Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32

Author Topic: Cybrid 5:The Tunnels Of Mars-Game End: Rebel Vittry (Plus Survivor plus scum)  (Read 58615 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid 5: The Tunnels of Mars - Day 1: It's all downhill from here.
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2012, 06:15:24 am »

Woah shocker the same two people that always vote me are voting me again.  Time to go around in circles.

Don't imply that I'm not keeping an eye, by that 'hasn't even read'. Or are you trying to subtly set things in stone, judging by your tone there? Or the formatting.
Question is pointless, I doubt I could influence others by simply 'making up stuff'.  Everything I say is coherent and reasonable.  Are you admitting to reading the thread and then ignoring it?  I can find that understandable if nothing has really come up but that's not the case here.
Coherent and reasonable in your eyes. From where I see it, you're throwing implications into my face and one-sided questions. Just reading this thread and ignoring it won't help my cause at all.

Scumhunting, bro. You can't win if you ignore everything.

Hm, about that vote.

Pressure.

Does that add up? It looks like it does, and it looks like it's working perfectly. And nice work on noticing those votes, shocking how mine sticks to you now. Putting an 'always' fits the case.

Toony:  What kind of Cybrid are you this time?
I'm not actually a Cybrid this time.
The question was: What kind. You answer with 'not'. Why so? And, 'this time'?
Have you ever heard of a loaded question?  I can't answer his question because I'm not a cybrid!  Do tell me how I could possibly answer his question.  It was not a hypothetical or anything which might have slipped you up.
You oddly missed my single question to you in this post Tiruin.  Did you realize your failings and decided to ignore it?  That's no good.
Have you ever heard of a rhetorical question? Testing there.

Of course I heard of it, I'd bet you knew about it too, seeing as you posed one on me in the last Imperial-Rebel-Cybrid style mafia (Servant's). But as you've brought that notion up, how do you see that as a loaded question?

Servant Corps, why did you hack GG's account? Or if you didn't:
GG, how about a votecount BEFORE THE DAY ENDING?! Did some of SC's utter inability to run a game rub off on this gametype and you picked it up? :-/
Mod: I, too, want it to end on Monday.

Servant made a slip-up in that game, let it rest.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2012, 08:09:30 am »

Quote from: Dariush
GG, how about a votecount BEFORE THE DAY ENDING?! Did some of SC's utter inability to run a game rub off on this gametype and you picked it up? :-/
The majority of me votecounts are upon request - I almost never make one before the last 24 hours otherwise. Yeesh, you've been in enough of my games to know that. :P I'll also usually do a votecount or two as the end of day gets closer, which is no longer the case for this game. If you want a votecount - ask!

However, since I was checking in to do one now anyway, and that's kind of like a request, I'll throw one out. ;)

Votecount:
Hapah(2) <- Urist Imiknorris, Borno
Dariush(2) <- Toaster, Bookthras
ToonyMan(2) <- Tiruin, Dariush
Tiruin(1) <- Think0028
Urist Imiknorris(1) <- Hapah
Think0028(1) <- ToonyMan
Borno(1) <- zombie urist

Not Voting: obolisk

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2012, 08:37:18 am »

Hapah:
UI: Let me clarify. As a Rebel, I'd prefer that the D1 lynch flip Imperial. Cybrid flips are still good, of course, but I'd prefer an Imp flip.

And if a Cybrid does derp it up and confirm that he is, in fact, a cybrid, of course I'd like to lynch him. It's a great lynch for the Imps, and I'd take a near-certain Cybrid lynch over a possible mislynch as a Rebel.
But for a Rebel, a D1 Cybrid lynch wouldn't be good - it would be an almost-certain D1 Imperial win.

What's up with the crossed-out line? I don't get it, but I am all kinds of tired. Yell at me if I missed something.
It was a question I wanted to ask you but then saw that you had basically already answered. Feel free to answer it anyway if you want.

