Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 238

Author Topic: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)  (Read 407355 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Gaming Block (Game Discussion Thread) (Totally Not Roller's Block)
« Reply #1710 on: October 22, 2014, 12:20:16 pm »

I don't suppose anyone plans to run another 3.5 DnD game soon?
I just figured out how to get a level 1 sorcerer to have 22 Charisma and wanted to test it out.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: October 22, 2014, 01:00:03 pm »

I'm still in it to win it so to speak. I wanted to redo Ulric Farseer, the Beardless Racist dwarf.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: October 22, 2014, 01:18:36 pm »

Oh man, I remember him. I was considering reworking Ruvitsuvi with the Magic-Blooded template for that 22 Charisma, myself.

Alternatively, I was going to play as James Bond.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: October 22, 2014, 01:20:54 pm »

I'm not sure which class I'd want him to be. Obviously he was an archer originally but I do want to try a Paladin or something of the like.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: October 22, 2014, 02:13:06 pm »

This and something else gave me an idea for a campaign. Everyone has to be the same class/the same catagorey of classes. Like, only spell casters or only mundane classes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: October 22, 2014, 02:14:32 pm »

I'm up for it.

Particularly since I wrote up sheets for both scenarios.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1716 on: October 22, 2014, 02:24:13 pm »

Players are troops in an army of airborne deployed from huge armored airships, all armed with flintlocks and sabers. Their role as a unit is to deliberately crash into massive fortified buildings in order to create entrances "land" in "urban positions" occupied and hardened by determined enemy infantry and dig them out the hard way.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: October 22, 2014, 02:25:13 pm »

Players are troops in an army of airborne deployed from huge armored airships, all armed with flintlocks and sabers. Their role as a unit is to deliberately crash into massive fortified buildings in order to create entrances "land" in "urban positions" occupied and hardened by determined enemy infantry and dig them out the hard way.
... with spoons.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #1718 on: October 22, 2014, 02:29:32 pm »

Large pointy ones.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: October 22, 2014, 02:33:48 pm »

So large broken plastic spoons?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 22, 2014, 03:25:57 pm »

This and something else gave me an idea for a campaign. Everyone has to be the same class/the same catagorey of classes. Like, only spell casters or only mundane classes.

I'd be down for it.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: October 22, 2014, 03:48:18 pm »

I have been thinking about it, and I was thinking I could maybe crack open the Pathfinder SRD and see what I could steal. I peeked inside and discovered some stuff, including:
    ☼ Easily stolen rules for mass combat
    ☼ Easily stolen rules for aimed attacks
    ☼ Easily adapted advice for sandbox campaigns
I'm going to go fill the hole left when II abandoned his sandbox campaign, then blend it with Dwarf Fortress-esque combat and army combat.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: October 25, 2014, 07:17:46 am »

An idea I've been working on decided to combine with a dream I had last night. Rad.

Fight to be Barbarian King! It has been prophesied to the people and other creatures of Barbarian Land that a King will rise to lead them. The great champions of the tribes have taken up this challenge and made their claim - but to become King, they need to defeat or convince (usually through combat) their fellow champions, and be the undisputed master of the people. YOU are one of these champions. Find the means to beat all your competitors and become the supreme warrior king!

The gameplay is a little based on the Captains system from Shadow of Mordor - all your competitors are unique and have a set of traits determining their weaknesses, strengths, etc. As in the game, knowing your enemy and gathering that knowledge is key. You'll need to take the right tools for the right job - use fire to block a Champion's Regeneration, use stealth attacks to take out an Unwary foe in one go, extinguish the lights in the area of a Champion Afraid of the Dark, and so forth. Fighting is key, but not the only way to prove your strength; dishonor enemies, save other Champions to leave them in your debt, forge friendships or discredit rivals in the eyes of their allies, use intrigue to set up unfair duels or assassinate competitors from afar...

I'm not sure if a suggestion-driven game, possibly with several characters to control, or a multiplayer one would be better.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: October 25, 2014, 07:27:27 am »

Hmmmmm.
I still want to test out my Toriko idea, and it seems nice on paper but once I get down to it, there isn't much to add in, apart from a random creature generator, and to be honest the biggest challenge would most likely be thinking of cool food ideas.
Plus I don't want to have a freakout and chicken out again.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 25, 2014, 08:33:59 pm »

So, if someone was a new GM and they were thinking of running a game on this board and wanted to get help with setting up the game would they make a thread here or somewhere else on the forums.

The above is talking about me. I want to run a 3.5e game on here. And I wanted to use an idea I was planning a while ago.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 238