Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: A drawing a day - Doodling like a madman  (Read 19393 times)

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A drawing a day - Doodling like a madman
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2012, 05:23:55 am »

Using songs as inspirations for art, Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrUAD6sIkGI
So clearly an Autumn mountain pass under a starry sky, that is until the halfway mark when Casper the friendly meteor finds himself hurtling towards the Earth!  :o
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2012, 10:38:41 am »

Forgotten beast barmistsva with The Doctor walking out of his phone booth looking rather puzzled?
(At the risk of reviving an old meme...) This!

Also, I really, really shouldn't say this but... anyone else think one of the evil elf exes looks a little different from the others? (Please don't totally derail thread.)
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2012, 10:40:12 am »

Forgotten beast barmistsva with The Doctor walking out of his phone booth looking rather puzzled?

Also, I really, really shouldn't say this but... anyone else think one of the evil elf exes looks a little different from the others? (Please don't totally derail thread.)

Considering The Fool's request has 2 additional votes on top of his now, I guess this is the next piece of art you're going to make?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2012, 11:39:11 am »

Considering The Fool's request has 2 additional votes on top of his now, I guess this is the next piece of art you're going to make?

You would guess correctly. ;)

She might have had a few questionable flings with members of the neighboring civilizations.  :P

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2012, 02:04:02 am »

Got started late, so this is just a quick one. I'm still fooling around with brush settings and stuff.

I went with the more recent Doctor rather than the old one with the scarf and curly hair.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2012, 02:24:06 am »

That's awesome. Way to incorporate the FB thread. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Urist McCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2012, 03:34:04 am »

Lol.. I love some of the stuff in here. The mischievous berserk-fairies and Cacame the ruthless are awesome!

My suggestion would be pretty simple: draw a dwarf in a minecart, hurtling towards some baddies with his trusty <insert weapon/random piece of furniture here> in hand. Which is artifact and menaces with spikes of !!shiny!! and *awesome*, obviously.

Hell if I know. I just think it'd be a nice thing to see in Darker's style.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2012, 04:06:11 am »

Make a dwarven railgun. You know, the type that runs on rails and gets stronger as more heavy components are installed.

Make the goblins go 'Oh shi-', as the railgun is firing. Add dwarves in the background grinning evilly. And a ninja kobold.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2012, 07:17:31 am »

These are all great.

I'd like to see a group of elven cultists casting some sort of unholy ritual spell.

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2012, 07:05:30 pm »

I'm very, very tempted to second the request that involved menacing spikes of !!shiny!! and *awesome*...

On the other hand (and maybe this is for after that; we've had two minecart-related requests just now, so I think I know what the general theme of our next one is likely to be), I'd kinda like to see you take some Crayon Art Rewards (heard people were scanning them in and sharing them somewhere, although I'll admit I don't recall where) and re-render them in the DarkderDark style. Not to try to one-up the Crayon Art Rewards, but rather in the same spirit as, say, people taking old Legend of Zelda music and rearranging it for an orchestra... (I was actually going to say simply "A fisherdwarf wrestling a camel," but I figured with people talking elsewhere of actually paying you to keep putting DF-related art on the DF forums I should be clear I'm not suggesting you compete directly with The Toady One, just do an homage to his DF-related art.)
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

ashton1993

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2012, 07:53:49 pm »

...I figured with people talking elsewhere of actually paying you to keep putting DF-related art on the DF forums...

On that topic is there actually a way we can donate to you DD?
Wow, that's actually really friggin' awesome looking.
That is brilliant.
That is hilarious, Ashton. I love it.
OMG yes!!!  Thank you!!!

Totally not a narcissist.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 03:24:15 am »

Another quick one. My brother bought me a copy of Diablo 3 so I could play with him online, so some of my free time's been going into that. Still, I don't want gaming to consume me like it has in the past, so I'm still reserving some time during the night for drawing.

Black kobold/cutebolds. (possibly cannibals.)

I'm very, very tempted to second the request that involved menacing spikes of !!shiny!! and *awesome*...

On the other hand (and maybe this is for after that; we've had two minecart-related requests just now, so I think I know what the general theme of our next one is likely to be), I'd kinda like to see you take some Crayon Art Rewards (heard people were scanning them in and sharing them somewhere, although I'll admit I don't recall where) and re-render them in the DarkderDark style. Not to try to one-up the Crayon Art Rewards, but rather in the same spirit as, say, people taking old Legend of Zelda music and rearranging it for an orchestra... (I was actually going to say simply "A fisherdwarf wrestling a camel," but I figured with people talking elsewhere of actually paying you to keep putting DF-related art on the DF forums I should be clear I'm not suggesting you compete directly with The Toady One, just do an homage to his DF-related art.)

As cool as the idea may be, it would still feel like I'd be trying to one-up Toady and Tarn, so I wouldn't really be comfortable doing that.

On that topic is there actually a way we can donate to you DD?
Someday I hope to set something up where I can actually take commissions, but I'm still not used to doing high-res drawings. I suppose if you REALLY want to donate I could see about setting up a paypal account or something, I dunno, I'm just afraid that as soon as money starts getting involved drawing will become less fun. Perhaps that's a silly thing to be afraid of, but you have to understand that I've never made money off of the stuff I've drawn, so it would be a very big step for me.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2012, 03:57:40 am »

Given the number of strokes apparently spent on grass and kobold attire, that's an interesting definition of "quick."

Now then, about those dark ritual elves...

Or we could find you more music. :3
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2012, 04:06:06 am »

Music:
m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=ru&client=mv-google&v=JBRDayaDg8Q

edit: normal youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBRDayaDg8Q
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 05:34:36 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2012, 04:15:06 am »

Music:
m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=ru&client=mv-google&v=JBRDayaDg8Q
I think I still want dark ritual elves, but I approve of this too. And I'd assume it's a more interesting exercise for DarkerDark.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8