Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36

Author Topic: Roll to Progress :: Never Split the Party, Scooby Doo  (Read 47668 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress : (6/6) : Departing Greenhaven
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2012, 05:58:09 pm »

Enchant my hat so that it cannot fall off and can take a few blows.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 05:59:48 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2012, 06:01:58 pm »

Mina says, "BOY! Quick, tell me if you're a thief or not!", urgently.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2012, 06:05:35 pm »

((He has bandaged his hands anyway. It helps with handling weapons and stuff.))

Talendir keeps his firm hold on the boy's ankle and stares at him but prefers not to ask any questions. He is terrible with children. And with people in general for that matter, due to how much of a jackass he is. He also stares quizzically at the woman by his side.

The mercenary keeps hold of the boy. If he tries to escape, catch him again or assist someone in catching him again. Evaluate Mina's antics.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 06:48:26 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2012, 06:11:03 pm »

Grumble and retrieve the sphere, trying again while following after Derm.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:17 pm »

Aero approached the boy.

"So, why were you running, kid?"

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2012, 11:43:48 pm »

Hedric suddenly snaps out of his day dream including several beautiful woman and an ornate patio, when he sees the 'Thief' floating down from the sky with one of his party members hanging from his legs.
"What the..."
But suddenly he realized what he must do. He could get even more money from catching that brigand and returning him to the authorities.

He runs in front of the kid, cutting him off.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2012, 12:18:16 am »

Derm

You channel some power into your hat, attempting to fix a defensive barrier to it, [4] and you succeed. Your Stack of Hats now soaks 2 damage from all physical and magical attacks. It was rather draining.

-8 MP

You notice a woman staring at something back up the way you came. After a few moments, she hefts her staff and heads through the gate, looking rather angry.
____

Mina

You shout at the child, "Boy, are you a thief?" [6]

He stutters a bit, apparently rather frightened of you, "N-no ma'am! Please don't hurt me!"
____

Talendir

You continue to hold the boy by the ankle, though he likely wouldn't go anywhere without leverage, as he is still nearly weightless. You observe Mina's questioning of him [6], and you deduce that she is a very scary person and that you are glad she isn't interrogating you.
____

Sinterous

You retrieve the sphere from where it fell, and once again attempt to enchant it with a mild levitation spell [1], but your spell fails entirely, draining some extra mana from you! You grumble to yourself some more and follow Derm out through the gate, looking over the countryside, still green with the new growth of Spring.

-8 MP

____

Aero

You fly down to the others, questioning the boy, "Why were you running, kid?" [1]

It appears that he has had a bit too much of random people grabbing and questioning him today, as he bursts into tears.
____

Hedric

Shaking your head, you run to catch up with the others, attempting to cut the boy off from escape [1], but don't stop in time! You stumble and fall into the group of people! [3] You fall flat on your face, brushing past the boy and your three companions.

Mina [6] dodges smoothly, helping Hedric to the ground with a boot in the back.

Talendir [6] assists Mina in her valiant effort, shoving Hedric with his free hand as he [1] tries to pull the boy out of the way, but loses his grip, sending the boy into a slow, uncontrolled spin.

Aero [3] tries to step out of the way, but trips over an uneven cobblestone, flaring his wings out to keep his balance.

The child [1] vomits.
____

The four of you still inside the town notice an overweight shopkeeper chasing a thin, wiry man who seems to be clutching a silver platter. The two cross the market and into another side street. A few moments later, a guard follows; he shouts again, "Thief!".

You notice a well-muscled woman carrying a quarterstaff heading towards you. She looks... irate, we'll say, and shouts at you, "What in the Lower Planes are you doing to my little brother!?"

((Wow, that was a lot of critical failures and overshoots. I think random.org is trolling you all.  :P))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Progress : (6/6) : Mistaken Identity?
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2012, 01:39:51 am »

Hedric cursed and got back up to his feet. He considered throwing his knifes at his team, but he knew that there was a very likely chance of them overpowering him. That was when he noticed the women.
"It was them, miss! I was trying to return him to you, but they made them fly!"
He looked around a bit.
"Hows about you pay me for trying?"

Inventory:
A collection of knives, a cloak, a purse.
HP: 35/35
MP: 0/0

((Yes, I'm making my character as dick-ish as possible.))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 03:11:36 pm by borno »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2012, 03:32:23 am »

((@borno: Your character is also pretty stupid. The boy was not flying, Talendir already had him by the ankle and Hedric screwed everything up.))

Talendir stares both at the irate woman and at Hedric's utter display of idiocy. He sighs and looks at the rest of the group.
"Someone should get that thief who is running away and explain we caught the boy so he wouldn't fly away due to stupid spellcasting."

"And you..." Talendir squints his eyes at Mina. Scary my ass, the soldier already saw many people dying in miserable, unglorified ways in the battlefield and those antics are not something able to make him scared. In fact, he remembers them well, for they are characteristic of the...Paladins, the false paragons of hypocritical virtues. The soldier decides it would be wise not to talk to the irate woman due to his terrible social skills, even if his party does not happen to be much better than him for that matter. His eyes start to show restrained hostility towards Mina.

But his fury has to wait until it has a better opportunity to show through at the moment, the thief is acting like even more of an idiot.

Help someone get the boy or do it myself if he is still escaping or flying away. Backhand Hedric and don't protect any teammates. If the boy is alright, chase and capture the real thief. Fight with the irate woman only if she attacks me and even so only use the sword to destroy her quarterstaff and apply blows with the flat of the blade.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 07:35:19 am by Caellath »
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2012, 04:05:28 am »

((@borno: Your character is also pretty stupid. The boy was not flying, Talendir already had him by the ankle and Hedric screwed everything up.))
((What? Where did I say that you guys were flying? How did he screw everything up? All he did was fall in front of you guys.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2012, 05:22:14 am »

He runs in front of the kid, cutting him off.
((No need to run in front of the kid and cut him off when he was already held in place. You usually run in front and cut someone off when they are moving. :P

You are also lacking your hp and inventory at your post.))
>Yes?

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2012, 05:26:40 am »

Mina frowned.

"Oh, ok. I'll take your word for that."

((Who's Hedric and why did I boot him? ??? ?))
@New Challenger: "I was but doing a concerned civilian's duty, but I suppose some might have gotten carried away."

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2012, 06:38:22 am »

Continue trying until I get it right, proceeding through the countryside meanwhile.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2012, 06:50:06 am »

Derm sighed deeply at the idiocy behind him. Walking a bit further down the road, he snapped his fingers yet again.

Teleport my meatshields to me.

HP: 30/30
MP: 37/40 (Regens 5 MP/turn)
Inventory: Towering Pillar of hats.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2012, 07:00:00 am »

Teleport my meatshields to me.
((Talendir will either start a fight with you for that or just ignore your character's sheer stupidity and go back to what he is doing. Just saying, so feel free to waste MP.))
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 36