Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 63173 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt: Cutomizable genitals, delayed until 11/19/2020
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2020, 05:07:32 pm »

I find it kinda hilarious that in an age of live service treadmill games and token singleplayer modes that are made only to justify sucking as much cash out of the player as legally possible people are throwing hissy fits over a proper single player focused game being 'only' a 15-20 hour experience if you go for a single very focused playthrough.

All that said, as much as I'm interested in this I really doubt I'll be getting it anytime soon seeing as I've got a massive backlog of shit that I should probably go trough before adding yet another thing on top if it.

"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2020, 08:16:25 am »

I will probably get it on release day and play it, but I've also become kind of convinced that the game won't be very good.  It's an FPS RPG, it's a fallout, it's an outer wilds, it's a shooter where the enemies have health bars and accelerating a bullet to supersonic speeds through a guy's skull leaves him mostly unharmed because the number next to his name is higher than the number next to your gun's name.

A lot of the actual cyberpunk mechanics like seeing through walls, auto-aim, hacking people, all sounds really cool, so we'll see if that stuff makes the fundamental nature of RPG FPS combat more fun.  I would've really loved a more pure shooter in that kind of vein.
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2020, 09:20:48 am »

I think it will be good, I don't think it will live up to the level of hype surrounding it. How could it?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2020, 09:43:20 am »

My brother pre-ordered it for me....last year as a gift I think?

I am NULL HYPE about it. I mean, I already own it.

It'll be good. Shooty banging. Some gee-whiz tech. Some story. It became very clear early on, this is not a revolution in gaming. This is a CDProjekt RPG with shooting. A more stylish, less dry and sleepy Deus Ex.

I just hope it's playable in the first week, instead of needing a slew of patches to fix simple stuff.

Why do we even buy into hype? Its sole purpose is to sell more of the game. If you bought already, maintaining excessive levels of hype can do no more than lead to disappointment. The game you play will never be as good as the one in your head. Excessive hype levels over a prolonged period of time can actually negatively impact your appreciation of the final product. The USDA recommends no more than 3 weeks of sustained maximum hype. Anymore can lead to the breakdown and reduction in count of your serotonin and endorphin receptors.

Honestly the thing I'm looking forward to the most is the memes, and the inevitable 4th wall breaking "bug or feature" moments when you turn on some vision mode or something and your frame rate tanks.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 10:02:50 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2020, 01:18:36 pm »

It could also suck.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2020, 03:04:07 pm »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:01:07 pm by dragdeler »
let

The_Explorer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2020, 04:53:01 pm »

Well I never felt the urge to buy the witcher it looks very standard... But I'm allready pretty confident that cp2077 will be more fun than the gta6 campaign, I mean have you seen gta5 and rdr2? In my books that adds up to a pretty noteworthy game, I'm surprised everybody is so skeptical.

I think the skeptical part is how hyped it is.

How many games have survived this much hype? Its bound to be disappointing to many.

With that said...I learned after SPORE never to be so hyped up. At launch, SPORE was so disappointing and that was the most hyped game of all time (still hasn't been beaten for hype). Though after playing it years later, I've gotten a few hundred hours out of it and its not bad imo, its enjoyable. People make some awesome galactic adventures missions.

Personally, I am a little "hyped" for cyberpunk (more excited for the release than hyped up), but I don't go at it like its the second coming of games that will blow the genre to the next generation of games. I think its gonna be a lot of fun though and enjoyable, and I'll love exploring the city.

Also...has anyone picked of the 3 starts they are gonna do first? Nomad, corporol or street kid?

Personally gonna do Nomad most likely. But corporal looks really good too so its gonna be a little hard to decide between the two. Kinda the complete opposite of nomad. Though I think so many are gonna do nomad (from what I've read), and not very many doing corporal...so I'll likely just do corporal to go against the wave of nomads. It is singleplayer of course so obviously even if 99% pick nomad it won't effect my game, but still, not many want to do the corporal route.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2020, 06:38:40 am »

I haven't really been following the game so didn't know there were 3 starts. I generally ignore the pre-release info dumps and experience the game only once I have the game in my hands. Even then, I only buy the game after reading a few reviews.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 08:38:48 am by forsaken1111 »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2020, 10:24:40 am »

Yeah, I stopped reading most of the material for the game because I wanted to go in fresh. Since it was already bought for me, I don't think I need to do my due diligence reading up on it before release.

That said, the implication of the three starts already kind of puts paid to my idea of starting as a Decker. Cyberfail 2077 gets its first strike!!!111111111 /s
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2020, 10:49:49 am »

I haven't paid much attention past watching that gameplay demo they did way back when the game was supposed to come out in April.  I'll probably decide which starting background to go with when I read what they are in the game.
Shoes...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 13, 2020, 11:12:43 am »

Honestly, I am little skeptical at this point. There's just... a lot to process??? It doesn't look bad, but... will they really be able to tie it all together?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 13, 2020, 12:04:10 pm »

I think it being Cyberpunk creates a lot of visual noise to process when trying to think about how it will work.

But honestly, it's just going to be the Witcher IMO, with an "open world." A lot more set pieces and dungeons compared to Witcher surely. But I don't think it's going to be a GTA-style open world with samey city blocks stamped out all over the place with nothing really going on in them. I also imagine there will be a lot more gating and inaccessible areas to limit player movement.

I figure it will be like this: Witcher had massive open fields to ride across with little bits of content sprinkled throughout it. The areas, hubs, zones, w/e in CP2077 will be smaller but more densely detailed with a lot more eye candy and NPCs and living world type stuff dressing it up. I still don't actually believe the amount of foot traffic and busy-ness we've seen in the promotional material will be the same in the final game, but I'd be happy to be wrong.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:20:45 pm by nenjin »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 13, 2020, 09:55:47 pm »

I don't think it will live up to the level of hype surrounding it. How could it?

Remember how much hype there was about the customizable junk, and then women get 1 choice and men get 2? Plus some variations on pubic hair. Cd Projekt Red isn't doing real well lately with impressing me, so I'll definitely put this on the wait and see list.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #118 on: October 14, 2020, 07:57:52 am »

I didn't really understand the hype for customizable genitalia but I guess I'm not the target audience.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 14, 2020, 08:09:06 am »

I can't believe anyone took the hype around customisable genitals seriously.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42