If an Imperial was lynched D1, a cybrid was lynched D2 (note: a cybrid, not the cybrid, and not an Infiltrator), and an Imperial was killed N2, how would you go about D3? Who would you be looking for and how would you go about finding them?

borno:
What do you mean by that? How does it matter that he's not a rebel?
The bad feeling? I think he's scum of some sort (and I'm still trying to figure out what's making me think that), but since he's probably not a rebel (see my first response above), that leaves cybrid or survivor.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2012, 08:59:32 am »

But for a Rebel, a D1 Cybrid lynch wouldn't be good - it would be an almost-certain D1 Imperial win.
Waitwhatwhy?

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2012, 09:09:53 am »

Because the Imperials have a number advantage, so if the cybrid gets gone D1, Imperials win, Rebels lose.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2012, 09:23:52 am »

Because the Imperials have a number advantage, so if the cybrid gets gone D1, Imperials win, Rebels lose.
Nope. Firstly, cybrid may get pulled from the imperial pool as well as rebel one, so they may also lose due to Cybrid lynch. Secondly, a faction must lack killing roles from the beginning for it to lose after a cybrid lynch.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2012, 12:16:32 pm »

First things first, Unvote.

Hapah:
Daruish already hit it; that'd only be true if there were Cop roles and nothing else. And I'll take a lynch on a certain enemy over a potential ally.

It was a question I wanted to ask you but then saw that you had basically already answered. Feel free to answer it anyway if you want.
Oh, okay. I thought it'd just be deleted, but I couldn't figure out if there was a question or somethin' there that I wasn't seeing.

If an Imperial was lynched D1, a cybrid was lynched D2 (note: a cybrid, not the cybrid, and not an Infiltrator), and an Imperial was killed N2, how would you go about D3? Who would you be looking for and how would you go about finding them?
As what faction? And there are a LOT of unknowns there, but I could try to take a stab at it.

The fact that there was no N1 kill is the thing that immediately jumps out, regardless.

And, Toony. Daruish's case seems reasonable enough, especially considering this is only D1: We don't really have much to go on.

Also, where are Think and Obol?
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2012, 12:22:20 pm »

...Do you write my name wrong on purpose?

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2012, 12:28:13 pm »

No, lol. I just got it wrong the first time and wasn't corrected. I'll see if I can get it right from now on, Dariush.

Think0028

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2012, 02:23:07 pm »

Toony: Wow, I'm an idiot. Totally missed your vote+question. As for why everyone's asking questions like me, I blame the fact that I was the first poster and people were subtly influenced by how amazingly intelligent I was. That or my questions were just fairly normal theoretical questions that are one of the more interesting RVS questions to do.

You want my opinion on you and Tiruin, to be clear? I don't see a particular question you're asking, just demanding an answer. Currently my opinion about you two is that you've latched onto each other due to your conflicting personalities. That said, I still want to inquire further.

Question for you: why should I tell you what I think of you? Are you trying to get an ally against Tiruin in your argument?

Tiruin: Hell of a reaction test, voting me because of a question. You've been taking some weird-ass interpretations of Toony's posts. He's saying that you hadn't read the thread, because you weren't posting (not even unusually not posting, just you hadn't posted yet). Then you disagree. Then he asks if you read the thread and not post. Then you disagree. What is it? There are times where you aren't posting. What are you doing in those times?

Hapar: Events outside my control kept me away from a computer from 8:00 am to 11:30 pm yesterday. Did get to see the Avengers finally, though.

zombie urist: The VK test is designed to test people's reactions. It's a reaction test, if you will. I try to mix things up with my RVS questions.

Dariush: It doesn't make any difference what desert, it's completely hypothetical.

Toaster: Part of the reason is I forgot, but the other part is I didn't want to have the Cybrids be obviously the biggest threat in the scenario.
If it scares people into posting, then yes.

If they end up lynched because they didn't post, oh well. Too bad for them. Maybe they should've tried posting.
Web-based Lurker Tracker for Mafia

Bookthras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie does not want you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2012, 02:56:32 pm »

Borno:
Ugh. I had my answer all typed up, but then it got deleted.
Ugh. Had my post all ready, but then I accidentally deleted it.
"I was going to post, but my browser ate it" is a typical scummy excuse for activelurking. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Two strikes so far.

