Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1122736 times)

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3600 on: October 28, 2012, 11:31:47 am »

well, as long as it does not affect the gameplay too much.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: October 28, 2012, 06:23:20 pm »

Incase you guys were unaware, /profanity disables the filter.
It's not specifically about the profanity filter, but the reasons certain innocuous words are included.
All the usual expletives do not need explaining, but; bronze; oops; minute; peace, etc - why, or in what language, are they profane?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: October 28, 2012, 06:40:22 pm »

this is a game about war, peace is thus a forbidden word.  and oops implies a accident, of which there can not be any.  (yea, just saying things because I can)

When the patch finished downloading/installing I will be playing, US west is the server to go on right? and what faction.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: October 28, 2012, 06:42:57 pm »

On Thebes, most Bay 12'ers are NC, there are a few renegades, but the world is large enough we might never encounter them.
How big is the patch?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: October 28, 2012, 07:15:58 pm »

a bit over a gig, almost done,just 100 MB or so left, so 10ish minutes. Done, well, the downloading at least.

character name is Tureth.  That is what is needed for me to join the outfit right?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 07:27:55 pm by bluejello »

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: October 28, 2012, 07:40:38 pm »

I don't know if anyone else is on at the moment, and I'm not in the outfit 'cause of that - so no help from me on that score.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: October 28, 2012, 09:40:33 pm »

The game has all-around really high specs. Even the minimum requires a recent model dual core, a video processor that was high-end only 2 or 3 years ago, and 4 gigs of RAM. The recommended is a six-core processor, a modern high-end video processor, and 8 gigs of RAM.
Nothing important here, move along.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3607 on: October 28, 2012, 10:15:16 pm »

Yea, it's a pretty high requirement game.

My old Core 2 Duo with 4gb of memory and a GTX 260 core 216 video card stuttered terribly and made the game unplayable even on the lowest settings. I could play in underpopulated areas with ten or so people fighting, but as soon as I got into the heavily populated areas my FPS dropped below 1.

Gave me a reason to upgrade, though. Picked up a newer I7 processor, 16gb of memory, and a GTX 670 graphics card. Now everything is smooth as can be on the highest settings, even in a battle with hundreds of infantry on each side and dozens of planes and tanks zooming around on screen.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: October 28, 2012, 10:18:54 pm »

I've got a Phenom x4 that's been overclocked to 3.8 GHz to make up for the missing cores, 16GB RAM and a GTX 550. Thankfully, once you've hit the recommended settings it runs pretty damn well.
Nothing important here, move along.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: October 29, 2012, 06:43:06 am »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: October 29, 2012, 07:02:50 am »

I dont bother with planes anymore after i tried to fly a reaver and crashed upside-down into a cliff 100 meters further.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: October 29, 2012, 07:09:54 am »

I dont bother with planes anymore after i tried to fly a reaver and crashed upside-down into a cliff 100 meters further.

I....you..... how?

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3612 on: October 29, 2012, 07:23:11 am »

I think I saw that! It was going to be a glorious flight! It turned out to be a glorious 10s!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: October 29, 2012, 07:52:52 am »

I....you..... how?
I have no idea.

And yes Anvilfolk, you saw that :P
You even reached zurvan before me.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: October 29, 2012, 08:03:54 am »

100m? That's nothing. I thought it might be a great idea to use my wacom tablet as a joystick. Problem was finding the middle, and it's extreme sensitivity. I lasted about 10 m. Most of those were downwards.  8)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 826