting?! Also this:
Oh no that makes absolutely no sense.  Tiruin hasn't even read (or at least hasn't replied) to me yet Dariush you twit.  For him presently he doesn't even know what the situation is right now beyond his first few posts.  He has made no attempt to target me since he plans to target everybody!
Pretty nice slip right there. That is an implication you know more than him if I ever saw one. Explain your words.
Can't I assume if he hasn't posted then he hasn't read the game?  I would be making him too bad a player otherwise.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2012, 06:36:22 pm »

Zombie Urist:
Borno: You missed my question.
Ugh. I had my answer all typed up, but then it got deleted.

I am confident in my abilities, but having more people on my side then on the other would be part of my win conditions, so it would be easier to win if I had a lot of people on my side.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2012, 09:02:18 pm »

I'm burning time here so I'll put up some of my unanswered questions.

Think, why is everybody posting the same way you are?  Is your team functioning too well?
This was a RVS vote but I want at least a response or there's no reason to unvote Think.

Toony:  What kind of Cybrid are you this time?
I'm not actually a Cybrid this time.
The question was: What kind. You answer with 'not'. Why so? And, 'this time'?
Have you ever heard of a loaded question?  I can't answer his question because I'm not a cybrid!  Do tell me how I could possibly answer his question.  It was not a hypothetical or anything which might have slipped you up.
You oddly missed my single question to you in this post Tiruin.  Did you realize your failings and decided to ignore it?  That's no good.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2012, 09:41:46 pm »

Roughly 24 hours until day end.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2012, 09:49:14 pm »

Dariush:  I don't understand your case on Toony.  Please explain it to me.

Book:  With Dariush's response, do you still think your vote should stay on him?

Borno:  Who do you suspect and why?  I think you're still voting me, but your post had broken quotes.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2012, 11:00:02 pm »

Hapah:
I find it interesting that you didn't put in your quote that was in my question to you. Did you think people might take it out of context?
Meh. Mostly I just don't like nested quotes.

I'll take what I can get, in any case.
You will, eh? Why?

borno: Either Imperial or Rebel, since they're both functionally similar. I don't enjoy scum as much as town, typically.
And what are you basing this difference in enjoyment on? I don't seem to remember you being scum ever. Already answered for the most part.

I'll take what I can get, though; if I was a Rebel and someone derped and outed themselves as a Cybrid, sure I'd lynch 'em.
That'd most likely result in an Imperial win though, wouldn't it?

I have a bad feeling about you, and you're not likely to be a rebel.

Toony:
Yeah, what I'm saying is you build up a cache to distance yourself from what attacking players on you are even trying to accomplish.  It's like blocking a question instead of evading it.
Would you kindly elaborate on exactly what the fuck this means, preferably in small words? I'm feeling stupid this evening and can't figure out what you're saying.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2012, 11:05:46 pm »

GG:
Dude, you're not going to end the day during the weekend, are you? I assumed it would end on Monday.

Toaster:
Why does it trouble you if I'm voting Dariush?
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 11:08:17 pm »

GG:
Dude, you're not going to end the day during the weekend, are you? I assumed it would end on Monday.

Wait what? This.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 11:19:37 pm »

It was SUPPOSED to end in 48 hours - I gave you guys an extra 24 because I thought you'd appreciate having some more time, even if it fell on a weekend.

But fine, we'll end on Monday night if two more people want to (not using up your extend), but I can't promise that means you'll have your results then - Mondays are like the worst possible night for me, I probably won't be able to actually process the day end until at least Tuesday..

From then on out we'll be reverting to my standard 48hr day, 24hr night schedule.

If this isn't acceptable, let me know in the other thread - we can discuss it there.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 11:36:10 pm by GlyphGryph »

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2012, 11:20:27 pm »

Toaster:
Borno:  Who do you suspect and why?  I think you're still voting me, but your post had broken quotes.
You. Although your question is not much to base a vote on, Its still the most scummy thing I've seen so far.
Did you think that I would fall for that question because I am fairly new to Mafia? Plus, you even wouldn't answer the question when I asked it back at you.
And yeah, I realised too late that my post was broken.

Urist Imiknorris:
borno: Either Imperial or Rebel, since they're both functionally similar. I don't enjoy scum as much as town, typically.
And what are you basing this difference in enjoyment on? I don't seem to remember you being scum ever. Already answered for the most part.

I'll take what I can get, though; if I was a Rebel and someone derped and outed themselves as a Cybrid, sure I'd lynch 'em.
That'd most likely result in an Imperial win though, wouldn't it?

I have a bad feeling about you, and you're not likely to be a rebel.
[/quote]
What do you mean by that? How does it matter that he's not a rebel?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2012, 12:17:21 am »

borno: Preview button, man. Preview. Button.

UI: Let me clarify. As a Rebel, I'd prefer that the D1 lynch flip Imperial. Cybrid flips are still good, of course, but I'd prefer an Imp flip.

And if a Cybrid does derp it up and confirm that he is, in fact, a cybrid, of course I'd like to lynch him. It's a great lynch for the Imps, and I'd take a near-certain Cybrid lynch over a possible mislynch as a Rebel.

What's up with the crossed-out line? I don't get it, but I am all kinds of tired. Yell at me if I missed something.

Mod: +1 on the freebie weekend-extend. I think the Saturday ending might catch a few people off guard, judging from the replies so far.

I'll make a real post once I stumble out of bed in the morning.

I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2012, 01:03:03 am »

Weekend extend pfp
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2012, 02:57:53 am »

Woah shocker the same two people that always vote me are voting me again.  Time to go around in circles.
And your point is?... It's not my fault if you're being the same fuckass as you always are, even though this time it's of a slightly different flavor.
Can't I assume if he hasn't posted then he hasn't read the game?
First, that's wrong. Second, way to ignore my question about shouting for the second post in a row.

Dariush:  I don't understand your case on Toony.  Please explain it to me.
- Reaction to Tiruin's question;
- Either panicking or simply pointless shouting;
- Consistent ignoring of my questions about the above;
- Implication that the fact that I've voted him in past games means that my case this time ought to be dismissed out of hand.

Servant Corps, why did you hack GG's account? Or if you didn't:
GG, how about a votecount BEFORE THE DAY ENDING?! Did some of SC's utter inability to run a game rub off on this gametype and you picked it up? :-/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 32