Borno: Are you happy with your alignment?  Which role in that alignment would you most like to be?
Is it just me, or are you fishing? If you were a rebel, and I said I was an imperial, you would try to lynch me, would you not?
You are panicking over a question regarding your alignment. Betraying your fears like a noobscum would. Answer please: are you or are you not happy with your alignment? If you could have chosen, which alignment would you have preferred?

Toaster:
Borno:  Who do you suspect and why?  I think you're still voting me, but your post had broken quotes.
You. Although your question is not much to base a vote on, Its still the most scummy thing I've seen so far.
For Xmas, Santa is bringing you a mirror. And really, that is the most scummy thing? Seems to me you are keeping your vote on whoever has pressured you the most.

Please answer these: what's your read on Hapah's bandwagon vote, Tiruin's wall of questions, Toony's reactions to it, and Dariush's reactions to that?

Hapah:
And, Toony. Daruish's case seems reasonable enough, especially considering this is only D1: We don't really have much to go on.
Really? His case boils down to "reaction to Tiruin", plus being loud & hardheaded. Is this what you are using as justification for a third-on-bandwagon vote? Suspicious of you to jump on it, I think.

Mod: request prod on Obolisk, please.

Obolisk: when you get here, please give your general reads on the game, and answer the questions I ask Borno above, and also answer the RVS questions I asked Tiruin & Zombie on this post.
No one ever listens to Zathras, no. Quite mad, they say.  |  That ain't a shepherd.

Zathras hefts the corpse-of-webadict puppet and works its mouth: "I declare world peace! Yay! All hail Zathras!"
Everyone is handsomely rewarded, and lives happily ever after.  Except for Bookthras, who dies of poison in the night.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2012, 04:16:39 pm »

Book: Isn't your case on borno essentially "reaction to Toaster" and "I don't think your browser really ate your posts" ?

Barring a major foot-in-mouth moment, all anyone has to go on right now is suspicions and reactions. At the time I cast my vote, there was a 3-way tie between myself, Toony, and Dariush (I checked the spelling just for you <3). I'm not going to vote myself, obviously; and I think Dariush looks a little better than Toony. I couldn't make a case on either that's bulletproof, and turning a 3-way tie into a 4-way tie isn't particularly helpful either, so I'm going with my gut.

And Toony still has 2 days to defend himself, too! We need to try to reach something that at least roughly resembles a consensus before D1 ends. I'll be away for a few hours, but I'll sneak in a total re-read and post later tonight.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2012, 05:54:15 pm »

Toony:
Yeah, what I'm saying is you build up a cache to distance yourself from what attacking players on you are even trying to accomplish.  It's like blocking a question instead of evading it.
Would you kindly elaborate on exactly what the fuck this means, preferably in small words? I'm feeling stupid this evening and can't figure out what you're saying.
They respond to the question directly with their own questions, not even answering what the initial person asked.  They're not evading because the topic is still the same but I can't say they're answering it either.

Woah shocker the same two people that always vote me are voting me again.  Time to go around in circles.
And your point is?... It's not my fault if you're being the same fuckass as you always are, even though this time it's of a slightly different flavor.
I think it does matter.  It shows that you have a personal grudge with me and aren't voting me for logical reasons.  Clear evidence to that would be myself flipping town and scum randomly on you.

Can't I assume if he hasn't posted then he hasn't read the game?
First, that's wrong. Second, way to ignore my question about shouting for the second post in a row.
So you are saying Tiruin acted scummy?  And I don't find using an exclamation point shouting because that's the only reason you can vote me and you're an idiot.  Hah!

Toony: Wow, I'm an idiot. Totally missed your vote+question. As for why everyone's asking questions like me, I blame the fact that I was the first poster and people were subtly influenced by how amazingly intelligent I was. That or my questions were just fairly normal theoretical questions that are one of the more interesting RVS questions to do.
You want my opinion on you and Tiruin, to be clear? I don't see a particular question you're asking, just demanding an answer. Currently my opinion about you two is that you've latched onto each other due to your conflicting personalities. That said, I still want to inquire further.

