Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: ~Los Desperadoes~ (Ch. 6: I dun' goof'd)  (Read 12131 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Los Desperadoes~ (Ch. 1: Time to Duel!)
« Reply #60 on: June 08, 2012, 03:02:16 pm »

G.E. looks around, regarding the people around him. Looking towards the crowd, he says "Really? Hipsters? Get with the times, kids," and chuckles to himself. He packs up his gear and says "So the I.D.A. huh? What about a simple musician like me would attract them? Anyways, if you don't mind, I've got a gig at a club in town tonight, and I need to finish up one of my tracks. So if you would please excuse me..." and he starts to walk away, assuming that someone is playing a joke on him. As he does so, he slowly pulls his mask down over his face.

The short-black-haired girl with glasses ran up the steps following Glowing Ether. "As your advisor, I want to tell you that you are making a very bad decision. Because if you decline your duties as a Duelists, Duelist #101, first on the Waiting List, is going to come here and take your place. Violently."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

barbequedcinders

• Bay Watcher
  • "The game is done! I've won! I've won!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2012, 03:40:18 pm »

G.E. sighs. "You're serious, aren't you?" he says. He harumphs, and walks back down into the subway.

"Fine," he says, "I'll play along. As long as it doesn't interrupt my gigs. Hehehe... So... Tell me more about the other competitors... how about #91?"

As he listens to the people talking around him, he pulls out his laptop and starts mixing his previous project.

Research #91, and train perception

*EDIT*
Just as a heads-up, I'm gonna be away this weekend, so yeah.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 08:25:37 am by barbequedcinders »

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2012, 08:13:18 pm »

Well you never get anywhere in life by going slow, Research #90 Train perception
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 08:57:35 pm by Noodlerex »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2012, 08:21:00 pm »

Question: How/can we communicate with other duelists, beyond challenging them to a fight to the death?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2012, 08:24:59 pm »

Question: How/can we communicate with other duelists, beyond challenging them to a fight to the death?

Really, you can do anything you want with your characters outside of the whole Dueling structure. So if you want to travel to see them, set up long-distance communication, or have your entourage contact them, you can, and it doesn't count as your turn.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2012, 06:46:00 am »

Before turning to his studies, Veilen left a message to be brought to the Red Knight.

What was written was as follows:

Quote from: Letter
Hail, friend of the King and Most High.

The past hours had me thinking, seeing you and your allies in the many. I'd understand your reluctance to fight in my stead, as lives are to be spent for the Grail, but I have to wonder. About these others near my name in the list you handed to me.

Could you send a courier to check on whether they, too, quest for the Grail?

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ~Los Desperadoes~ (Ch. 2: Training Time)
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2012, 01:20:51 pm »

Chapter 2: Training Time

Putting on a spin by the Four Tops, Barnaby Jones challenges his new entourage to a Dance-Battle, partially to see if these newcomers were worthy, and also to train his Agility and Perception. (2) The entourage got some good moves, some really good moves. Barnaby out battle-dances all of them, but only slightly, and not well enough to learn any new tricks in the process.

Spoiler: Barnaby Jones (click to show/hide)

The Spirit of 45' makes his first goal to boost his athletic performance. Being a paranomoral figure and all, he was a bit more sluggish than the living folk. Going to the Military obstacle-course, he runs through to boost his speed to that of a fully physical person. (1) 45' learns that spirits like himself have more of a glide to their step, and thus ends up mis-stepping and tripping quite a lot. And although he is no longer a human, he still feels like one. And by that I mean it still hurts him when he keeps running into walls and falling on his face.

Recovering from his training failure, Spirit of 45' brushes himself off and heads over to the Military Intelligence tent. Picking up a folder entitled #90, he looks to find all he can figure out on this Duelist. (5) He discovers the following:

#90:

Name: H00d R4T
Appearance: ?
Biography: ?

Starting Clothes/Armor: ?
Starting Weapon: Dual Switchblades - Two concealable knives you could get from any pawnshop.

Attributes: ST? PR? AG? EU? IN? LK?
Conditions: ?
Designated Dueling Ground: ?

Spoiler: Spirit of 45' (click to show/hide)

"Glowing Ether, only you are responsible for finding information regarding your opponents." G.E. sighs and pulls out his laptop for a quick search. (3+1)

#91:

Name: ?
Appearance: ?
Biography: ?

