Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Mysterious Cat Murders  (Read 8314 times)

Conor5677

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Cat Murders
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2012, 01:15:15 pm »

Could it be other domesticated animals doing it? From my experience, if many domesticated animals are packed into one area, like a meeting hall (in most cases a small one) they will begin pecking, biting, and clawing at each other and other dwarfs. It usually doesn't do that much damage, but I've seen it kill small animals like chicks.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2012, 01:23:25 pm »

Could it be other domesticated animals doing it? From my experience, if many domesticated animals are packed into one area, like a meeting hall (in most cases a small one) they will begin pecking, biting, and clawing at each other and other dwarfs. It usually doesn't do that much damage, but I've seen it kill small animals like chicks.

That would generate telltale combat reports.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2012, 01:24:24 pm »

Yeah, and it couldn't be, plenty of space in the recently unflooded dining room.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2012, 04:16:35 pm »

Oh god, cat blood everywhere, Dwarves going tantrum from their pets dying, then adopting new ones! I'll have to cordon the contaminant off the main stairwell. So Much Blood. Dogs appear to be able to survive.

weenog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2012, 04:18:10 pm »

You need bathtub/shower combos at strategic locations.  They'll keep dwarves and animals from tracking crap around any further, and the mist should generate happy thoughts to slow down or reverse the trend toward misery and insanity.
Listen up: making a thing a ‼thing‼ doesn't make it more awesome or extreme.  It simply indicates the thing is on fire.  Get it right or look like a silly poser.

It's useful to keep a ‼torch‼ handy.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2012, 04:24:58 pm »

Naah, Just went through a tantrum spiral, and the tantrumers are the ones that arent hardened yet, so I suppose a good thing.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2012, 09:42:35 am »

Does a syndrome that causes Necrosis cause the corpse to have Mutilated as an Adjective?
No, mutilated requires at least one part to be missing from the body.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2012, 06:34:38 pm »

OKAY WAIT, I think I know why. One of my dwarves fough a forgotten beast with evil blood, and got it on him. Later, he was killed by a goblin(how? I think He felt like napping. Or dodged into the river), and fell in the river. Later, I accidentally flood my fort, and the FBs blood enters the fort, pooling in the main stairwell. As it wasnt a serious flood (though the dwarves might disagree) my cat population remains intact, until it walks onto the infectious blood. How contrived, If only I could Weaponize this somehow

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 06:43:34 pm »

Link the river to a section of trap hall, such that it pours the contaminated water (that has not been pumped, or it would remove contaminants) on invaders on que. Hopefully some of them will be wearing little enough clothing that they get infected and take a load off the traps.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Niyazov

• Bay Watcher
  • shovel them under and let me work - I am the grass
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2012, 05:42:42 pm »

Link the river to a section of trap hall, such that it pours the contaminated water (that has not been pumped, or it would remove contaminants) on invaders on que. Hopefully some of them will be wearing little enough clothing that they get infected and take a load off the traps.

I thought that contaminated water doesn't spread contaminants until it evaporates and leaves pools of whatever was in it; is this not the case?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »

Hmm... I dunno v(o.O)v

You could at least dronw them in said water...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 2 [3]