Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 372

Author Topic: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 683153 times)

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] CREATURE & ENTITY QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #4215 on: November 27, 2019, 07:11:12 am »

I'll look at it now. Thanks for letting me see it!
Awesome! thanks for all of the work!

I got it fixed based on your testing. No more crashes.

I think your embark crash was caused by a lack of domestic or evil animals, but I fixed that if that was the issue.

I downloaded a clean copy of DF and one at a time added files and then removed files. The crashes come from removing one of the following files: item_ammo, item_armor, item_gloves, item_pants, item_shield, item_shoes, item_toy, item_weapon.

I'll mess with it more to figure out the specific item(s) required, but leaving them in for now doesn't hurt anything.

Thanks again!  :)

Ill PM you the working version.

By the way, do FLIERs just have the potential to get stuck in places or are there bigger concerns (fps drain, crashes, etc)?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: November 27, 2019, 11:35:56 am »

Thanks for the PM! I'm glad you were able to solve the problem. Regarding fliers, they just get stuck really easily.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: November 27, 2019, 04:33:17 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This thing still doesn't use its reanimation interaction.

The interaction:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
pug

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: November 28, 2019, 12:08:00 am »

I dont see anything at all wrong with the interaction or the CDI in the creature.

Try changing the target in the interaction from the specific creature to a creature class, and add that class to the creature. All I can think of is it might not recognize a creature's bodyparts as that creature.

You're making sure to expose it to scenarios where it is in combat in sight+range of its body parts to reanimate, right?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: November 28, 2019, 01:31:37 pm »

What happens if you don't remove unused materials from a body detail plan? (for example, removing the token [REMOVE_MATERIAL:BONE] from the shark creature raw?)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: November 28, 2019, 03:23:45 pm »

What happens if you don't remove unused materials from a body detail plan? (for example, removing the token [REMOVE_MATERIAL:BONE] from the shark creature raw?)

It will give you an error if you don't also remove [REMOVE_TISSUE:BONE]. Other than that, the materials will exist in game, meaning they can show up in stock piles, but there will be no way of creating them except for custom reactions

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: November 28, 2019, 03:53:23 pm »

OK

MachoNacho

• Bay Watcher
  • pug
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: November 28, 2019, 05:13:43 pm »

I dont see anything at all wrong with the interaction or the CDI in the creature.

Try changing the target in the interaction from the specific creature to a creature class, and add that class to the creature. All I can think of is it might not recognize a creature's bodyparts as that creature.

You're making sure to expose it to scenarios where it is in combat in sight+range of its body parts to reanimate, right?
When I take control of it in the arena, I can reanimate the eggs that fall off. The interaction is fine, the creature just doesn't use it.
pug

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: November 28, 2019, 10:56:26 pm »

That's kind of a thing with the a.i. AFAIK it will only use certain interactions, and only in certain situations

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: November 29, 2019, 12:41:31 pm »

Is there a way to influence the chance of multiple births in each pregnancy?

[MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] favors single births and [LITTERSIZE] only controls the minimum/maximum births and doesn't take any arguments for probability.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: November 29, 2019, 03:34:00 pm »

Will alcohol dependent creature have their alcohol needs satisfied by eating solidified alcohol?

CheeznWhine

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: November 30, 2019, 01:30:49 pm »

Does anyone know the functions of this token? Does it control the length of the tissue layer or the length at which the appearance descriptor is used?

[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]

I can't tell how beard growth is being controlled looking at the tokens and it's making me insane...

edit: sorry I re-read the note about setting it to 0 AND finally realized these were all cosmetic tags...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2019, 08:12:32 pm by CheeznWhine »

Logariter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: November 30, 2019, 04:52:01 pm »

Is it possible to make a creature larger than 2000000000cm3 with body appearance modifiers?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: November 30, 2019, 06:20:47 pm »

The biggest size I've accomplished without the creature's materials glitching out was by making it 1cm3 and giving it a [CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC:20000000000] tag in its SELECT_CASTE_ALL section. I think that's about the limit, although you could probably give it a slightly higher multiplier.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 372