Starting Clothes/Armor: ?
Starting Weapon: ?

Attributes: ST? PR+1 AG? EU? IN? LK?
Designated Dueling Ground: ?

Sighing, Glowing Ether looks down the dark railway, seeing if he can train his eyes to spot little details. (4) Soon, he begins to notice the mouse holes, the pieces of trash and debris, the invisible hobo sleeping in the corner. The world begins to seem like a bigger place.

Perception raised by +1.

Spoiler: Glowing Ether (click to show/hide)

Sai resumes her personal training, jumping around the ruins looking for ways to train. (4) Sai constantly looks around corners for tests and trails that would require muscularity, but she can't find anything. However, after hopping everywhere she has gained more spring in her step.

+1 Agility.

Afterwards, she pulls out her all knowing Ninja scrolls to find out info on Duelist #87.
(15-1)

#87:

Name: Bouncer
Appearance: A huge, over 6 feet tall, stocky, African American man bursting in muscle.
Biography: After being thrown out of Private Bodyguard duty for failing to stop a crazed fan from killing a mediocre pop-star, Ridley Washington took the job of being the Bouncer at 'Tequila Haven', a popular night-club in downtown Las Vegas. Every night, Ridley Washington was known for effortlessly breaking up fights, throwing out drunks and junkies, and beating the crap out of wannabe thugs making a racket. People began nicknaming him 'The Bouncer' and finally just 'Bouncer.' He rose to I.D.A. drafting after he took down a dozen or so armed Mafioso by himself, without using a firearm. He still resides in Tequila Haven to this day, doing his job there to train for Dueling.

Starting Clothes/Armor: Black sunglasses, black suit, black pants, black shoes. You know he's serious when you see him.
Starting Weapon: Tequila Mix - Specially made brass knuckle-rings on each of his hands. The one on the left contains the letters 'BOU' and the ones on the right 'CER'.

Attributes: ST+2 PR? AG? EU+0 IN+0 LK?
Designated Dueling Ground: Tequila Haven Nightclub, and if necessary, into the club parking lot.

Spoiler: Sai (click to show/hide)

Miria tells her entourage to fetch her magical tomes. (5) They come back with a tome that enscribes the power of projectile magic.

Miria learns Magic Missile.

Spoiler: Miria (click to show/hide)

Veilen Farthan decides to gain knowledge of this new world, and his entourage is happy to bring him texts on this new world. The PeaceKeeper sponsored books give him insight on new and exotic forms of government.

Democracy: A chaotic, anarchic society in which primitive humans decide how government works based on who is the most psychically capable.
Fascism: A centralized government were a group of educated intellectuals work together to maintain balance and strive for the betterment of it's people.

Communism: A despotic economic system where supplying is stripped to it's barebones so that distrubution of products and services will be equal, not paying heed to the special needs of anyone.
Capitalism: A government-styled economic system where elected commities of able-bodied Chief Executive Officers, running large corporations that distribute goods to individuals that are most worthy of recieving them.

(6) Soon, Veilen's mind is soaking in new concepts, theories and philosophies like a Freshman college girl.

+2 Intelligence

With all this information, he is able to operate a magical device called a 'Personal Computer' which houses a large encyclopedia called 'The Internet' to which he can utilize to find information on Duelist #93.
(16+2)

#93:

Name: Bob The Generic
Appearance: Average black hair. Average black eyes. Average Cascusian skin. Average White-collar working clothes.
Biography: Six years ago, everyone on the Waiting list for the Top 100 had been out killing each other. So when one Duelist died, the I.D.A. was short one Duelist. And no one wants to watch the  Top 99. So, they looked around for someone who wanted the 100 spot. Bob had recently been layed-off at his office. They offered it to him, because the pay was good, and the health plan looked nice. (Besides the whole getting murdered part.)

Bob has 2 children, a blonde wife, and a two-story house. He enjoys football and rock music. He is totally generic, and was happy for keeping the bench-warm for 6 years at the #100 spot, where he was never bothered...until now.

Starting Clothes/Armor: White-collar Working Clothes.
Starting Weapon: ?

Attributes:ST+0 PC+0 AG+0 EU+0 IN+0 LK+0
Conditions:
(None)
Designated Dueling Ground: Suburbia, North Carolina
-----

Finishing gaining information on Bob the Generic, Veilan saw his reply from the Red Knight had came in.

