Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Humble Bundle V - Moar Games!  (Read 12782 times)

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Humble Bundle V
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 12:17:57 am »

On second thought, I have neither Psychonauts, Superbrothers or Amnesia. 3 games for that price is a steal.

Is there anything I can do with the keys I'm not going to use? Like Limbo and Bastion? I think supposedly I could gift the Steam keys, right?

FASTEDIT: Oh well, apparently Bastion is the only independent key. Guess I could gift that one.

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 12:38:19 am »

As a side note, I thought HBV sounded familiar. When I look at my archive of HB games, I already have a folder for 5. Steam calls this 8.

This is the fifth "Humble Indie Bundle".

In all likelihood, what Steam calls:
3 = Humble Frozenbyte Bundle
5 = H Frozen Synapse B
6 = H Introversion B

Steam probably isn't counting the Humble Debuts, HB for Androids or the Mojam since those don't have much to do with it.

The name matters! Though, frankly, I think they should make the distinction between the different types a lot more obvious. I saw so much hate regarding the Humble Botanicula Debut.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 04:46:29 am »

Humble Bundle get! :)

Now I just need a decent computer that can run these things...
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 10:06:25 am »

It's like they bundled up all the games Ive been interested in but haven't bought and stuck them together! This is awesome!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 08:53:49 pm »

Oh my god. I love this pack. SO MUCH FUN ALREADY BASTIONISGREAT OMG. Anyway, off to the bastion!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2012, 10:25:17 pm »

I own 4/5 of these games and it is definetely worth it.

Unfortunetely I own 4/5 of these games. Is Superbrothers worth it (it being 5$-10$)? Also, can I give codes away of games I already own?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2012, 10:30:02 pm »

Is Superbrothers worth it (it being 5$-10$)?

Given that it's some weird point-and-click ported from iPhone, I'd say probably not. If you're into that sort of thing, look up some reviews. Maybe it's really brilliant for what it is, who knows.

Also, can I give codes away of games I already own?

Yes, but not individually. You get a single Steam code for the entire bundle, plus another one for Bastion if you pay more than average. There's no way to add just Superbrothers to your account and give the rest to someone else.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 10:34:26 pm by Sordid »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2012, 09:51:11 am »

I own 4/5 of these games and it is definetely worth it.

Unfortunetely I own 4/5 of these games. Is Superbrothers worth it (it being 5$-10$)? Also, can I give codes away of games I already own?
Ehhh... If you want to spend $1 on it, it's not the worst dollar spent. But, it's not all that great.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2012, 10:34:39 am »

I think I'm going to buy a second set as a gift for my sister. At the very least she'll enjoy the soundtracks, which are great.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2012, 11:15:48 am »

Bought the bumdle today... it's now 2:15 am... damn you Psychonauts and your awesome, addictive ways >_>
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2012, 11:45:44 am »

Just started psychonauts, and had a very good laugh.

"just remember, i'm the strong guy around here!"
"really? you look more like cotton candy!"

Unintentional DF references ftw!

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2012, 11:51:36 am »

I got Psychonauts during the last steam winter sale.  I originally booted it up to get whatever achievement I needed to get coal or something, but it was so much fun I couldn't put it down.  :)  For an older game, it really aged well.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2012, 11:57:12 am »

So I just finished Limbo, and holy crap, that was one of the most powerful experiences I have ever had while playing a video game. This thing is right up there with Planescape: Torment and Shadow of the Colossus. It's one of the most gruesome games I've ever played, and I find it fascinating how depiction of violence in simple monochrome silhouette gets a far stronger reaction from me than similar violence shown with realistic graphics.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2012, 12:30:28 pm »

Just found a little easter egg.

Punching a TV somewhere makes raz say 'nah, its not making the reception any better'
I love the feel to this game. Its really how a 3d platformer from that time feels and how a 3d platformer now SHOULD feel.
I'm certain that it was good to buy these 4 games. (5 if i dare to play amnesia :P)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2012, 12:34:11 pm by miauw62 »

BunnyBob77

• Bay Watcher
  • The Lurkmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2012, 07:51:41 pm »

I just finished bastion.  Wow, that was amazing.  I highly recommend Bastion to everyone.  It's awesome, although short.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10