Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47726 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Shinies
« Reply #330 on: August 10, 2012, 04:03:57 pm »

Derm observes the situation down below. 'Meh.'

Cupping his hands over his mouth, he shouted down "Could we get a move on then?"

Swim down a bit and just kinda follow along from the air. Do a backstroke for kicks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

HP: 25/30
MP: 7/41
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 04:14:56 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Where's a Strider When You Need One?
« Reply #331 on: August 10, 2012, 04:14:00 pm »

Talendir sighs. At least those shadows didn't seem to be overtly aggressive, and his teammates would have enough time to escape. On his side, the soldier also wondered why the figures were focusing him and the small woman he had saved...Well, the shadows themselves wanted him out of the place, and it was only a matter of common sense to leave the village.

The place was probably cursed or tainted somehow. He had found it strange...They hadn't seen anyone but the herbalist and her guard after all. And the woman that just appeared as well, of course.

Leave the place and head for the keep. If running is needed, put Lei under the arm again and leave the place.

"My name is Talendir." he says, staring at Lei with the corner of his eye.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 08:56:41 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 10, 2012, 04:29:10 pm »

"Ow."
Grab spear, take flight.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 09:04:13 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2012, 05:44:55 pm »

(If I get bad rolls... get someone else who has better luck to get them! Genius! Thankgoodness someone else thought of that xD)

Lei focussed on making the rocks go where she wanted, even forgetting to pretend her staff was doing it. Next thing she knew, she was seeing stars. ''Owww... owie ow...'' She rubbed her head quickly. She has never had to try and use her powers so much before, and her lack of practice was showing.
The shadows whispered now. To leave lest bad things happen. That was the gist anyway. Lei quickly focussed her mind on a message to them. As she formed it, she shouted the same message: ''We're trying!''
She stuck close to the warrior, who had already rescued her.
But she was hesitant to leave when there were others still being encircled (barring that weird wizard guy who was... swimming in mid-air?).

Next thing she knew, the warrior introduced himself. Caught a little off-guard, Lei panicked in her reply: ''Ah... L-Lei Senai! I-I've been sent by Freeholder Leira to kill a Lich.'' She said, forgetting the battle as she formed her sentence.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 10, 2012, 06:03:36 pm »

Sinterous let out a short bout of triumphant laughter after acquiring what he could salvage. He had so many ideas of what to use them for...
"Excellent, just what I was looking for! Mission quite successful, all in all. Daemon reagents are exceedingly hard to come by, and for good reason!"
Sinterous strolls after Talendir and Lei, tipping his hat to the nearest figures, continuing to wear a face-splitting grin.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #335 on: August 10, 2012, 08:02:44 pm »

Mina strides calmly to the exit, extruding an aura of good and righteousness.

She thinks about the implant, and wonders if it has any use Mina can think of.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: August 10, 2012, 09:03:14 pm »

Next thing she knew, the warrior introduced himself. Caught a little off-guard, Lei panicked in her reply: ''Ah... L-Lei Senai! I-I've been sent by Freeholder Leira to kill a Lich.'' She said, forgetting the battle as she formed her sentence.
Talendir nodded. It didn't come as a surprise; after all, it wouldn't be difficult for Freeholder Leira to keep sending more people to disappear in the possibly suicidal mission dubbed "valiant quest against evil".
"We were also sent in a mission by Freeholder to kill a Lich. I suppose you are staying with us then."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2012, 02:21:39 am »

"Hahahaha! I wonder how much I could sell this for!"
Suddenly, Hedric frowns, whispering to himself.
"Maybe there's more valuables, just locked inside here..."
After a moment of indecision, He suddenly starts jumping on it, twisting it in opposite directions, prying it apart with nearby sticks or even stones.
"Ngh... Open!"

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2012, 02:27:33 am »

"Do you walk in the Light, the path of Good and Law, Lei?" intones Mina as if taking an oath.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2012, 07:57:39 am »

''Eh-I-aya...'' She wasn't sure, but she could definately sense the warrior's dislike and the woman's own aura. You didn't need to be a telepath to sense friction. Ontop of everything else that was happening, it was getting a bit much. ''I-I just try to do what's right.'' She answered.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2012, 03:00:35 pm »

Derm

Looking rather bored, Derm circles around a few meters up, doing a lazy backstroke through the air. As the party moves towards the road, he follows behind.