Question for you: why should I tell you what I think of you? Are you trying to get an ally against Tiruin in your argument?
Unvote Think.  Okeydokey.
I wanted to ask what you thought of me and Tiruin because I thought it would be better than just one of us by ourselves.

TIRUIN
Coherent and reasonable in your eyes. From where I see it, you're throwing implications into my face and one-sided questions. Just reading this thread and ignoring it won't help my cause at all.
Scumhunting, bro. You can't win if you ignore everything.
Hm, about that vote.
Pressure.
Does that add up? It looks like it does, and it looks like it's working perfectly. And nice work on noticing those votes, shocking how mine sticks to you now. Putting an 'always' fits the case.
Woah you got me man.  Voting me because you always vote me, genius.

Also did you just say you can't ignore the thread because you need to scum hunt?  That...I was accusing you of ignoring the thread!  Can you please answer if you actually willingly ignored the thread or not, clearly.

Toony:  What kind of Cybrid are you this time?
I'm not actually a Cybrid this time.
The question was: What kind. You answer with 'not'. Why so? And, 'this time'?
Have you ever heard of a loaded question?  I can't answer his question because I'm not a cybrid!  Do tell me how I could possibly answer his question.  It was not a hypothetical or anything which might have slipped you up.
You oddly missed my single question to you in this post Tiruin.  Did you realize your failings and decided to ignore it?  That's no good.
Have you ever heard of a rhetorical question? Testing there.
Of course I heard of it, I'd bet you knew about it too, seeing as you posed one on me in the last Imperial-Rebel-Cybrid style mafia (Servant's). But as you've brought that notion up, how do you see that as a loaded question?
It's not really rhetorical because you answered by saying "of course I heard of it".

Anyway here we have it.  Another mistake.  I question you how you could possibly answer that question legitimately aaaaand you just ask me a question about how I see it as a loaded question.  Can you see that?  You question me before answering my question, and you never plan to answer my questions like with the previous quote!  You're playing scummy Tiruin and it's not bullshit reasons like using exclamation marks.

I see it as a loaded question because I can't answer it.

"A loaded question is a question which contains a controversial or unjustified assumption, e.g., a presumption of guilt."
The presumptive guilt was Toaster already claiming me being a cybird.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2012, 06:39:36 pm »

Bookthras:
Borno:
Ugh. I had my answer all typed up, but then it got deleted.
Ugh. Had my post all ready, but then I accidentally deleted it.
"I was going to post, but my browser ate it" is a typical scummy excuse for activelurking. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Two strikes so far.
I was talking about the same post. I made a post in which I answered zombie urist, but deleted it. I said it at the top of my post, and when zombie questioned me about it, I answered the same. So, it was only once that I deleted my post.
Borno: Are you happy with your alignment?  Which role in that alignment would you most like to be?
Is it just me, or are you fishing? If you were a rebel, and I said I was an imperial, you would try to lynch me, would you not?
You are panicking over a question regarding your alignment. Betraying your fears like a noobscum would. Answer please: are you or are you not happy with your alignment? If you could have chosen, which alignment would you have preferred?
Sorry about missing a few questions, but I had to rush my post. Yes, I am happy with my alignment; The alignment that I would chose would be an imperial role.
Toaster:
Borno:  Who do you suspect and why?  I think you're still voting me, but your post had broken quotes.
You. Although your question is not much to base a vote on, Its still the most scummy thing I've seen so far.
For Xmas, Santa is bringing you a mirror. And really, that is the most scummy thing? Seems to me you are keeping your vote on whoever has pressured you the most.
[/quote]
The most scummy thing I've seen. I don't have enough time for mafia in weekdays, but I'll probably have time to re-read the thread now that its the weekends.
Please answer these: what's your read on Hapah's bandwagon vote, Tiruin's wall of questions, Toony's reactions to it, and Dariush's reactions to that?
I'll get to that once I've re-read the thread.
Anyway, who would you think is the most scummy person right now, except for me?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2012, 06:40:27 pm »

Yes, I do need to use the preview button more.
Mod: My vote is currently on toaster.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 32