Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407234 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #330 on: July 09, 2013, 11:59:15 am »

I think a safe area should be an area that has been searched up and down so well that the only way a horror is able to get in it is from a different area all together with out the players knowing a GM spawned it to mess with them.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 09, 2013, 12:16:32 pm »

Hm. Are you talking about boss horrors or regular horrors? If the latter, I imagine that would make sense, yeah. Boss horrors tend to just appear out of nowhere when enough objectives have been accomplished by a player.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 09, 2013, 12:20:59 pm »

Regular horrors of course. Boss horrors can do what ever they want since they are bosses.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 10, 2013, 10:23:06 am »

Welp, I have an idea.
It's a multiplayer empire building game placed shortly after WW1 on a fictional " Forbidden Continent", basically a place in a seperate dimension accessible every 1000 years. Each player must carve out a niche on this world and perhaps become the ruler of it. Of course, they are going to need to industrialise and deal with some of the fantastical creatures. Eventually tanks will be rolling across the plains and aircraft will be flying and dropping bombs. Would anyone play it?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 10, 2013, 12:12:40 pm »

I would, as long as I could design my soldiers and tanks and such, and tactics and their design actually mattered, rather than being abstracted to 'you have 1 army. He has two armies. He wins.'
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 10, 2013, 12:16:44 pm »

I would, as long as I could design my soldiers and tanks and such, and tactics and their design actually mattered, rather than being abstracted to 'you have 1 army. He has two armies. He wins.'
Yes of course. Certainly not to the level of People's Weapon Design bureau, but certainly designing.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 10, 2013, 09:59:44 pm »

I'm up for it.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 10, 2013, 10:10:38 pm »

I'd be cool with that, but I wouldn't want to play something EXTREMELY freeform. At least throw in some basic mechanics regarding research and combat, so it's not just "I want to invent SUPER SOLIDERS THAT ARE SO BADASS AND COOL" five rounds in.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #338 on: July 10, 2013, 11:26:09 pm »

A game about a legendary swordmaster. Only problem? You start with no sword. So first thing is you've got to go find one before you can get more, and so on. You'd carry all the swords on your person, and eventually you'd just have like a hundred legendary weapons just hanging from your belt. I'd totally make that right now, but I'm awful with stats.. I'd probably just leave out character stats entirely, aside from health, and just make everything about which sword you have in your hands at the time. But how to do that? :C

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 10, 2013, 11:27:03 pm »

Give the swords stats :P
It's FEF, not FEOF

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 10, 2013, 11:28:58 pm »

As an alternative to stats, abstract everything. Damage is based on how well the sword would cut if you really swung it, then you throw in its special properties.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 10, 2013, 11:35:08 pm »

What if swords are the only things with stats? What if swords are the only thing with stats in the whole WORLD?

In a world full of swords, gladiatorial combat is the highest form of entertainment. One young boy from humble beginnings, given a sword by his dying father, aspires to one day fight the Legendary Swordsmaster Blademore. To climb the ranks of the Swordmaster Championship, he will have to break the blades of several top-tier combatants, each more intimidating and eccentric than the last. "Sever their sword and you SEVER THEIR SOUL! HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

ULTIMATE SWORDMASTER RPG

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #342 on: July 10, 2013, 11:55:20 pm »

What if swords are the only things with stats? What if swords are the only thing with stats in the whole WORLD?

In a world full of swords, gladiatorial combat is the highest form of entertainment. One young boy from humble beginnings, given a sword by his dying father, aspires to one day fight the Legendary Swordsmaster Blademore. To climb the ranks of the Swordmaster Championship, he will have to break the blades of several top-tier combatants, each more intimidating and eccentric than the last. "Sever their sword and you SEVER THEIR SOUL! HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

ULTIMATE SWORDMASTER RPG
Thats sort of what I meant. But the thing I'm having a hard time with is: what sorts of stats would they have? I mean I'd want to implement reach, blocking ability, weight, and sharpness. Thats what I need help with. And I'd want separate fighting mechanics for fighting groups of mooks and one-on-one'ing the blademaster heading them.

And Jesus Samurai Champloo flashbacks.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #343 on: July 10, 2013, 11:56:22 pm »

As an alternative to stats, abstract everything. Damage is based on how well the sword would cut if you really swung it, then you throw in its special properties.
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what you meant.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 10, 2013, 11:57:12 pm »

Don't forget strength, fragility, flexibility, and special abilities related to their construction/and or legendariness. And speed.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 238