____

Talendir

With a brief sigh, you [5] scoop Lei up and move down towards the road at a fast jog. Better to be away quickly, no doubt. She doesn't seem to mind the assistance. Once at what you feel is a safe distance, you set her down and look East. It is still too dark to determine if Brehelm Watch is within sight. With a shrug, you introduce yourself to Lei.
____

Aero

You tug at the end of your spear, trying to remove it from the daemon's face [2], but can't budge it at all.
____

Lei

Shouting and projecting your mental voice at the same time, you [6] convey to the spirits(?) that you are trying to leave.

Bugger off, lady. We weren't talking to you or meathead there.

You then introduce yourself to Talendir.
____

Sinterous

Bearing a positively shit-eating grin, you stroll down to where Talendir and Lei wait on the road, tipping your hat in passing to the shadows.
____

Mina

[5] Giving off your special Paladin Scent 3000, you stride through the gap in the circle. The figures bow to you as you pass, a token of respect. You rejoin the three of your comrades already on the road. You consider the possible uses of that implant [6], and are struck by knowledge that doesn't feel quite right in your mind. You think it might have been some sort of divine power-limiter placed to prevent the daemon from using very much strength.
____

Hedric

Employing your immense cunning and great lockpicking abilities, you beat and pry at the lock with twigs and pebbles, jumping up and down, twisting at it with your skinny little thief-arms. [5 + 1] Somehow, this works. The lock clicks several times before springing open. The sudden motion sends it rolling down the hill, scattering the contents from just at your feet to near your companions on the road.

Lose: Strange Metallic Sphere (Locked)

+2 XP
____

Each of you sees the strange little man you were waiting on beating the red-gold orb like a deranged savage. Suddenly, it spring open, rolling down the hill like a demented piñata. Strewn across the hillside are a number of things: three scrolls bound with runic seals; a strange pair of short rods linked by a chain; a large flask filled with a bright green liquid; four small vials filled with a sparkling gold liquid; a battered fedora; a pair of socks; and a pince-nez.

To the east, the horizon glows with crimson morning light. Aero says that he thinks he can see a trace of smoke to the North-East

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2012, 03:48:50 pm »

Talendir starts to walk alongside Lei after putting her down, his eyes varying from staring at her and watching the rest of the group moving away from the hill, eyeing the contents of the sphere and dismissing them as possible magical items and a new source of problem. The team would probably also argue and fight over its contents, causing more problems than good.

"That is the paladin that is with our group. She has some kind of parasite inside her as well, but her behavior was always like that." he remarks to Lei. "Do not mind her at all, our group is basically disfunctional."

Keep walking. If there is any food or water remaining on the backpack, give it to Lei.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 07:02:56 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: And The Sun Rises!
« Reply #342 on: August 11, 2012, 04:01:27 pm »

"I CALL THE SOCKS AND HAT! Hats for the head throne, socks for the feet god!"

Acquire socks, add fedora to towering pillar of hats.

HP: 25/30
MP: 12/41
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:03:10 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: August 11, 2012, 04:33:52 pm »

"Move, damn it!"
Aero continues trying to retrieve his spear. Once he has it back, go take the artifacts the others did not take.
"Move, damn it!"

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: August 11, 2012, 06:46:32 pm »

The spirits(?) response was not what she expected, but she was glad. In a selfish way. She was not the target, and felt regret at being unable to ascertain their intentions earlier.

''Uhh...'' Lei recovered some of her breath after having Talendir squeeze it out of her as she was carried. ''I... uh... a para-!'' Lei, holding her staff close, let it sink in a little what exactly was said, whilst fumbling a little from his attention. A paladin... she was used to those. But with a parasite? She looked to the paladin in question, worried and concerned. Still, she didn't have time to settle on any emotions.

Next thing she knew, contents were all over the ground. A weird set of glasses rested at her feat. ''Oh.'' Lei picked up the Pince Nez, before hiding a smile at the weird floating wizard's remarks. ''Uhm... is... anyone gonna help him?'' Lei pointed to the man with wings, as he struggled to get his spear.

Finally at a somewhat safe-ish place, she did what she suddenly knew she should have done way earlier. She looked over herself for anything damaged and her condition from the malnutrition. She also sent yet another mental scan, but this time just to the party members to ascertain their moods and mental condition.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 06:48:09 pm by Maxinum McDreich »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36