Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122515 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3780 on: November 07, 2012, 11:08:11 am »

Just reserved my name.
5 seconds later i get a mail

"RESERVE YOUR NAME NOW!"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3781 on: November 07, 2012, 11:09:34 am »

Goddamnit, I get this game and then it turns out that I can't play it becasue my video card sucks.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3782 on: November 07, 2012, 01:56:48 pm »

I'm enjoying the game a lot less since Amerish came out. With three continents to split between people, I keep feeling like I can't find where the real action is... And when I do it's all aircraft. I just witnessed three dual burster MAXes firing on a reaver for a good 5 seconds, only to have the reaver launch a salvo of rockets to kill 4 people and hover behind a wall, surviving. I'm sure they'll tweak aircraft/AA again but I'm just having a hard time enjoying things now.

Also, all infantry have shotguns now with the cert bonus. Defending against 6 people rolling out shotguns is incredibly frustrating- even using a MAX with dual gatlings and four ranks of the infantry armor a single shotgun wielding heavy can take out 70% or more of your HP before he goes down. It takes longer to get that damage repaired than for the dead heavy to respawn, I kid you not.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3783 on: November 07, 2012, 02:01:30 pm »

I'm enjoying the game a lot less since Amerish came out. With three continents to split between people, I keep feeling like I can't find where the real action is... And when I do it's all aircraft. I just witnessed three dual burster MAXes firing on a reaver for a good 5 seconds, only to have the reaver launch a salvo of rockets to kill 4 people and hover behind a wall, surviving. I'm sure they'll tweak aircraft/AA again but I'm just having a hard time enjoying things now.

Also, all infantry have shotguns now with the cert bonus. Defending against 6 people rolling out shotguns is incredibly frustrating- even using a MAX with dual gatlings and four ranks of the infantry armor a single shotgun wielding heavy can take out 70% or more of your HP before he goes down. It takes longer to get that damage repaired than for the dead heavy to respawn, I kid you not.
Yeah the aircraft seem incredibly durable. My skyguard-equipped lightning, a weapon designed specifically for AA, pounded on a liberator for half a minute straight without doing appreciable damage. The lib was hovering over our base raking people with fire while I was doing this, so it wasn't server lag or anything. I spent half my ammo and didn't kill the thing. Later a mossy came over and plinked at my tank, so I lit him up with a constant stream of fire. I hit him with well over 50 shots and he was barely halfway through his armor.

I gotta say though, the night vision enhancement is the best damn thing ever. You can see EVERYTHING, and it works even during the day making things very easy to pick out. I wish there was a toggle for it though.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3784 on: November 07, 2012, 02:27:32 pm »

I'm loving the Hawk. Just bought it today, it is AWESOME.

Oh, and i finally catched how to c4 lightnings/magriders. Incredibly efficient.

One weird thing about this game is that when you first start playing it, you feel like everyone is alot more powerfull then you and that you're underpowered. That goes away after a few days.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3785 on: November 07, 2012, 02:32:08 pm »

Except for that one level 12 guy that keeps following the caravan and sniping us.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3786 on: November 07, 2012, 02:33:43 pm »

Oh, yeah. Does the outfit still exsist? I don't seem to be in it anymore.

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3787 on: November 07, 2012, 02:35:21 pm »

yup, forsaken and i were on recently and it seemed to be up. Will check again when I get home.

It was nice to reserve muchenik today.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3788 on: November 07, 2012, 03:07:47 pm »

I seems to be out of the outfit now, so i tought it got disbanded :(

muchenik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3789 on: November 07, 2012, 04:27:15 pm »

Yeah, just checked and looks like the NC outfit doesn't exist anymore.
Close This Door
txeN ehT nepO

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3790 on: November 08, 2012, 09:14:17 am »

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/beta-update-and-beyond-11-7-12.42528/

Looking good! I like the sounds of all these changes so far! Now Distributel just needs to fix the bloody internet issues they've been having here so I can actually connnect to the game by friday, and I'll be happy.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3791 on: November 08, 2012, 10:21:47 am »

sounds like that update will be good, and adding some reason to capture a map.  I don't think I will like the change to exp required for certs but it may be fine in the long run...

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3792 on: November 08, 2012, 10:35:58 am »

I figured out what my problem was, no help from you guys. Apparently I need a better graphics card.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3793 on: November 08, 2012, 10:40:10 am »

I figured out what my problem was, no help from you guys. Apparently I need a better graphics card.
I never saw you ask for help. You just posted that your video card sucks.

Go get a better one.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3794 on: November 08, 2012, 10:47:10 am »

I belive he was referring to this.

Question: do any of you know what error G25 is? I try to get on and when the splash page appears it crashes and sends me to the website with the error on it.

Not sure why so hostile, obviously none of us knew what it was, and didn't want to post just to say "no idea, blar blar blar"
Also, 'blar' is infinitley more fun to write than blah.
Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 826