Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47679 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress :: Ice, Ice Baby
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2012, 11:29:52 am »

"Now you're starting to ANNOY ME!"

Drop a tree on it.

HP: 18/30
MP: 28/40 (Regens 5 MP/turn)

(Am I barred from using spells similar to the starting skills I didn't pick?)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2012, 12:19:01 pm »

Defend teammates in danger if needed. If not, search for the source of the sorcery and destroy it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2012, 03:10:38 pm »

"W-wha?"
Hedric shook his head. He knew that the voices weren't actually real. He needed to get his priorities straight.

He analyses the being for any valuables!

Stats: HP: 35/35
MP: 0/0
Skills:Nimble Hands, Leaps and Bounds.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2012, 03:11:29 pm »

Charge and attack wisp.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2012, 03:26:07 pm »

THUNDA!

Aero flies into the air and pulls lightning from the heavens onto the wisp.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2012, 05:18:49 pm »

Sinterous

You mutter, rubbing your focus as you attempt to rip spikes of ice off with Levitation and hurl them at your foe. [3] v. [4] A few chunks of ice tumble lazily through the air, and the wisp moves slightly to avoid them.

-4 MP
____

You snarl at the orb as you engulf the base of a tree with your power, attempting to rip it free and bludgeon your foe. [5] v. [3] The tree crashes into the middle of the road, passing straight through the center of the glow. Swirls of light coalesce, reforming the orb, but it appears to be somewhat dimmer than before. Some of the patches of ice begin to melt.

-12 MP

+5 XP

((I'll allow it, but they will be markedly less effective without the skill.))
____

Talendir

You try to determine what the source of the magic is [4] and quickly conclude that the glowing magical ball of light is probably it. You look around to see if any of your teammates need help...
____

Hedric

Your natural instincts surface as you shake off the voices in your head, examining the wisp from afar to determine if it has anything of value. [1] You stare at the orb, thinking about how shiny it is, and fail to notice the tree slamming into it. A few acorns hit you on the head.
____

Mina

Charging at the wisp, you raise your sword and slash at it. [1] v. [3] Unfortunately, your sword passes straight through without any apparent effect, and you run straight into a tree which has just been violently transplanted into the middle of the road. A small spike of ice passes through the place where you were several seconds ago, missing you entirely. Your sword is stuck in the tree, and you try to shake the dizziness out of your head.

-3 HP
____

Aero

As you fly into the air shouting out "THUNDA!", you momentarily think of a red-haired catman holding a sword. Shrugging, you try to summon a bolt of lightning down onto the orb of light [6] v. [3] and succeed spectacularly! A massive, jagged streak of lightning cuts through the foliage and strikes the orb directly, releasing a brilliant flash of light. As it fades, a blue-white feather slowly drifts to the ground from where the wisp had been a moment ago.

A moment later, you smell smoke.

+5 XP
____

You all notice flames rising from the branches overhead, centered around the hole the lightning drilled through the canopy. The tree in the center of the road had also caught fire. A pale blue-white feather sits beneath the uprooted tree, casting a faint light on the road.

Talendir notices a chance to help, and moves to help Mina pry her sword out of the burning tree. It is deeply embedded [2 + 1] + [5] but the two of you working together manage to pull it free easily.

The forest is not as dry as it would have been in the autumn, but there is still enough dead wood and tinder for it to spread at a walking pace.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2012, 05:26:35 pm »

"This is a nice feather here..."

Grab feather and stroll on out.

HP: 18/30
MP: 11/40 (Regens 5 MP/turn)
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2012, 05:40:14 pm »

Fly Sinterrous out of the foest
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:38:29 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2012, 05:55:19 pm »

"It doesn't matter if you have wings or not, it's a magical feather, what are you going to even use it for? I'll tell you what, well talk about this when we're not in the middle of a burning forest and when I don't have a rapidly melting shard of ice in my gods damned leg."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2012, 06:13:28 pm »

Keep walking.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 10, 2012, 06:36:28 pm »

"Oh. Your leg dosen't look good. Want me to fly you out?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 10, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »

"... Yes."

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 10, 2012, 11:19:42 pm »

"Erm, could I please borrow the feather for a bit? I'm a master... Appraiser?"
Convince derm to give me the feather.

Stats: HP: 35/35
MP: 0/0
Skills:Nimble Hands, Leaps and Bounds.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 10, 2012, 11:28:46 pm »

"I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of me flying."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 10, 2012, 11:36:11 pm »

"You flying? I think you meant being carried."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 36