Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47687 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Hedric:

You stand up, brushing yourself off, and attempt to blame your new companions, "They were the ones doing it, miss! Say, do you think you could pay me for getting your brother back?" [3]

She laughs, "As if, jackass. You look like you're with them. So are you trying to ransom my brother? Because I think the guards would have something to say about that..."
____

Talendir

You attempt to stop the boy's spin and bring him back to the ground [5], and manage to do so, but you realize that he is still nearly weightless for some reason. He looks a little shaken up, but there probably isn't any serious physical harm. You try to slap Hedric with the back of your hand [1], but accidentally backhand yourself somehow. Everyone you're with stares at you for a moment, and you decide that your time would be better spent chasing after the real thief, [3] but quickly realize that he is long gone and that you aren't familiar enough with the town to guess where he might go.
____

Mina

You explain yourself to the woman, "I was doing my duty. As for these others, they seem to have been rather carried away." [4]

She replies to you, "Fair enough, I suppose, if you can explain why you were shouting at my brother in the first place."
____

Aero

You try to explain the misunderstanding to the woman [4], and succeed.

"Ah, so you thought the little rascal was stealing something? I suppose that is reasonable, though it doesn't excuse your behavior. How in the world did he start hovering, though? Don't tell me one of you is some sort of cruel magic user that enjoys tormenting people?"
____

Derm

Sick of the delays caused by your goody two-shoes meatshields, you attempt to teleport them to your side [1]. You accidentally reverse the flow of power and teleport yourself to them instead, right in the middle of the recently-defused confrontation.

-6 MP
____

Sinterous

You attempt to enchant your focus with a levitation spell yet again, [5], and finally succeed! The metal sphere now hovers several centimeters above surfaces when not in your grasp.

-4 MP

You hear a small *pop* as Derm disappears, leaving a little swirl of dust where he had been walking a moment ago.
____

((Oh my goodness. As soon as you've all finished making fools of yourselves, we can get on the road.  :P))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: (6/6) :: Stop Hitting Yourself
« Reply #91 on: June 07, 2012, 05:31:28 pm »

"Are you people done or are you going to stand here all day? Move."
Make their feet start walking and get the hell going.

HP: 30/30
MP: 36/40 (Regens 5 MP/turn)
Inventory: Towering Pillar of hats.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 05:50:09 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2012, 05:45:41 pm »

((...Sigh. Me slapping myself made absolutely no sense. You were using opposed rolls for that kind of thing, do you remember?

When the birdman took the letter, I mean. Contested rolls were used, so I don't understand why you forfeited them. Was that for effect of getting my soldier to slap himself?))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 06:03:07 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 07, 2012, 05:48:36 pm »

Raise an eyebrow and wait for everyone to catch up. Cast detect magic for the hell of it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 07, 2012, 07:13:06 pm »

((...Sigh. Me slapping myself made absolutely no sense. You were using opposed rolls for that kind of thing, do you remember?

When the birdman took the letter, I mean. Contested rolls were used, so I don't understand why you forfeited them. Was that for effect of getting my soldier to slap himself?))
((Apologies, that was my mistake. I think I was unconsciously not reading it as an "attack", per se. I'll make sure to avoid that in the future.

On a different note, posting three completely seperate actions for the same turn might be a bit much. But eh, as long as nobody objects, I'm okay with it.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:18:28 pm by Flying Dice »

3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2012, 07:20:28 pm »

((I still think that slapping myself in a {1} while the exact same roll fared way better for the sorcerer was going overboard. And he was using magic, which is way easier to have unfortunate effects than using your own hand.

It may sound I'm complaining for nothing, but I am doing this because I'm afraid I may stab myself in the face when I try to attack something.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:22:23 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 07, 2012, 07:24:51 pm »

"I'm real sorry lady. We're kinda new to the whole heroism business, and some of us overreacted a little."
Aero tries to get on her good side.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 07, 2012, 08:47:47 pm »

((I still think that slapping myself in a {1} while the exact same roll fared way better for the sorcerer was going overboard. And he was using magic, which is way easier to have unfortunate effects than using your own hand.

It may sound I'm complaining for nothing, but I am doing this because I'm afraid I may stab myself in the face when I try to attack something.))