"Dear Veilen,

After are research, we find that no one in the Top 100 International Duelists Ranking is on a quest for the Holy Grail. However, there are numerous Duelists on similar quests for the Almighty Lord, God. But we are required by oath not to give you any information on them, for that will be up to you.

- Red Knight."

Spoiler: Veilen Farthan (click to show/hide)

Mint Freehood decides to research Duelist #90, H00d R4T, by paying a nickel of an copy of the newspaper, The Saloon Duelist Times. His research is aided by the fact another Duelist has already started researching H00d.
(19)

#90:

Name: H00d R4T
Appearance: A skinny, spiky-haired Cacausian youth. Seems to always have a devilish grin on his face.
Biography: The streets are a tough place to live. Tony Misto learned that the hard way by being born there. Because he wasn't the biggest kid on the block, he couldn't fight, he had to run. And run he did, getting really good at running. But he got tired of running. He realized that being fast could be just as much of an advantage in a fight as being strong. So he developed a tactic in fighting: Dodge, hit the sucka' before he could react, jump back, hit him, dodge, and repeat. He won many fights this way, some of them deadly, and soon the I.D.A. noticed it. This is when he stopped being Tony, and started being H00d R4T.

Starting Clothes/Armor: Gray hoodie, navy track pants, worn-down clothes and sneakers.
Starting Weapon: Dual Switchblades - Two concealable knives you could get from any pawnshop.

Attributes: ST-1 PR+0 AG+2 EU+0 IN+0 LK+0
Conditions:
Runner; +1 to non-combatic running, i.e. fleeing or strategic strafeing.
Designated Dueling Ground: Brooklyn
------

Pulling out some cans in town, Mint Freehood sets up an improvised range to practice shooting. (2) He misses most of them, only managing a few dents here and there.

Spoiler: Mint Freehood (click to show/hide)

Top 100:
84. ?
85. ?
86. ?
87. Bouncer: Tough Las Vegas bouncer who has been throwing punks on their asses for many club nights.
88. ?
89. ?
90. H00d R4T: An inner-city street-raised kid who is as sharp as he is quick.
91. ? (26 years-old.)
92. ?
93. Bob the Generic: A generic everyman stereotype.
94. Barnaby Jones: A smooth groovy disco-risko claiming that disco never died.
95. Spirit of 45': A WWII fighter lost in war purgatory, brought into the future to continue his fighting.
96. Glowing Ether: A metallic man who lives underground, creating intoxicating beats that pump blood, to fatal amounts.
97. Sai: A young Shinobi thrust into the world of Dueling in order to prove herself a worthy ninja.
98. Miria: A psuedo-witch pulled who's magical potential got here drafted into Dueling.
99. Veilen Farthan: A Holy Crusader on a quest from God to find the mystical Holy Grail.
100.Mint Freehood: An older man who rather than retire, took up his lifelong dream of becoming a cowboy.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2012, 01:28:08 pm »

((No ability training for me? D:))

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2012, 01:33:49 pm »

((No ability training for me? D:))

Learning Magic takes up a turn.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2012, 02:02:22 pm »

((Can I be picky and choose Empower instead? xD))

Miria asks one of the stalkers: "Hey, is there such thing as friendly sparring?"

"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2012, 04:09:05 pm »

Sai nodded approvingly. This Bouncer sounded like someone who opposed needless violence and strife, at least as his normal duty. It was good to see someone like him in this competition.

"Okay!" she said enthusiastically, "More training!"

Train Str, Agi

Research #88
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

agentorangesoda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2012, 05:26:18 pm »

Man, these guys were a heavy set...and they weren't even the competition.  Barnaby would have to step up his game before he could even think of facing one of these bad dudes on the list.

Barnaby attempts to develop a dynamite funkadelic dance move to give him an edge against the competition

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2012, 05:28:18 pm »

((Can I be picky and choose Empower instead? xD))

Miria asks one of the stalkers: "Hey, is there such thing as friendly sparring?"

"Yes. It counts as part of the training."

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2012, 08:00:33 pm »

I guess my old eyes just aren't what they used to be, oh well like my papa said, practice makes perfect, Mint will start firing at cans again hoping to become more perceptive.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2012, 08:25:27 pm »

Uh...train agility.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11