Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: A drawing a day - Doodling like a madman  (Read 19391 times)

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A drawing a day - Doodling like a madman
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2012, 06:32:51 am »

Three Steampunk dorfs - Two mechanics working on a flying machine, and one noble (complete with well-groomed beard and top-hat) watching them. The mechanics aren't happy.
Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2012, 08:36:55 am »

I wouldn't mind seeing what this piano piece would inspire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkWM7TiZGtA

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2012, 10:35:23 am »

Those kobolds, with their blunter snouts, are starting to look a little like red-flower-fed mimigas... or maybe ordinary mimigas out for revenge on the world, painted black and red to terrify surface-dwellers with accurate suggestions of impending doom. Then again, maybe that's the origin of kobolds -- mimigas that descended to the surface in the aftermath of the robot invasion, survived the ensuing war and retreated into caves once their red-flower frenzy died down? Outcasts in a world in which they have no place, survivors of a catastrophe brought on by lust for power, and... apparently creatures decent at outliving the fall of robotic technology and the return of the world to the Magma Age.

Have I mentioned yet that your work's incredible in any case? (And with the whole Orwellian scenario going on back in the game thread and young baywatchers wearing your elf art all over the forums, how does it feel to be the Che Guevera of Dwarf Fortress? *looks in vain for the smiley box to find a sufficiently "Ha ha, kidding!" sort of smiley*) Loved the forgotten beasts in the doctor's pic, too.

Draw a skydiver cutebold?
Paratrooper team launching from low Earth orbit (or low The Portentous Realms orbit, whatever), made up of various goblinnapped warriors from the other four races, lead by squad wickedcutebold*! The GFLMI (Goblin Foreign Legion Mobile Infantry): "Oskud oslak!" (Death from above! ...Well actually, literally, Deathdestruction Sky! Close enough, right? Plus it has a ring to it in the Goblinese.)

*I leave it up to you to decide whether that's "the squad's wickedcutebold" or "the squad of wickedcutebolds".
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2012, 04:49:05 pm »

These are great, again :)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2012, 08:17:58 pm »

I humbly request a dwarven monk punching a dragon in the face, if you would be so kind as to indulge me.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2012, 08:37:11 pm »

Okay, serious request time. I hereby request DarkerDark to do a group picture of his ideas of what the Bay12 community (and its associated memes) would look like. I'm not gonna name names, but I hope to see a few of the more popular members *coughTrueanAqizzarJanetKaelcough* in DD's style.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2012, 08:44:19 pm »

*coughMaximumHerocough*

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2012, 08:46:28 pm »

*coughMaximumHerocough*
Well, I can't request myself. :P That's gotta break some unwritten rule. I can request that Barbarossa be appended to my non-list, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2012, 08:48:06 pm »

I dunno... that seems to be just the sort of forum wankery that's led to trouble in the past.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2012, 08:56:37 pm »

I just want DD's take on the forumites, that's all. Besides, it's not like I'm putting a gun to his head. I don't even like guns. :P

Cobbler89

• Bay Watcher
  • Cobbler cancels celebrate Caesar: mending soles
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2012, 09:53:24 pm »

Who the most popular forumites are depends what you're interested in.

There's the graphics pack triumvirate of Phoebus, Mike Mayday and Ironhand.

There's the experts in modding.

There's the experts in !!science!!, which has some overlap with the previous.

There's LoudWhispers, who's everywhere but isn't famous for anything in particular that I know of. I guess that would be the ubquitous category. I think Japa fits here too. Or maybe they both made a name for themselves over something in particular that I never dug into their histories to learn about, and I'm here making a fool of myself.

There's that Aussie fellow who colonized the circus.

There are the people who've made visualizers (Stonesense, Overseer), whose names I don't even recall except for thewonderidiot (main author of Overseer, though I think he had a buddy helping from time to time).

There's Quietust and anyone else who works with the wiki or bugs (if I am remembering right, he's both a wiki manager and the guy who does disassebly on the game to figure out which parts of the code are failing in various bugs); this would also include, for just one more example, Footkerchief (one of the most commonly seen bug managers).

And, of course, there's anyone who took a turn creating and maintaining Dwarf Therapist.

Have I missed any categories?

Oh, right -- the artists, perhaps the most famous of which today is DarkerDark himself, but which also includes... um... who did illustrations of Boatmurdered, remind me? I'll admit to not having been around this community as long as most.

Which, of course, brings us to another category I nearly missed: the people who did and do the most famous bloodline/succession games, first of which in fame is the entire Boatmurdered gang. Heck, you could do a whole pic just of the Boatmurdered gang in the form of the dwarves they identified with!

After that, there's the question of whether Toady One and ThreeToe count as forumites too!

Yeah... that's gonna be a big group picture. I mean, it'd work great in original DF graphics, just a bunch of different colored smiley faces, right? But DD? More of a year-long massive real-life mural project or something.

Which, you know, would be awesome, but directly counter to the purpose of this particular thread. Besides, he's still gotta finish that suggestion adventure with the elves.
Quote from: Mr S
You've struck embedded links. Praise the data miners!
Quote from: Strong Bad
The magma is seeping under the door.

Quote from: offspring
Quote from: Cobbler89
I have an idea. Let's play a game where you win by being as quiet as possible.
I get it, it's one of those games where losing is fun!
I spend most of your dimension's time outside of your dimension. I can't guarantee followup or followthrough on any comments, ideas, or plans.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2012, 10:04:56 pm »

There's LoudWhispers, who's everywhere but isn't famous for anything in particular that I know of. I guess that would be the ubquitous category. I think Japa fits here too. Or maybe they both made a name for themselves over something in particular that I never dug into their histories to learn about, and I'm here making a fool of myself.

I was the stonesense guy for a while. Kinda petered off now, though.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2012, 10:33:40 pm »

I've made some forum games and manage the Quickfort Blueprints archive, and made the big music thread, but I wouldn't say I'm that popular.

Eitherway, MaximumHero the Arbiter of Facepunching would probably be one of the sillier looking ones by title if he did this.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2012, 10:41:28 pm »

Okay, serious request time. I hereby request DarkerDark to do a group picture of his ideas of what the Bay12 community (and its associated memes) would look like. I'm not gonna name names, but I hope to see a few of the more popular members *coughTrueanAqizzarJanetKaelcough* in DD's style.

It's a fun idea, but I wouldn't want to do it because people will be inadvertently left out. And it would also take forever to draw that many characters all doing something interesting in a single picture.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2012, 10:51:28 pm »

Ah, well, it was worth a shot. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8