Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Humble Bundle V - Moar Games!  (Read 12790 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Bundle V
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 01:15:01 pm »

I to own most of these already. Still I can give my other copy of Amnesia to a certain friend now.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 01:19:49 pm »

I don't own any of these :o

Shame that I cannot run Amnesia or Bastion, and probably not Psychonauts either. Still.....
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 01:24:17 pm »

How old is your computer?
because, AFAIK, Psychonauts is quite a old game.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 01:31:02 pm »

Is it older than Knights of the Old Republic? Cause I can barely run that at all. Intel graphics cards are teh suck.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 01:40:46 pm »

I'm considering buying a bundle of bundles for $1 and throwing them around like cheap candy.

I'm not sure whether to buy 20 or 100.
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2012, 01:41:43 pm »

I'm considering buying a bundle of bundles for $1 and throwing them around like cheap candy.

That is a little scummy, don't you think?  Remember, this is technically for charity.  Its supposed to be "Pay what you can afford", not "grab as many as you can for cheap and then making yourself look good by giving them away."
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:44:07 pm by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 01:47:32 pm »

Plus no Bastion, which is one of the best games in the bundle!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 01:48:10 pm »

God, i really want this, but idk if my parents will let me. All my online payments go trough them first, wich can be annoying.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 02:03:41 pm »

That is a great bundle.  It is so great in fact, that I already have pretty much all the games in it.  :(

I had almost all of them on my Steam wishlist. Until now. :D

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 02:17:05 pm »

That is a little scummy, don't you think?  Remember, this is technically for charity.  Its supposed to be "Pay what you can afford", not "grab as many as you can for cheap and then making yourself look good by giving them away."

Kind of reminds me of an old post I saw from Wolfire Games shortly after the first or second bundle. Effectively, they were like, "Look. It costs us money to pay for hosting, bandwidth, credit card fees, etc. so if you're really just going to pay us pennies, just save everybody money and just bootleg them." (I juggled a few numbers, based on what I knew of various charges and came out with a breakeven point of about 60 cents. Probably way off though.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 02:28:16 pm »

Kind of reminds me of an old post I saw from Wolfire Games shortly after the first or second bundle. Effectively, they were like, "Look. It costs us money to pay for hosting, bandwidth, credit card fees, etc. so if you're really just going to pay us pennies, just save everybody money and just bootleg them." (I juggled a few numbers, based on what I knew of various charges and came out with a breakeven point of about 60 cents. Probably way off though.)
Alright, fine. No free games for anyone. Just my $20 purchase.

Watch as I pay $2 for 15 bundles and distribute them anonymously to make a point.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:42:19 pm by Frajic »
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 02:38:54 pm »

I already had Amnesia and Psyconauts, so this was basically a chance to pick up Bastion for around half price with a couple of extras thrown in. Better than many of the more recent bundles which have really not been interestng.

edit: checking my email to get my key and it appears that indie royale have released their latest bundle as well. Not seeing anything spectacular there but it may be of interest to some.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 02:47:37 pm by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 02:53:49 pm »

It's like they bundled up all the games Ive been interested in but haven't bought and stuck them together! This is awesome!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 02:59:35 pm »

edit: checking my email to get my key and it appears that indie royale have released their latest bundle as well. Not seeing anything spectacular there but it may be of interest to some.

I've heard good things about 1000 amps, but the others don't interest me too much.  I'll probably pick 1000 amps up during the next inevitable steam summer sale.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 03:05:47 pm »

The Void is...interesting. Not enough for me to get the indieroyale bundle though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10