Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407161 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #2220 on: March 31, 2015, 04:12:01 am »

Ah, yes. Just read that it might be more popular under the name "New York Chase" outside of europe. Go figure.

Either way, I actually think I might give the sequel - turned high fantasy - a shot. Obviously with vastly different plot, and some changes to how the mechanics are handled... Still, should be quite fun - or so I hope ;3

Edit: With Sequel, I speak of the continuation of Scottland Yard - "Mr X", made scant 26 years after the original. Somehow they are still chasing the same guy, all these years afterwards. Sure are some cops, those ones. ;o
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:45:49 am by escaped lurker »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: March 31, 2015, 04:39:03 am »

Never heard of it either. Unlike Scotland Yard, though, the name isn't as evocative of the game's mechanics.

Sequel to what?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 07:10:51 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: April 01, 2015, 12:44:14 am »

I've come up with some stats both for mages and for vampires.
Spoiler: Mages (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vampires (click to show/hide)
In this game, appearance and bio actually matter and aren't just there for RP. A bio established the resources and skill someone starts with and appearance will be used to identify particular vampires or mages. "That MG has a red, pulsating aura! I've heard of an MG that looks like her - she's known for being heaps powerful! I'd better not attack her."

A vampire starts off with double the stats of a normal human but a mages can triple their stats by entering into their magical form. The exception to this is mana which is quadrupled, though any stat gains to mana go to the magical form. How stats are going to be gained is the tricky bit.
For mages, every vampire they kill gives the mage 2 mana points. The other stats are gained through mundane means though I'm not sure how Will can be gained. Maybe I just shouldn't have it as a stat?
It gets a lot more tricky for vampires. First of all, a certain amount of people need to have their souls devoured before the vampire can get a stat point. These stat points can be spent on increasing any stat, and are in fact the only way to do so. The issue here is buying stats vs powers. Should stats and powers cost the same? Should stats cost more? Should some powers be worth more than others? Then there's the worth of a mage's soul. It should always be worth at least 1 stat point, but should it be worth more than that? 3, perhaps?

As for the vampires, I've decided on using modified Hellsing vampires.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 04:05:08 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: April 06, 2015, 11:13:02 pm »

So all vampires are virgins?

That has hilarious implications.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: April 07, 2015, 07:49:51 am »

How so?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: April 08, 2015, 10:11:43 pm »

Well, it certainly explains why they have the urge to seduce their victims before eating them.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: April 08, 2015, 10:28:45 pm »

Killing followed by eating will result in a ghoul as well, even if the victim is a virgin.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: April 10, 2015, 04:07:01 pm »

I had an idea for a suggestion game: Unicode Adventure.

It's like an ISG, but with unicode drawings instead of pictures.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: April 10, 2015, 04:53:24 pm »

How so?
Well, basement dwelling nerd jokes everywhere for one thing.

For another:

"Welcome to The Sanctum. Before we begin your training, it's important to bless you in order to guard against the possibility of you ever becoming what you most hate."
"Awesome, how's that work?"
*sleazy music starts playing*
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: April 10, 2015, 04:57:11 pm »

Never mind. Never making that game with that as the lore. Horrible, awful idea. Maybe I'll just have people become vampires using the same method Alucard did...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: April 10, 2015, 05:29:16 pm »

I guess Magical Lesbian Vampire Battle is up to me, then.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: April 10, 2015, 05:36:22 pm »

I've heard of Magical Girls defeating monsters of darkness with the power of love, but this is ridiculous. Also hilarious.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: April 10, 2015, 05:39:55 pm »

Immortalised here.

Ok, so what about people becoming vampires either by drinking the blood of the person they hate most (only applicable if they hate someone) and dying immediately after, the person who loves them the most (only applicable if anyone loves them, familially or romantically) and dying immediately after, or by drinking the blood of one child every day exclusively until they die, eating or drinking nothing else and being killed by nothing but natural causes (i.e. only drinking blood for several days in a row).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 05:45:48 pm by Andres »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: April 10, 2015, 06:25:00 pm »

The scarlet devils from touhou then?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: April 11, 2015, 12:01:16 am »

I had an idea for a suggestion game: Unicode Adventure.

It's like an ISG, but with unicode drawings instead of pictures.
Dude you need to lurk moar.

There's like a dozen of those.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 238