Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Humble Bundle V - Moar Games!  (Read 12745 times)

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Bundle V
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 03:42:17 pm »

This bundle trumps all other current indie bundles combined x 10.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 03:42:48 pm »

Yeah, it's ridiculously good. I jumped on it right away without a second thought. Limbo is amazing btw.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 04:02:58 pm »

Is LIMBO really worth it just by itself?  Really, I mean.

I'm sure it's a good game, I read the review on RPS and I am interested, but I have a huge backlog already.

Such as Amnesia and Psychonauts.  I also have Bastion (finished, may play a New Game+ some day).  And I have little interest in Superbrothers, so LIMBO is the only reason I'd buy this bundle.

Also I just put Dead Pixels, 1000 Amps, and Airmech into my backlog.  1000 Amps is near the top.

Hm, looks like Superbrothers is for iDevices, and my mother just got an iPad.  Hm.

Ah, nope.  The one in the bundle appears to be for desktop only.  (True?)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 04:08:04 pm »

I'm sure it's a good game, I read the review on RPS and I am interested, but I have a huge backlog already.

Its quite short, so it won't take space in your backlog for very long.  :)

Personally, if you already have Amnesia, Psychonauts and Bastion, I wouldn't buy it just for Limbo myself.  (although since you can pay what you like, then I guess it doesn't matter if you do.  :) )
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2012, 04:08:27 pm »

I bought it at full price ($10) and I thought it was totally worth that. Your mileage may vary, but one or two bucks isn't a huge gamble.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2012, 04:13:25 pm »

I already have most of these games except the Brothers one, I really want it, but I don't want to pay full price for the bundle for just one game :-/

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2012, 04:46:08 pm »

That's such a subjective question that it's not really possible to answer in general. To me, hell yes it is. It's one of the few games that I wouldn't hesitate to classify as works of art. But as Biag said, your mileage may vary.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2012, 05:26:13 pm »

Well i just got this and am pleased :)

Also about the other recent bundles.  Many have been sorta iffy with may 1 sorta decent game as a draw and most of those games are free with ads on the VOID service with gamersgate.  (I'm looking at you Space Empires 4, Twin Sector, and Elven Legacy.)
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2012, 05:46:47 pm »

This bundle is ridiculously good. Even though I've got everything but Sword & Sworcery, I'll get it for the soundtracks and DRM-freeness.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2012, 05:48:39 pm »

I find it funny that a couple games featured in this bundle are on sale right now on Steam.

Got this for offline (non-Steam) backups as well as for Bastion, since I heard so much about it. Already have Amnesia and Psychonauts, but nice to have them available for offline mode as well.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2012, 06:55:13 pm »

I'm considering buying a bundle of bundles for $1 and throwing them around like cheap candy.

I'm not sure whether to buy 20 or 100.

That is a little scummy, don't you think?  Remember, this is technically for charity.  Its supposed to be "Pay what you can afford", not "grab as many as you can for cheap and then making yourself look good by giving them away."

Really? Because the site says "Pay what you want."

They deliberatly chose to allow people to pay whatever they want for a reason. And it's as much for the developers and humble bundle team as it is for charity. Taking advantage of that isn't scummy in the same way getting buy-1-get-1-free offers isn't scummy. If they wanted people to pay a minimum of a pound or dollar then they'd have set the minimum price, nothing is stopping them.

Also: Is anyone else kinda sad that theres no android games anymore? That android bundle was probobly my favorite just because of not having to trawl around the google play store looking for something worthwhile. It'd be nice if they got at least one android game in each bundle. :(

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2012, 09:28:38 pm »

Surprisingly, I didn't have any of these games before now. Judging by the number of custom stories for Amnesia, I'll be busy for quite some time.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2012, 09:34:34 pm »

Surprisingly, I didn't have any of these games before now. Judging by the number of custom stories for Amnesia, I'll be busy for quite some time.

Custom stories?! I've not played amnesia since it was released, are you telling me there's more of it to play now? :o

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2012, 09:39:44 pm »

Custom stories?! I've not played amnesia since it was released, are you telling me there's more of it to play now? :o

On the developer's web site, even. Check it out.

As a side note, I thought HBV sounded familiar. When I look at my archive of HB games, I already have a folder for 5. Steam calls this 8.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:42:48 pm by Mephisto »

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 10:19:52 pm »

Oh nice! Now I'm going to have to re-install it.

And I think the numbering discrepencies might be because the last few haven't been HB propers, there was the android one for example with probobly doesn't count as a normal HB?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10