((Actually, Derm got the exact opposite of what he was attempting as well. But no, I won't be doing this when you're fighting enemies. The less-serious consequences are partially because you are all basically mucking about without any real danger in the starting location, and because I don't want to TPK you with clumsiness. Hence [1] when you're slapping another player has you hit yourself for no damage, while [1] when you're dueling a swordsman or something would basically mean that if they got a successful roll you'd have a blade in the gut. I also was hesitant to have Derm splinch the four of you with his failed teleport, at least this early on. In hindsight, I probably should have made that a versus roll, if only for consistency, so >my bad<.  :) ))

3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 07, 2012, 08:57:43 pm »

((I think a badly failed magic roll should screw the caster, but whatever.))

Move towards the watch to get the script of the storyline moving with. Punch the sorcerer in the face if he uses any magic on me.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:59:45 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2012, 12:39:27 am »

((...Do you want to develop Hedric into Ratherio V2? Spinal_Taper is here as the birdman so you can hug each other again.))
((Ratherio was supposed to be a serious character. Hedric was supposed to be a serious too. Similarities already! But no, I don't exactly want to per se, but I guess time will tell for that.  :P

Yeah, I really need help in making serious characters.))

Hedric appeared flustered.
"No, no ma'am. I hardly think that guards are necessary. Not at all. Not one bit. But..."
He did his best attempt at bursting into tears. "I-Its just that I'm so poor, and my mum is dead..."
He then used his best puppy dog eyes.
"My dad would really appreciate the money..."
While this conversation is going on, Hedric hides his gem in a secret compartment hidden in his purse. (If this is acceptable.)

Stats: HP: 35/35
MP: 0/0
Skills:Nimble Hands, Leaps and Bounds.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:52:58 am by borno »

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2012, 08:28:47 am »

Say:

"Because I had to tell if he was guilty or not in order to decide the legality of helping or not," she says matter-of-factly, eyes and tone shifting slightly to that of the Law.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2012, 09:04:42 am »

Derm

You weave your power, attempting to force your companions to follow you out of town and onto the road. [5] v. [5] (Talendir; no effect); [4] (Hedric; slight effect); [3] (Aero; effect); [6] (Mina; reversed slightly)

Without waiting to see the exact effects, you start walking back towards where you had been, expecting the others to follow. A few moments later, your power twists about, jerking you back towards one of your meatshields, though you aren't sure which. You stumble for a step, but keep walking.

-12 MP
____

Sinterous

You wait impatiently for the rest of the party to leave town. You cast Detect Magic. [3] You think you feel magic somewhere, but you aren't sure of the source or distance. Maybe.

-3 MP
____

Aero

You shout back at the peasant woman as your legs disobey you, marching you out onto the road, "Sorry! I think we overreacted a bit!" [2]

She doesn't seem to notice you, though you aren't sure if she couldn't hear you or just didn't care.
_____

Talendir

You start to walk through the gate, when you feel a tingling sensation in your legs and feet. You notice Derm staring at you as it happens. Aero seems to be walking rather strangely. Following the others outside, you think you know what happened. You haul back, taking a swing at Derm [3] v. [5], but he dodges your clumsy blow with ease.
____

Hedric

You beg the woman for money, lying to gain sympathy [2], but she doesn't believe you and laughs in your face. You feel chills and tingling in your legs, and quickly leave town. You aren't quite sure what came over you.
____

Mina

"I needed to determine his guilt or lack thereof, in order to decide on a course of action," you declare, adopting Paladin Lecture Stance #4 [6], and it works quite well. The woman grabs her brother by the arm and quickly leads him away, occasionally glancing over her shoulder, as if to assure herself that you aren't following.

You feel rather good about yourself, but are rudely interrupted by some force which attempts to control your body. Of course, as a paladin you are used to supressing unnatural urges, and have little difficulty ignoring this one. You notice the rest of the party leaving town, some rather... strangely.
____

It is a clear day and the sun hangs high in the sky. Insects and birds dart around over the wild meadows and fields of grain around Greenhaven. You can see that the road heads into the forest blanketing the hills to the east. At the edge of the forest is some sort of stone arch, though it is too far off to make out any real detail. A pale blue light flickers just past the arch, only noticable because of the shadows cast by the trees above. You think that it will take around half an hour to reach the forest if you walk quickly.

3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2012, 09:07:31 am »

Keep walking.
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2012, 09:16:19 am »

Just keep walking, just keep walking, just keep just keep just keep walking~

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2012, 09:33:52 am »

"Finally. You bunch are slow as bricks, you know that?"

"Hrm, Haedric, let me see that gem of yours."

Walk.

HP: 30/30
MP: 29/40 (Regens 5 MP/turn)
Inventory: Towering Pillar of hats.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 36