Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122725 times)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3630 on: October 29, 2012, 02:57:10 pm »

Huh? I just tried to log in and got the message "Your account is not authorized to access the game at this time."

Are they having trouble with their servers?
Same here. Awwwww and I just reserved this whole evening for gaming. :( Ohwell, on to other games.

Edit: Hey, it;s working!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:09:57 pm by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Journier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: October 29, 2012, 03:18:44 pm »

guys... im looking to focus on fully fitting out a heavy class, for terrans, what do I do first? where do i throw most of my points?

also certs take imo forever to gain :( Anything i can do to sorta get more? takes a long time.
Aurora 4x Steam group -http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791430952164

Aurora 4x Succession game - http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=51366.0

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: October 29, 2012, 03:31:36 pm »

also certs take imo forever to gain :( Anything i can do to sorta get more? takes a long time.
It's a lot faster than it was too. I can't really give HA advice but just get where the action is to get more certs.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: October 29, 2012, 03:35:17 pm »

guys... im looking to focus on fully fitting out a heavy class, for terrans, what do I do first? where do i throw most of my points?

Get the Resist nanite mesh generator (just the first level is fine, increasing it only makes it last longer. You'll get the full damage reduction even at first level). Then get the Nanoweave armor. Those are the only two "must have" items in my opinion- other things to get that are really helpful are the AA/skep launcher for utility, Reflex sights, and gun unlocks which cost a lot of cert points. TR's standard LMG is really good, so I wouldn't worry about gun unlocks unless you want either the chain gun (haven't tried it yet) or the Shotgun. I'm not 100% sure but I think if you unlock the shotgun it unlocks for all classes, which would be a huge bonus. Do not unlock the third LMG though, it's a waste of certs. The second one is decent but only marginally better than the first, I'd save the points towards something more expensive.

Don't forget to equip the unlocks you get... I made the mistake of thinking the armors were "upgrade" points and not completely new types of armor that needed to be equipped.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: October 29, 2012, 03:48:33 pm »

And to maximise cert gain, well its exp based so try to make exp :P. for example staying still for 10 minutes on a base waiting for the 500 exp its a total waste as in 10 minutes of gameplay you can get more exp from other sources while actually having some fun.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: October 29, 2012, 04:27:31 pm »

That AA rocket launcher is Heaven. Well, taking the heavens, at least. And a great sniper-gun :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: October 29, 2012, 05:05:40 pm »

I'm still curious if the AA launcher has unlimited damage range or not. The SKEP AT launcher can only do damage out to its lock-on range unless you dumbfire it without scoping, which is really hard to aim for me since I usually rely on the ironsights as a guide.
Nothing important here, move along.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3637 on: October 29, 2012, 08:12:21 pm »

What is up with upgrade availability on guns?

The EM1 gets high velocity ammo (better for longer range), yet it gets the short range scopes (2x, reflex).

The GD-22S gets soft point ammo (better for shorter range), yet it gets all the long range scopes (6x, 4x, no access to reflex).

I was really looking forward to trying out the GD-22S, but not being able to get a reflex scope really sucks. It's still a medium range weapon, so why doesn't it have a good medium range scope? 2x reflex scope would be great.

Might wind up being a waste of 240 certs.

-edit- Not being able to SEE what certs are available for a gun before you unlock it sucks too.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 08:15:10 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: October 29, 2012, 08:19:32 pm »

They got rid of the HV and soft-point ammo for the base TR LMG. I used to love that thing with soft-point, it would chew through flesh like a rabid pack of wolves... which is probably why it's gone.
Nothing important here, move along.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: October 30, 2012, 02:41:27 am »

During some casual wanderings on Indar, I found a fascinating new species of Anti-Gravity Cactus:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And there are ways to beat boredom, but this is the most awesome I saw, (also on Indar):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: October 30, 2012, 02:49:14 am »

At the end of outfit operations we all do races like that. Usually to one of the other warpgates. Here's the last flash one I took part in. Sadly the person recording didn't get a look at how many of us there were.

Edit: this ones gives a better idea.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:52:07 am by Vattic »
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: October 30, 2012, 04:15:57 am »

Pure gold.

Yes, i'm going to keep linking these videos. They are relevant and hilarious.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: October 30, 2012, 08:54:08 pm »

So, playing.  name is Tureth in game, a name chosen by a random name generator a while ago.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: October 30, 2012, 09:20:30 pm »

There's a new bug by the looks of it.
If you die, the launch pads that take you from tower to tower stop working.  You need to log-out and log back in to get them working again.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: October 30, 2012, 09:49:09 pm »

Well, went about as well as other games, flew around a bit, got shot down, went into 1V1 tank battle, got blown up.  Defended a base, got killed some but somehow got a headshot.  I need to get a better feel for how far the bullet drops on the sniper, and realize that the placeable turret is not a sniper substitute.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 826