Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122632 times)

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3690 on: November 03, 2012, 09:19:52 pm »

Separate turret and aircraft sensitivity means I can now fly reasonably well :D.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3691 on: November 03, 2012, 09:26:12 pm »

Wow, this patch was a massive nerf to the char I've been playing haha.

Resist shield significantly weakened (not sure exactly how much, but a tank shell wiped me out with it on when before I could survive one with around half health, so I'm thinking it's way weaker) and my favorite LMG the GD-22 had its damage cut down significantly too.

Used to gun people down in ~10-12 hits, now it seems to take 15-20. Now I'm finding that I run out of ammo after killing two people and wind up getting killed while reloading since the reload is so slow. It used to have the appeal of a bit more DPS (same damage, slightly faster fire rate) at the cost of a significantly reduced magazine size so that you have to reload more. Now it seems about equivalent in DPS (maybe a little more), lower magazine size, and less damage per bullet so that you run out of ammo even faster. Even if it is a bit more DPS, spending half of your time reloading the gun isn't really worth it.

Guess I might go back to the basic SAW, it got a 10% fire rate nerf and lowered recoil recovery, but still has the full damage and double the ammo clip of the GD-22, plus it has the capability of fitting the reflex sight and the double ammo magazines. Or maybe I'll give the EM1 a try, it used to have too much recoil to really make the fast fire rate useful - they reduced recoil on it supposedly. It fires even faster than the GD-22, but with the cert it can hold 200 rounds instead of 50.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: November 03, 2012, 10:17:00 pm »

Damnit the update fucked with my joystick controls, I ended up bouncing off a thunderer and into an nc liberator in my mosquito!!!

However, it's still pretty awesome, some more conceptual stuff is cool, but I haven't gotten to try the new continent yet.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: November 03, 2012, 10:45:32 pm »

Good lord, you guys are never online when I am! Am I the only person with nothing better to do thank play videogames on a saturday night?

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: November 03, 2012, 11:37:40 pm »

Sunday afternoon for me, plus I'm still waiting for this damned patch to download.

@Paul;
Was saving up my certs for GD-22, but it looks like I don't need to bother now, already wasted some on the bonus rocket, before I realised I had to take off the nano-weave armour to have an extra rocket.  It's a pain having only 5 for the AA Rocket Launcher, but it's all !fun!
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: November 03, 2012, 11:47:19 pm »

Sunday afternoon for me, plus I'm still waiting for this damned patch to download.

@Paul;
Was saving up my certs for GD-22, but it looks like I don't need to bother now, already wasted some on the bonus rocket, before I realised I had to take off the nano-weave armour to have an extra rocket.  It's a pain having only 5 for the AA Rocket Launcher, but it's all !fun!

Just excuses really. They should put us on one global timezone, solve all our problems...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: November 04, 2012, 06:14:08 am »

Every patch I think "Oh wow, great idea", such as overheating repair-guns. But then the client keeps crashing and I think "Fuck You PS2".

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: November 04, 2012, 06:23:28 am »

Please tell me that mediguns dont overheat.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: November 04, 2012, 07:08:37 am »

It specifically says the repair gun, and I would assume that the intent of that was to stop a small number of engineers from stopping an out of proportion number of tanks/whatever from destroying sunderers, so I reckon you're pretty safe as a medic.

DarkAnt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: November 04, 2012, 09:36:52 am »

Hey, do any of you fine gents have a spare beta key that I may have?

Edit: Never mind, i'm good :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 09:57:12 am by DarkAnt »
Why do my dwarves hate me?

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: November 04, 2012, 11:25:08 am »

So, anyone in the USwest NC outfit on? Tureth is my IGN if someone is on who can invite me into the outfit.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: November 04, 2012, 01:51:17 pm »

Just got into the beta via a buddy key that I used for myself after I got accepted, but received no key. But anyway, I'm in. While I'm waiting for the client to finish up, any tips on the three factions, etc.?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: November 04, 2012, 01:52:52 pm »

You only recieve a key when you buy alpha squad.

NC ALL THE WAY!

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: November 04, 2012, 01:56:31 pm »

I find that the quality of the fighters in the NC and TR vary heavily. The only constant is Vanu, who all suck horribly until they can muster up enough numbers to actually win.
Nothing important here, move along.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: November 04, 2012, 01:59:09 pm »

You only recieve a key when you buy alpha squad.

NC ALL THE WAY!

Meh, I can wait. It's not like I mind. (FG&R has basically replaced my gaming these day, I'll admit.) Either way, I still have to download at some point.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 826