Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47698 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress : (6/6) : Mistaken Identity?
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2012, 07:15:53 am »

((My character doesn't really care about whatever is currently going on behind him, and will feel no regret if you stay behind. There's three other people there too.))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2012, 09:17:00 am »

((Who's Hedric and why did I boot him? ??? ?))
((borno's character. When he tried to run in front of the boy, he crit failed and ran into the three of you; you overshot your dodge roll and kicked him as he fell.  :P))

((Update will be up whenever Spinal_Taper posts.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2012, 09:20:30 am »

((borno's character. When he tried to run in front of the boy, he crit failed and ran into the three of you; you overshot your dodge roll and kicked him as he fell.  :P))
((I also did my part in beating the crap out of him by accident.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2012, 09:46:35 am »

((I also did my part in beating the crap out of him by accident.))
((But hey, he should be glad that he took Leaps and Bounds; if he hadn't, I probably would have rolled to see if he took damage from him running facefirst/being kicked into/being pushed into a cobblestone street.))

3. Run Resize Enable

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress : (6/6) : Departing Greenhaven
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2012, 03:14:34 pm »

He runs in front of the kid, cutting him off.
((No need to run in front of the kid and cut him off when he was already held in place. You usually run in front and cut someone off when they are moving. :P))
((But... But you were running! That's how you managed to shove my character into the gutter. :P ))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress : (6/6) : Departing Greenhaven
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2012, 03:17:24 pm »

((But... But you were running! That's how you managed to shove my character into the gutter. :P ))
((Nope. My character was immobile and holding the boy's ankle. Hedric ran into both him and Mina.

...Do you want to develop Hedric into Ratherio V2? Spinal_Taper is here as the birdman so you can hug each other again.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:20:08 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

((This is going to be such a dysfunctional party. xD))

3. Run Resize Enable

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You are only realizing this now?))
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

((I had my hopes suspicions when I made the classes, but I knew it the moment you took Sorceror.))

3. Run Resize Enable

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((derm is the most tame of your problems if you have already read Roll to Explore the Dungeon and read about borno's necromancer.

And dysfunctional parties are better. Without troublesome morons, the group is just a party of boring, bland and faceless generic adventurers.))
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You keep thinking that.

In RTRTD I was restrained by the elements of what I knew, and the whole reverse Summoning thing. In here I have free reign and chose a build that actively rewards me for creativity and more power within a shorter timeframe for doing so.

Fear mortals, the end is nigh.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((And that is why I say borno is actually a bigger problem than you. You keep your characters attached to the "Derm Hellbinder" thing, while borno seriously tries to develop his character. But then in the process he fails terribly and the end result is incredibly amusing.

What I meant is that we already know what to expect from your character: acting megalomaniac, power-hungry and trying to cause damage to the party etc.

On the other hand, borno is unpredictable.

@borno: Yeah, this is actually a compliment, borno, take it. I like when your characters act in bizarre ways. Just remember to do it away from my characters.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:10:54 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I don't keep it attached! I improve upon the design! Each iteration shall reach greater heights than the last!

Actually yeah I kinda am attached, but I like spell casters and doing it any other way just feels weird.

Even if I didn't stick to the whole Derm thing, I wouldn't know what else to do. I am absolutely terrible at coming up with a backstory. It took fifteen minutes just to come up with what I had now even though I had a clear goal from the get go, and regardless of character I probably would have started slipping back into something similar anyway. At heart I will always try to find a way to use my skills in unexpected and destructive ways. It's the core of what I like to do. Attaching it to Derm was just a side effect. It's not a character, it's an archetype.

Plus, you know, it's fun, and who says I can't develop him in new ways? I wouldn't know how to do it, but it's possible.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:24:41 pm by dermonster »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((I kinda know how it works. Making reasonably normal characters for me never works, they have to be problematic in some area. Although I do have comic-relief characters, which are actually fun to play.

And I'm not criticizing your affection and attachment to Derm Hellbinder, I'm just pointing out borno is hilarious and causes a very large amount of trouble without necessarily causing property damage or blowing things up. :P))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:44:46 pm by Caellath »
>Yes?

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Aero attempts to explain the situation to the muscular lady, if he fails, he directs the wind to keep her away from them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36